Bad experience with Barrosm (Manny)!!

Johnfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just want to warn everyone about this guy. I never have anything bad to say about anyone here on AZ. Everyone that I have purchased from here on AZ are just good people. I made a lot of friends buying here on the forum over the last two years. But this guy Manny, and this deal, really have me worked up. I am really pissed on the money and time I spent getting everything ready.....and no cue.

I purchased a cue from Barrosm name Manny for $1675. Since I did not get amazing feedback on this guy on AZ, I ask Manny to ship the cue to Marcus acting as middle man to verify the cue and condition. Called him and wrote him many times to see when he was going to ship the cue. I even told him I will pay for the shipping to Marcus and then to me.....so the money order was purchased for $1695 for his time. After 4 days, he finally told me that he talked to Marcus and was going to over night the cue to him. From that PM, I went to the post office and purchased the priority mail postage and Marcus's money acting as escrow. The priority postage was to make things easy for Marcus to mail the payment to Manny.

After another 2 PM to get his full name, address, and tracking.......I got nothing. After 2 phone calls to him today......he hung up on me once I told him my name. Wow, he hung up on me :cool:

Selling a cue should not be this much B.S. Shame on you Manny for wasting my time and gas and money. I am happy that I did not send the entire payment to Manny after he asked for it. I am sure that would have been a bigger disaster.

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
296   0   0
Im sorry to hear about this,I believe this is the 3rd or 4th transaction with a problem attached to Manny's (Barrosm) name,sorry but I personally wont do business with this guy.What a damn shame it is that people do this on here,we need to make a blacklist or something,make sure to post this up in the buyer/seller feedback at the top of the wanted/for sale section. :cool:

mycustomcues

know the game!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
hmmmm

one bad transaction of BarrosM leads to another!!

I feel you man!! Your lucky you did'nt loose big $$$$!

As always stick with the good guys on AZ.

There is a lot of guys here on AZ that would give you better deal and transaction so keep your heads up. Just be careful next time!!

I just hope that BarrosM is not a member of the MEN IN BLACK here on AZ! Otherwise your story will be flipped and you'll end up to be the bad guy.

M

mycustomcues

know the game!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
What a damn shame it is that people do this on here,we need to make a blacklist or something,make sure to post this up in the buyer/seller feedback at the top of the wanted/for sale section.

You are absolutely right Fast Lenny!!

I hope we dont loose another good AZ member because of this!

M

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
yeah i keep reading threads about this guy. for a while he had nothing but red reps too but i guess there was a thread started that turned that around.

he had an ae cue for sale for a while that i wanted but after reading the reviews i decided not to even bother pm'ing him about it. since this is like thread 3-4 maybe now people'll get the idea

on another note i think cueaddicts offers escro i've heard of a couple other dealers that do as well for a small fee.

mycustomcues

know the game!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
With your reasoning

I dont think he can come with a good excuse this time.

**You we're willing to spend your money for everything/not to mention the time and effort you spent to get a good transaction!

MAN, I hate this kind of story!! We have to do something about this kind of transaction!!

M

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I have a feeling you're right...This situation could have been a lot worse for you, had you not used Marcus as an escrow service. Kudos to you for covering your assets:D in this deal!!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
296   0   0
poolplayer2093 said:
yeah i keep reading threads about this guy. for a while he had nothing but red reps too but i guess there was a thread started that turned that around.

he had an ae cue for sale for a while that i wanted but after reading the reviews i decided not to even bother pm'ing him about it. since this is like thread 3-4 maybe now people'll get the idea

on another note i think cueaddicts offers escro i've heard of a couple other dealers that do as well for a small fee.
He did have negative reps but he made right his wrong supposedly and had a good transaction or so and we green repped him thinking he was ok,but this is the 3rd or 4th.If it was one transaction you might overlook it depending on the situation but this is just too many so it cant be the other guys fault all these times.I guess its time to put him in the red. :mad:

mycustomcues

know the game!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Dang

And I really wanted his AE. I guess better luck on the next AZERS.

I surely will not deal with this kind of people!

***Although, dont you think that ONE bad rep is enough proof to anyone that will flag as a warning not to do any transaction?

M

Guerra Cues

I build one cue at a time
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
374   0   0
I guess we have another ChrisC in perspective. If he keeps screwing people up like this, his days on AZ are almost over for sure. Hopefully somebody will report this to Mike or Dale.

Last edited:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 98.6%
69   1   0
Fast Lenny said:
He did have negative reps but he made right his wrong supposedly and had a good transaction or so and we green repped him thinking he was ok,but this is the 3rd or 4th.If it was one transaction you might overlook it depending on the situation but this is just too many so it cant be the other guys fault all these times.I guess its time to put him in the red. :mad:

i saw that thread and i thought people were really giving him too many green reps for making a deal right. should have made it just enough to keep him from being red. for sure though make a note of it in the buyer seller stickey and on his trader rating

mycustomcues

know the game!!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
And so we LEARN

the hard way. How about going back and send him some nice greetings of

RED..RED...RED...RED...and some more REDDDDDDDDDD!!

:mad:

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
mycustomcues said:
And I really wanted his AE. I guess better luck on the next AZERS.

I surely will not deal with this kind of people!

***Although, dont you think that ONE bad rep is enough proof to anyone that will flag as a warning not to do any transaction?

M

Not really. One bad rep could have come from some ass clown that would complain if you hung him with a new rope. Sometimes you gotta give the benefit of the doubt to the seller. Not saying the guy in this thread should be spared, just saying that 1 or 2 bad rep comments shouldn't ruin a person.....unless that's all they have of course.
MULLY

Johnfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I feel sorry for Marcus too for getting trapped in the middle of this B.S.

Marcus, thank you for being so cool to be the middle man and sorry for wasting your time.

John

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I just read that thread where someone else got it from this guy. Seems as if you're not the only person he hung up on. Sounds like a douchebag to me. I wouldn't deal with him.
MULLY

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Rep Points

mullyman said:
Not really. One bad rep could have come from some ass clown that would complain if you hung him with a new rope. Sometimes you gotta give the benefit of the doubt to the seller. Not saying the guy in this thread should be spared, just saying that 1 or 2 bad rep comments shouldn't ruin a person.....unless that's all they have of course.
MULLY

Please do not rely on Rep points for anything!

I have never done anything other than praise good things here, and only give good rep when it's warranted. One time, someone actually deserved red rep and all they had to do was complain about getting red rep openly and their greenies when through the roof.

This free-wheeling passing green rep out only allows crooks like this to go un-detected.

If you want to find out how someone really is, search "all post" by that person. It won't take you long to figure out what type they are.

Ray

mullyman

Hung Like a Gnat!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Bigtruck said:
Please do not rely on Rep points for anything!

I have never done anything other than praise good things here, and only give good rep when it's warranted. One time, someone actually deserved red rep and all they had to do was complain about getting red rep openly and their greenies when through the roof.

This free-wheeling passing green rep out only allows crooks like this to go un-detected.

If you want to find out how someone really is, search "all post" by that person. It won't take you long to figure out what type they are.

Ray

My bad, I was talking about the itrader comments. I wasn't clear enough on that in my post.
MULLY