ATTENTION: Justis Case Owners

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cases

I have an old cheap case that I could throw down the stairs and have no damage to my cues at all.

After reading these threads you can keep your JB cases.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I have an old cheap case that I could throw down the stairs and have no damage to my cues at all.

After reading these threads you can keep your JB cases.

Good then it's better than what Justis is delivering now. Better than a new expensive one that doesn't protect as well as your old cheap one.

No one said protection should be expensive. But if the case is expensive then I sure don't want to be told that my cues could be damaged inside of it.

I have some new cheap cases that you can throw down the stairs with no worries as well. In fact, in the next few years I am pretty confident that most "cheap" cases on the market will have some version of my interiors in them.

So if you buy a new case later you will have to go out of your way to buy an inferior one if you don't want the protection level we provide.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Okay... I'll start.

The case in your sig looks like the case equivalent of those tacky spray painted McDermott monstrosities that every bar banger seems to think are the coolest ever.

Not much "artistic flare", and seems to be "designed" more from the aspect of what will appeal to the unwashed masses, rather than a case conniseur.. (sp?)

Is that a "good" bash? Now, please respond and tell me how I am "wrong".

Russ

Well, you are discussing art and I am discussing performance. The case you are critiquing for it's looks was designed and ordered by one of the most prolific collectors and dealers of billiard products on AZ and when he sold it it was bought very quickly by one of the largest collectors on Earth. So, whether you like the looks or not doesn't matter because the case has a home with someone who appreciates it very much.

Now if this case and your Justis happened to be involved in an auto accident Ithen the JB Case has a much better chance of protecting the cues inside it than your Justis. In that situation it doesn't matter how pretty the case is, only whether it does it's job or not.

And the JOB of the case is to protect the cues.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
And furthermore... I'll say this about Jack's "instructions".

Perhaps..Just PERHAPS.... Jack is more interested in creating utilitarian art than he is in making huge profits. For that matter, he may have decided that he is not going to put styrofoam, or ANY other material like that in his cases, and expects that his users will treat them like works of art (which they ARE, IMHO...).

Um, ok. Art? Well I guess that's subjective. I suppose if you call doing essentially the same case with slightly different configurations over and over and over with some laser engraved logos on rectangle patches once in a while art then who's to say it isn't. Jack builds some very pretty cases I agree. His style with the lines and arrowheads and scrollwheel press tooling is distinctively his own. Using those simple elements he creates great looking cases. But it's kind of like building a great looking cue out of balsa wood. You might make the prettiest looking cue ever but if it doesn't work to control the ball it's just a long thin piece of art.

As for the profit motive: Well.....I am pretty sure Jack is more interested in the bottom line as evidenced by the shortcuts he takes in the construction of the exterior and by no bothering to build the interiors himself. Among us case makers we know the cost of things and the time involved and you can bet that Jack is doing ok when he sells a case.

Now, for a revelation... Yes...I know that Jack's cases don't provide as good protection to those people that wish to toss their cues in their cases willy nilly after any emotional loss.

Guess what? I DON'T CARE. I love all the materials in the case, and I don't think any of it is "cheap".

Ok good for you. You have made your compromise. I build cases for the people who do care about their cues being ok whether they decide to throw their case or whether it is launched in the air accidentally. You have heard of people losing their balance haven't you?
I have a Meucci sneaky Pete that doesn't fit well in many cases, because it is so thin. It gets "stuck" in cases like yours. I have to pop off my butt cap sometimes in cases like yours because it goes in too far, and then I have to use my pinkie finger to extract the butt.

Oh you mean when you put your Meucci in PIN DOWN then it goes below the lip of the case and you can't get it out. I see. Well did you ever think of turning it over and putting it in bumper down like 99% of the world does? You moniker really does fit you.

Guess what? NEVER had that problem with my Jack Justis. It's a conscious DESIGN, and Jack did it that way because it is aesthetically more pleasing to him, and allows for storage of ALL sizes of cues.

And mine is what? Unconscious? :) Man you're hilarious. Well tune in on Saturday and we can clear up your capacity and loading problems. I will teach you what out cases can hold and how to load them so that the cues fit snugly but are easy to remove.

So, give it up and quit attacking him, before you lose more customers than you already have.

