As a caveat to this thread, the AzBilliards Money List 2009 does not have all tournament payouts, as it is not possible for them to be aware of each one, especially some of the regional tournament events.
That said, I hope everyone who reads this forum and sees those so-called "big numbers" are aware of the expenses incurred in professional pool.
For every dollar won, you can be sure that at least a third to half of it is eaten up by expenses and/or backers and/or savers. Yes, professional players save with each other, especially friends, to help with expenses. It's kind of like a jelly roll, I guess. They are each still playing their hardest to win.
Though I am glad to see the high money payouts listed for all of us to enjoy, it is not reflective of how much money is actually pocketed by the professional player. Ask any pro, and they'll tell you the truth.
That said, I hope everyone who reads this forum and sees those so-called "big numbers" are aware of the expenses incurred in professional pool.
For every dollar won, you can be sure that at least a third to half of it is eaten up by expenses and/or backers and/or savers. Yes, professional players save with each other, especially friends, to help with expenses. It's kind of like a jelly roll, I guess. They are each still playing their hardest to win.
Though I am glad to see the high money payouts listed for all of us to enjoy, it is not reflective of how much money is actually pocketed by the professional player. Ask any pro, and they'll tell you the truth.