Interesting point!

A pool where are they now???

Sigel
Hall
Archer
Hatch
Hopkins
Strickland

To my knowledge, no one made it big and are living the life!

Svb seems to be fairly well off!

Everyone else is below the poverty level! Sad but true!

I can't explain why svb has been able to carve out a life in pool the way he has.

I just don't see other people carving out a living, when the game has become global and you will have to beat the entire world to earn 100,000 a year.

Kd

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Hatch has a girlfriend with quite a bit of money. He's got a used car lot. He's very happy and successful.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
were they Filipinos ? Yes. Then of course it’s not racist. No more then if they said I’m going to get this American to gamble. I ignore the snowflake everything racist crowd and do what I want. Life is better That way.
Visa issues took out Orcullo and James Aranas. US isn't letting gamblers stay here making money and not paying taxes.

Flakeandrun

Go watch the Rob Saez video....he's an embarrassment.

Yet another example of wasted talent in American pool.
Can't find it anywhere... probably for the best.
Any derogatory hate speech deserves more than a simple ban. Especially if you're a sportsman that has potential to represent a country...

To the OP: You started a rumor-spreading gossip thread, then have the nerve to talk about those in the pool world eating their own? You also complain about people in the pool community sweeping things under the rug. I think you need to think about the difference between sweeping something under the rug and simply minding your own business. Unless you were directly involved AND affected, or unless you are offering specific help directly to one or more of those involved, it is really none of your business.
As a member of the pool community at large, and someone who loves the game, and someone who wants to see the game grow, it’s MY business and anyone else’s business who doesn’t want the sport to look like complete garbage. You simply saying it’s none of my business or anyone else’s business is a direct example of sweeping it under the rug. That’s not good for pool, and certainly not good for an individual who possibly needs help with alcoholism. If YOU dgaf, don’t be concerned whether or not I do. Because if I do GAF, and I do, that’s none of your business. Continue to look away and play dumb.

My money is on he is a banned poster.

So a person comes in to the forum in 2023 for a few months and has all this pool knowledge, but wasn't ever a member of the most popular website for pool on Earth?
Never banned, just never cared much for forums, and this is why. People can’t act like adults and have a regular conversation or disagreement without it escalating into school yard garbage. People can’t just say “I disagree” and state why they disagree, they have to have ad hominem attacks. The intelligence level drops sharply, based on the number of contributors to a thread. Again, they I never cared much for forums.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Never banned, just never cared much for forums, and this is why. People can’t act like adults and have a regular conversation or disagreement without it escalating into school yard garbage. People can’t just say “I disagree” and state why they disagree, they have to have ad hominem attacks. The intelligence level drops sharply, based on the number of contributors to a thread. Again, they I never cared much for forums.
Screenshot_20230314-090452.jpg

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You sling more crap here than anyone. Maybe calm down a bit.

markvl

I’ve actually had many people tell me that pool is “easy” and “a bar game”. I think that’s part of the problem too. Non players don’t understand the skill level it takes to run racks, shoot defense, etc. Take golf, for example. It’s player outdoors, against the elements, on courses that bend and twist, with sand traps. It looks difficult. And it is. But it’s a game that looks like it takes a great level of skill. Pool doesn’t. Flat table. Piece of wood, fancy or not, with a piece of leather on the end. Whack a white ball into a colored or striped ball, and into one of six pockets on a small table. Where’s the challenge in that? No elements, no twists and turns, no sand traps, nothing. The average person doesn’t understand the physics and geometry that makes up the beauty of the game. That’s what we as a pool community have failed to do - make the common man understand that pool is an art and a science, and that’s why we love it, and if you understand it, it’s a beautiful thing to behold a great player make it look super easy. That’s the failure on our part, as promoters.
There is also the commentators who say well "I would have done it this way" or say "this player will do this shot" and the player shoots something else. I hate it when they do that in other sports too. Some do a great job, and you learn things just listening to them others not so much.