Maybe I should continue to gain more customers who didn't know about the inferior protection you admit to above. Maybe they were under the illusion that the great case artist Jack Justis would surely not skimp on so important a part of the case as protection of the cues. Why don't you give it up as I think you are causing him more harm.

You basically just told everyone that Jack builds art that doesn't have to be concerned with protection and that you KNOW that his cases aren't protective and as such one must be intelligent enough to understand that form trumps function and a case doesn't need to be protective as long as it looks good and anyone who doens't get that is too stupid to be a Justis owner.

Is that about it?

The only stuff Jack says against you is to defend himself from your constant snide remarks. This isn't the first time you've pulled stuff like this. I've seen it in other threads, and it has always irritated me.

Sure ok. That would be more credible if you didn't go off on the fantasy trip you lay out above.

"Short Bus" Russ

I agree.

Yancey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Barton,

You type alot but you are one DENSE SOB. Look, I will respond one more time, please watch my words form on the page slowly.... The following is so that you dont have to try and mis-interpret my meanings, as you are trying to do with this thread to make a point that your cases are better than someone elses, which they arent. LOL

Joint protectors are neat inventions...I put them on my cues anytime that my cue is not screwed together to play with.

Secondly, the material is my Justis case does not scratch my cues PERIOD.

Thirdly, I am sure that Bill Schick gets all kinds of pool items for cues sent to him since he is a Hall of Fame cuemaker but what I said was... Ask Bill Schick which cases he has recommended to his customers. He has already told me that Jack Justis makes the best case, that is WHY I have one when I was looking for a replacement for yours.

Lastly, let me put this plain and simple. I would not own one of your cases John, because I buy from people I like as most people do. I can tell from your responses that you are someone I do not like and if you really read some of the reponses on this thread you hi jacked that others dont like you as well. So save your typing you keep digging a deeper hole.

Oh, have fun on Saturday as I will not be watching your show, because I am very happy with the Justis case I have and dont need to watch someone bash others on my day off. The beauty of the internet is that we can IGNORE others. Hahaha.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John Barton,

You type alot but you are one DENSE SOB. Look, I will respond one more time, please watch my words form on the page slowly.... The following is so that you dont have to try and mis-interpret my meanings, as you are trying to do with this thread to make a point that your cases are better than someone elses, which they arent. LOL

Joint protectors are neat inventions...I put them on my cues anytime that my cue is not screwed together to play with.

Good for you. You NEED them in your Justis.

You don't NEED them if you use one of my cases.

Secondly, the material is my Justis case does not scratch my cues PERIOD.

I didn't say it did. I asked you if you would polish your cue with a piece of nylon? Would you?

Thirdly, I am sure that Bill Schick gets all kinds of pool items for cues sent to him since he is a Hall of Fame cuemaker

I am sure that you have no idea what sort of relationship led to Bill being asked his advice on the GTF case construction. But let me assure you it's deeper than yours and Bill's. I am pretty sure of that.

but what I said was... Ask Bill Schick which cases he has recommended to his customers. He has already told me that Jack Justis makes the best case, that is WHY I have one when I was looking for a replacement for yours.

So Bill recommended a Justis? So what? And now if he tells someone to buy a GTF will that make GTF better than Justis? You are so smart and you couldn't figure out ON YOUR OWN what case to buy?

Lastly, let me put this plain and simple. I would not own one of your cases John, because I buy from people I like as most people do.

Thank you for putting it so simply. The good thing for you is that there are plenty of choices out there in cases. More than ever. I don't want you to like me. I am not here to pander to you to get your money. I build cases to protect cues and let me put this even simpler, my cases do that better than Jack's.

So this is not an election, I don't need to kiss your ass. Your money and admonition means nothing to me. The point of this thread is to question why Jack needs to warn people about the possibility of cues getting damaged while in his case. Try to follow along.

I can tell from your responses that you are someone I do not like and if you really read some of the reponses on this thread you hi jacked that others dont like you as well. So save your typing you keep digging a deeper hole.

Sure. And if YOU really read some of the responses you can see that some people get the point.

Which is again; a cue case should not harm a cue, ever. The case maker should not need to warn customers that using the case could harm their cue.

Oh, have fun on Saturday as I will not be watching your show, because I am very happy with the Justis case I have and dont need to watch someone bash others on my day off. The beauty of the internet is that we can IGNORE others. Hahaha.

