Attention Texas

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Rooms are closing down all over but I am here to tell you a new room has opened and it is the truth. If ever you are in the area of Angleton Texas make time to drop in at Damifino Billiards. To quote the room owner they are a pool hall first and then a bar. They have excellent equipment (10 7 foot diamonds and 2 9 foot diamonds) the AC is always blasting but the music is tolerable and T.Vs aren't distracting. They have a full service bar and short order food with prompt and friendly service. The best thing about this room is that it is loaded with good players. They have 2 leagues and 3 weekly tournaments with one being weighted for lower level players and an open tournament on Saturday and Monday nights. The crowd is really chill and absolutely no nerve racking B.S. to deal with. There is also no smoke and vaping is allowed but not crop dusting competitive vaping. The room owners are serious about making a go of it and it shows. This is a room that deserves support. It is a little bit of a drive for me but I don't have to put my life on the line to make it down there on a freeway. I really don't have any yes but criticism. Damifino is a good room with good people. Checkem out when you can. Get on their facebook and try to make an open tournament.

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully it can stay open. I live in West Texas and they are already talking about power outages again...and it's only mid June! They are recommending thermostats be set to 78 degrees. It doesn't sound like it's going to be a very good summer for us.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Hopefully it can stay open. I live in West Texas and they are already talking about power outages again...and it's only mid June! They are recommending thermostats be set to 78 degrees. It doesn't sound like it's going to be a very good summer for us.

Wow, 78 is almost like not having A/C on. And they want us all driving electric cars in 10 years, how exactly do they plan on charging them???

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool resumed in Fresno and two rooms held Fathers Day tournaments.
One tournament was a $10 entry fee and the other was $100 (16 entrants).
The photos are from the more expensive tournament with stronger players.

I didn’t play because it was the first time back in a pool hall in 16 months.
Ironically, the photos are the pool hall I last played in on February 16, 2020.

I have fingers and toes are crossed that pool rooms will bounce back financially
stronger & better than before COVID screwed things up for pool room operators.

Attachments

• C38A182A-AF3B-42E3-BC4B-D767B1C3F286.jpeg
    C38A182A-AF3B-42E3-BC4B-D767B1C3F286.jpeg
    191.9 KB · Views: 155
  • 4515F658-E833-45F1-8F07-A151AC7E5584.jpeg
    4515F658-E833-45F1-8F07-A151AC7E5584.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 142
  • D178C264-D2F4-406A-82AC-95E76BCF4907.jpeg
    D178C264-D2F4-406A-82AC-95E76BCF4907.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 144

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yesterday it was 111 degrees in Fresno…….78 really sounds delightful.
Thank goodness some of my children are a lot smarter than their father.

My son lives in San Diego & it was 73; my daughter lives in SF, it was 65.
Yesterday’s overnight low in Fresno was 79 at 4 am so 78 doesn’t sound bad.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have fingers and toes are crossed that pool rooms will bounce back financially
Played in my first tournament yesterday since pre Covid.
9 ball Texas express rules on 9 foot GC's.
Rack your own (turtle racks).
Alternate breaks.
Played well and took 5th and left after about 8 hours of play.

Felt great to have the tournament adrenaline pumping again.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can I drop info on another new Texas room in Austin here too?

It is not on the website but the Diamonds are 8 ft's. If you end up down there the Mexican Restaurant in the same center is very good too.

Last edited:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Yesterday it was 111 degrees in Fresno…….78 really sounds delightful.
Thank goodness some of my children are a lot smarter than their father.

My son lives in San Diego & it was 73; my daughter lives in SF, it was 65.
Yesterday’s overnight low in Fresno was 79 at 4 am so 78 doesn’t sound bad.

Is San Francisco where they quit criminalizing shoplifting for up to $700 or something like that?? If so I wouldn't want to own a retail business there no matter the temperature.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow, 78 is almost like not having A/C on. And they want us all driving electric cars in 10 years, how exactly do they plan on charging them???
Funny thing 77 or 78 is what I keep my house year round, I’m fragile and anything colder is just too brutal. Lol😀😀

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

They look like either Rebco or Global pool tables. Both are good tables.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's nice to see poolrooms like this. I'm so glad there are still people dedicated to our sport who will invest and build places like this. These are all temples to our sport, just as much as famous golf courses and tennis courts are to their sport.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Funny thing 77 or 78 is what I keep my house year round, I’m fragile and anything colder is just too brutal. Lol😀😀
You're out west though where I think humidity is low. Up here we have high humidity when its hot and I think we have to keep A/C on 72-75 to keep humidity low for comfort. In winter we generally keep the heat at about 70, its comfy probably because anything above 20 degrees in the winter is a nice day.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The local 9’ tables are mainly Rebco and Diamond. I fear that the future for pool halls is bleak but it will bounce back.
2-3 years from now someone will open a new pool hall and it will flourish because people will want to play more than
before. But it will take some smart $ to do it right but it will pay off because pool will always have its loyal followers.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're out west though where I think humidity is low. Up here we have high humidity when its hot and I think we have to keep A/C on 72-75 to keep humidity low for comfort. In winter we generally keep the heat at about 70, its comfy probably because anything above 20 degrees in the winter is a nice day.
Anything below 70 degrees is a crisis for me. 🥶🥶 I can’t take the cold lol, I’m fragile 😉

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Rooms are closing down all over but I am here to tell you a new room has opened and it is the truth. If ever you are in the area of Angleton Texas make time to drop in at Damifino Billiards. To quote the room owner they are a pool hall first and then a bar. They have excellent equipment (10 7 foot diamonds and 2 9 foot diamonds) the AC is always blasting but the music is tolerable and T.Vs aren't distracting. They have a full service bar and short order food with prompt and friendly service. The best thing about this room is that it is loaded with good players. They have 2 leagues and 3 weekly tournaments with one being weighted for lower level players and an open tournament on Saturday and Monday nights. The crowd is really chill and absolutely no nerve racking B.S. to deal with. There is also no smoke and vaping is allowed but not crop dusting competitive vaping. The room owners are serious about making a go of it and it shows. This is a room that deserves support. It is a little bit of a drive for me but I don't have to put my life on the line to make it down there on a freeway. I really don't have any yes but criticism. Damifino is a good room with good people. Checkem out when you can. Get on their facebook and try to make an open tournament.
IOW, they're a Damn-i-fine-o pool hall....

Jaden