suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So today, I decided to look at my User CP, for whatever reason, and lo and behold, I have a message there that says "Latest Reputation Received". Now, I have never seen this before, so I can't really tell whether it is officially good or bad, but by the comment left, it was intended to be bad.

The comment was in relation to my avatar, the poster who left the rep saying that it is inappropriate. I'm not going to name names, because that's not my style. But in searching the FAQs, the forum rules post by Mr. Wilson, etc., I found NOTHING that implies or states that my avatar is inappropriate.

The unnamed poster, it should be noted, has a whopping total of 4 posts, that's right, 4. I've got an idea...why don't you try contributing before you go around playing Political Correctness police on the forums? I might not have a whole lot of posts either, but I got way more than frickin 4. Secondly, it's a cartoon, for crying out loud. Grow up. And lastly, there is another poster here with the same avatar, so I know he's with me here.

Anyhow, unnamed poster, you know who you are, although I highly doubt you'll ever even see this since you've been lurking for almost a year, yet have posted FOUR times. Get a life, or go play PC police somewhere else.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally think it is a stupid and immature avatar compared to most others out there but to each his own. I am not going to ask you to remove it, but I am likely to pay attention to a post of yours because of it if it is not something I have a real interest in from a billiards standpoint.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally I think it's funny as hell. This is the damn internet and you can have whatever avatar you choose. It does not depict profanity or nudity, so by all means.... ;)

suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cuenut said:
I personally think it is a stupid and immature avatar compared to most others out there but to each his own. I am not going to ask you to remove it, but I am likely to pay attention to a post of yours because of it if it is not something I have a real interest in from a billiards standpoint.

And I have no problem with that. This is your opinion, and that is fine. I'm not really sure what you mean by the second comment...these forums are all about pool, except the non-pool section. But I wouldn't come here other than to talk about pool...it's about the only thing I do for fun now, except the occasional movie.

But I digress. My point was that to bad rep me for my avatar, about which nothing is said in the forum rules, is really pathetic. Nevermind the fact that it is from a nobody on these forums.

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Personally...I don't like it one bit. This is a pool forum and I should not have to see your avatar and be reminded of that time I let that hooker tie me up!!!:D

suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Varney Cues said:
Personally...I don't like it one bit. This is a pool forum and I should not have to see your avatar and be reminded of that time I let that hooker tie me up!!!:D

So I take it that it wasn't a good experience? :eek: :)

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
I have my control setting NOT to display Avatars. I read the forums at work and other publich places and Avatars would have been an issue.

So, if someone don't like avatars, they can control their setting to turn it off as I have.

Da Poet

Pool is Cool
Silver Member
Ya know, the only thing kind of creepy about your avatar to me is that the girl looks like she's either dead or passed out with her eyes closed and arms just kind of hanging down the way they do.

Other than that it's hilarious! :D :D :confused:

ATH

hell, here i come!
Silver Member
I think its funny, hell i used to love MarioBros when i was a kid.:D

Eydie Romano

Finally Retired!
Silver Member
There is another member who posts on a regular basis, and uses this same avatar. I won't name his name so he does not get bad rep from the same person who gave it to you.

I personally think that if avatars are that offensive to some people ,as Jazz says, just shut em off!

I have given you good rep!

Eydie

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
I think your avatar is a little dumb, but you just may think mine is dumb. Additionally, for some strange reason I can't put my finger on I also find it offensive. On the other hand, I'll defend until my last stub of a finger is worn down to nothing from typing your right to display it.
BTW, I think it was good form to not state the name of the poster who PMed you about it. A PM is private and should stay that way. To paraphrase a TV commercial "What happens in a PM, stays in a PM".
EDIT: Opps, my bad, it was a rep. Nevertheless it should remain anonymous
I think I'll go turn off avatars now and see what the forum looks like that way.

Last edited:

pharaoh68

Banned
suckershot said:
So today, I decided to look at my User CP, for whatever reason, and lo and behold, I have a message there that says "Latest Reputation Received". Now, I have never seen this before, so I can't really tell whether it is officially good or bad, but by the comment left, it was intended to be bad.

The comment was in relation to my avatar, the poster who left the rep saying that it is inappropriate. I'm not going to name names, because that's not my style. But in searching the FAQs, the forum rules post by Mr. Wilson, etc., I found NOTHING that implies or states that my avatar is inappropriate.

The unnamed poster, it should be noted, has a whopping total of 4 posts, that's right, 4. I've got an idea...why don't you try contributing before you go around playing Political Correctness police on the forums? I might not have a whole lot of posts either, but I got way more than frickin 4. Secondly, it's a cartoon, for crying out loud. Grow up. And lastly, there is another poster here with the same avatar, so I know he's with me here.

Anyhow, unnamed poster, you know who you are, although I highly doubt you'll ever even see this since you've been lurking for almost a year, yet have posted FOUR times. Get a life, or go play PC police somewhere else.

Suckershot-

Don't pay any attention to it. If your avatar is inappropriate or overly offensive in any way, Mike (AzHousePro) or Mr. Wilson will kindly ask you to remove it, plain and simple. If anyone has any gripes with your avatar, the solution is simple:

they don't have to look OR they can simply switch the avatars off and then they don't have to worry about being offended!!

You may have read Eydie's post about another fairly active member of this forum using this avatar before? Yours truly!!! See? 1,550+ posts and I see nothing wrong with it. But, its a matter of taste. If I did see something wrong with it, I wouldn't make you remove it. I'd look past it or I'd turn the avatars feature off. (By the way, thanks for remembering Eydie! Hope you and Bob are rebounding from the accident. Remember, cars can be replaced!)

But, I digress... I used to have a dancing cat avatar and that sparked contraversy because it annoyed people so when I switched to Mario humping the Princess, I was sure that the walls would come crumbling down and a wave of AZers would mount horses and ride across the plains looking to string me up. But alas... nothing!

The point is, you can't please everyone, and once you realize that you have to move forward and stop worrying about whether or not your actions are going to please anyone. Now I'm not saying throw up any old thing you want. Use your best judgment. And if it fails you, the mods will remind you when you overstep your boundaries.

Remember, there is a fine line between humorous and offensive and, unfortunately, some people just see the two as one in the same.

Last edited:

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
For Pete's sake ...

Varney Cues said:

You never let a hooker tie you up! She will get off, rob you, and take off... Only let a trusted girlfriend do that .... lol

metal5d

Pool Player
Silver Member
I think your Avatar is fine. If someone has a problem with it they should take it up with the moderators or turn Avatars off. Here's some good rep for you.

MFB

Just a User
Silver Member
Snapshot9 said:
You never let a hooker tie you up! She will get off, rob you, and take off... Only let a trusted girlfriend do that .... lol

Yeah key word trusted girlfriend, not disgruntled. Otherwise she'll take pictures of you and spread them all over the neighborhood. But I wouldn't know anything about that.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
pharaoh68 said:
I switched to Mario humping the Princess, I was sure that the walls would come crumbling down and a wave of AZers would mount horses and ride across the plains looking to string me up. But alas... nothing!

Remember, there is a fine line between humorous and offensive and, unfortunately, some people just see the two as one in the same.

WHAT ? HUMPING ? Now, I AM offended. All this time, I thought Mario was pumping up an inflatable Doll.....

Doug
(I saved the Princess in three Mario Bros. games)

suckershot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pharaoh68 said:
You may have read Eydie's post about another fairly active member of this forum using this avatar before? Yours truly!!!

Yeah, I did mention that another poster used the same avatar. I didn't name you for the same reason Eydie didn't.

I was pretty sure you'd understand. :D