AZHOUSEPRO WHAT HAVE YOU DECIDED SO FAR REGARDING

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
What part of the system actually straightens the stroke. How can finding a shot line by whatever means cure a bad stroke?

It can't, unless the player makes a conscious effort to assess and work on the stroke.

As far as an aiming system being able to assist with that, I believe having a known shot line to align the body and stroke with can help a player develop consistency when it comes to cue delivery. I mean, if you know the shot line, exactly where the cb needs to go, you will eventually figure out how to deliver the cue in order to make the shot. Then after enough repetition, enough trial and error, paying attention to how the stroke and the alignment feels, you'll begin to develop consistency with it.

I like the idea of starting with a known line of aim -- no guesswork. Because that eliminates part of the learning process when it comes to learning how to pocket balls. It's traditionally a 2-part learning process: Estimating the shot line (aiming), and deliverying the cue (stroke). And players typically learn the game by working with both parts at the same time, which is why it takes a while to develop consistency.

If you line up and shoot a ball and miss it, you really don't know if the miss can be attributed to poor aiming skills or poor stroke mechanics. Same thing when you make the shot... did you make it because you aimed correctly AND stroked correctly? Or was your aim off and your stroke was just wonky enough to make up for it? It's really hard to tell, unless you have an instructor watching and pointing out inconsistencies in your stroke or shot alignment. But working with a known aim line elimates one of the possible inconsistent variables and allows you to focus more exclusively on tuning the stroke.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
CTE is a complete playing system, not just an aiming system.
I hear from a reliable source (video #175?) that someone using it in the pool hall cures cancer and indigestion for everybody there (except, of course, Lou, Pat and Brian - f*^# them).

pj
chgo

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Shooting a straight in shot long and short is the very best Shot on the table....It tells all.

A system to cure the stroke...sounds to good to be true.

Now can a system keep one from steering a ball..maybe. But I think that occurs when we go back and forth from cb to ob and on the final stroke when firing the cb we realize we're off and try to compensate for it. And that can probably happen with any system.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear from a reliable source (video #175?) that someone using it in the pool hall cures cancer and indigestion for everybody there (except, of course, Lou, Pat and Brian - f*^# them).

pj
chgo
Is this the extent that your posting has come too. Ridiculous stupid stuff. They are running you out of the funny gif thread because they can't stand your stupid posts so you decide to spread the stupid around. nice

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What part of the system actually straightens the stroke. How can finding a shot line by whatever means cure a bad stroke?
I didn't say it would cure a bad stroke. However with the exact aim points CTE lays out and uses for a center ball hit it certainly can straighten your stroke out. Cte gets the eyes in the correct spot which helps with your alignment. From there it's just delivering the cue from a to b.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
You either cue straight or you don't.

Knowing where to shoot and cue delivery are 2 different processes. Shooting center ball doesn't mean foresure that will happen.

That being said they rely on each other for fast success.

The stroke is the most important fundamental in this game by far....keeps from bad habits hindering ones play.

It's not fun to beat yourself Knowing opportunity was there. It had nothing to do with aiming, just can't seem to get the arm in a straight line.

Not a good feeling to fight through.
Fix the stroke, aiming the ball becomes just another shot that is stored in your head.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And if you can't stroke straight how do you fix it. You work on getting your eyes in the proper spot. You work on getting your body in the proper spot. And you hit balls either straight in or the cue ball to the end rail back to your tip to work on getting the stroke straight. CTE can help accomplish this. CTE is not going to help you draw the CB or give you a good stroke on the CB but it definitely can help you deliver the cue straight.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
And if you can't stroke straight how do you fix it. You work on getting your eyes in the proper spot. You work on getting your b

ody in the proper spot. And you hit balls either straight in or the cue ball to the end rail back to your tip to work on getting the stroke straight. CTE can help accomplish this. CTE is not going to help you draw the CB or give you a good stroke on the CB but it definitely can help you deliver the cue straight.
You make absolutely no sense..lol

So if you put a ghost ball aim trainer behind the ball your shooting, that should straighten the stroke??

The body is in the right position so is your head and eyes...pretty easy to shoot the ghost wouldn't you say.

No system has the cure for the stroke and thats normal. Because is doesn't work like that..lol

I'm not here to argue, you win.
What I find interesting is why all the cte praising? And for how long?

Ten years down the road Stan could come out with some more info and you guys would be eating it up.

If something takes this long figure out, maybe somethings
wrong.

How many dvds?
How many ytube videos?
Book.
How many years of learning do you need?

Get my point. Lol

Btw...you keep at it , just because you've decided to take the long route doesn't mean you won't get there. 👍

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw...you keep at it , just because you've decided to take the long route doesn't mean you won't get there. 👍
Curious, when do you think you will get there? Have you hit half a million balls yet? What's your secret short cut since you think i'm taking the long way?

PS At 61 i've already been most places that i want pool to take me.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Curious, when do you think you will get there? Have you hit half a million balls yet? What's your secret short cut since you think i'm taking the long way?

PS At 61 i've already been most places that i want

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
The secret to good pool is the stroke.
Have I hit a million balls?? That many or more into the rails.

Anyone with good fundamentals can get the job done if they want. Just gotta want it.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
You make absolutely no sense..lol

So if you put a ghost ball aim trainer behind the ball your shooting, that should straighten the stroke??

The body is in the right position so is your head and eyes...pretty easy to shoot the ghost wouldn't you say.

No system has the cure for the stroke and thats normal. Because is doesn't work like that..lol

I'm not here to argue, you win.
What I find interesting is why all the cte praising? And for how long?

Ten years down the road Stan could come out with some more info and you guys would be eating it up.

If something takes this long figure out, maybe somethings
wrong.

How many dvds?
How many ytube videos?
Book.
How many years of learning do you need?

Get my point. Lol

I can't wait for the next service pack.
They all work but somehow every other person does it differently .
It worked 15 years ago before he even learned it and was doing it wrong .
It works now with yet another version .

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I didn't say it would cure a bad stroke. However with the exact aim points CTE lays out and uses for a center ball hit it certainly can straighten your stroke out. Cte gets the eyes in the correct spot which helps with your alignment. From there it's just delivering the cue from a to b.

No it can't.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And if you can't stroke straight how do you fix it. You work on getting your eyes in the proper spot. You work on getting your body in the proper spot. And you hit balls either straight in or the cue ball to the end rail back to your tip to work on getting the stroke straight. CTE can help accomplish this. CTE is not going to help you draw the CB or give you a good stroke on the CB but it definitely can help you deliver the cue straight.

Nope.

Lou Figueroa

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
No it can't.

Lou Figueroa
If it did, we can blame the aiming system in all center ball hit and misses then . Surely, after a decade of using it, your stroke would be dead straight by now .
We can show a video of a person missing and missing with the system . And he swears the system works for him . Can't blame his stroke .
So, which is it causing the misses ?
And it can argued manually pivots while already down causes crooked stroke.

Last edited: