Az Members who build their own cues please post photo's of your new and old work!!!!

sac14214

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
13 - for my Daughter

Monkey Pod forearm with PurpleHeart points.
Cork wrapped dyed pink.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Last edited:

sac14214

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Honduran Rosewood and Bolivian Rosewood

These 2 cues to be raffled off at a benefit for local league player.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

sac14214

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
playing cue and break stick

Playing cue is ancient Kauri wood forearm (cored with purpleheart) and bacote butt.
Break cue is cherry forearm with bacote butt and purpleheart shaft

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

sac14214

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you. I am impressed they came out as good as they did, especially since I am just playing around in the basement.

sac14214

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
1st attempt at a fullsplice

I have always wanted to try a true 4 prong full splice cue. I was working on a forearm for a cue and made and error in my set up that made me want to throw it away... then thought I would give the full splice a try with my garbage bound forearm.

I have an antique butchers bandsaw I acquired from a guy who used it to processed deer. I converted it to cut wood. It works, but not really well. For the handle section I had to finish my cuts by hand. The results are not pretty, but I finished it all the way through just to see how it turned out. I have a new found (greater) respect for the full splice method of building a cue and those who are pulling it off flawlessly.

My shaft is from an old bar cue and I left the tips of the old points on it. I tried a white tail deer antler for a ferrule.

All in all I really like the way this cue plays. It is just filled with flaws (and black epoxy)..... really was a learning lesson in the areas to pay closer attention to the next time I attempt this.

Cocobolo forearm and butt, Brazilian Maca wood for the handle area.
58" long
butt: 16.2 oz (no weight bolt)
shaft: 3.4 oz - 12.75 mm tip

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

dakraljic

Banned
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Attachments

• GUERICO 5.jpg
    GUERICO 5.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 1,219