AZ'S own Joe Waldron, PHD (AZ COLUMNIST)

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
There is a new column on AZ's front page by one of our Main Forum members, Joe Waldron. Joe has written a very detailed HOW TO for controlling competitive anxiety. CA affects amateurs like ourselves as well as professionals. Joe gives marvelous insight into what CA is and how to deal with it.

The relaxation techniques are exactly what I have learned from another sport psychologist in the past. The relaxation techniques work but as he says in the column, you have to learn the techniques but will have to practice them. You will get out of this column what you put in.

I just wanted to tell Joe, thanks for taking the time to write such a well-written article and one that is always timely and useful for the pool-player. In this column, I am sure that even the professional pool player will recognize himself on occasion.

Thanks again, Joe.

JoeyA
 
Agreed Joey. Joe's article should prove very helpful to those who are either new to relaxation or those who could use a tune up for their relaxation skills. Relaxation is a SKILL! You'd maybe think it would/should come naturally but relaxation needs to be learned and practiced. Thanks Joe.
 
Thanks for the comments guys. It is nice to know that some find these things of use. Originally they were a set of notes for myself and some friends, then some other people asked me to publish and the rest, as they say, is history.

I have another long article on the use of altered states of consciousness and pool playing that includes visualization and what people call hypnosis that may help some people learn about the "zone" and how to use it at will. We will see if Mike finds it worthy of publishing. :D

Right now I am off to cut wood to heat the house this winter. Wood heats twice, once when you cut it and then when its burned.
 
Last edited:
Very interesting artical Joe...I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one. Johnnyt
 
JoeW said:
Thanks for the comments guys. It is nice to know that some find these things of use. Originally they were a set of notes for myself and some friends, then some other people asked me to publish and the rest, as they say, is history.

I have another long article on the use of altered states of consciousness and pool playing that includes visualization and what people call hypnosis that may help some people learn about the "zone" and how to use it at will. We will see if Mike finds it worthy of publishing. :D

Right now I am off to cut wood to heat the house this winter. Wood heats twice, once when you cut it and then when its burned.

Oh, Joe - I was so excited when I saw you are now an AZB columnist! Congrat's - and your work will be so helpful to so many players.

Melinda
 
Nice job, Joe. You are an excellent poster, so it's no surprise that you're capable of this contribution to AZB.
 
Fascinating stuff, Joe! It's given me a lot to think about, I'll be looking out for the next segment.
 
Was that your first article, Joe? When I saw it I just assumed you were a regular columnist. Nice job and congrats. I found it really interesting.

pj
chgo
 
Back
Top