That's fine, your input won't be missed. I already knew that you couldn't back up what you were saying in a direct setting with evidence laid out in front of you.

However it will be available later as I am positive you will be dying to see what was said since you just had to jump in here.

tattoo

Tatuaje in the house🤘🏻
Silver Member
Wow

either i read slow or maybe i am just slow..45 minutes later..i have owned cases by both makers..i have talked with jack and john and i like them both..why do people by certain cases? i think because they like the looks first and function second..is this the right way to buy a case? maybe not but most guys i am around do...i have noticed that most tubed lined cases have some rattle...but i am carefull with what ever case i use.. and really most people who buy jacks cases are very carefull with there cues. everything i buy know if for investment not just for function...but like i said i have owned both without problems for either...i think that johns interiors are great and exteriors are nice...and jacks exteriors are great and interiors are nice...a combo of both would be the SUPER NUTS....but either on there own are top knotch...i as everyone else wish this would stop but it takes two to make it stop....and it is not going too as we can see...so wither you back a jack or a john treat the cue with respect and you shouldnt have a problem.....ps YOU CAN PLAY POOL WITHOUT A CASE.....BUT TRY PLAYING POOL WITHOUT A CUE....SO TREAT IT THAT WAY...mickey carroll:smile:

MJ_Ro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JB sounds more and more like a frustrated bitter man who likes to type. This is the image portrait in this thread. Just think about it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
JB sounds more and more like a frustrated bitter man who likes to type. This is the image portrait in this thread. Just think about it.

Frustrated yes. Bitter no. Upset yes. Likes to type, not really. OCD - somewhat.

That's why on Saturday I will demonstrate what I want to show. Then I can sit back and stop typing it. Just let the video play and people can see for themselves what I have been saying all along.

Soldtonight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hummmmm....

I'm happier that a pig in SH.T!!! I just won a 3/6 Justis on the raffle section....
I had the chance of meeting Jack and his wife earlier this year when I was picking up a Scruggs Titlist and they are a class act. He is truly old school,and their is no school like old school.
Dan Z.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
That's why on Saturday I will demonstrate what I want to show. Then I can sit back and stop typing it. Just let the video play and people can see for themselves what I have been saying all along.

Hope you posy you stream on U-tube for those of us to see who can not look Saturday.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
cases

I have seen a handful of the Justis cases and admired every one I have seen. Several friends have them and are very happy with them. They don't drop them out of airplanes or run over them with trucks but I don't do that to my Instroke case either. I have a large Instroke case mainly because I often have somebody else's cue or shafts in there with mine. It's dinged up and damaged a bit on the outside but no loss of function. The only things I don't like about it is that it weighs about as much as a small hog and most of my shafts won't fit in it joint down.

I'll be swapping to one of the thickly padded soft cases next year. That will shed a couple of pounds and give me all of the protection I need from the occasional drop or banging into things. I've never damaged a cue in a thin soft case either but I do like the thicker ones.

I'm also going to build myself a luggage style case when my CNC router is up and running. Back to being a little bit of a pain to deal with weightwise and it will get dinged up just like my Instroke but I like the idea of having everything at my fingertips with easy access. Being able to build one exactly to suit me will be nice and it won't look like a cue case, sometimes a plus.

Hu

Rob_jerrylee

Bustamante's # 1 fan
Silver Member
It's funny to me when I started reading this thread from Start to Finish how much that you guys are b*tching like old ladys at a bingo hall .

Almost reminds me of watching reality Tv on who's got the best of everything , seriously guys so what if JB's cases are better that Justis or Justis's are better than JB's . Some people need to grow up around here fighting like Kindergartners.:rolleyes: Just be thankful that you have a case to put your sticks in .

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Wednesday on AZ

It's funny to me when I started reading this thread from Start to Finish how much that you guys are b*tching like old ladys at a bingo hall .

Almost reminds me of watching reality Tv on who's got the best of everything , seriously guys so what if JB's cases are better that Justis or Justis's are better than JB's . Some people need to grow up around here fighting like Kindergartners.:rolleyes: Just be thankful that you have a case to put your sticks in .

I agree but yesterday would have been really boring on AZ without this kind of excitement.

It's about us, not them, or Jon & Kate

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This is unique,
shapeimage_3.jpg