BB Update from Lee

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Just to put more fuel on the fire. This is a FB comment under Johnny's OP (and Johnny didn't post that without reason, he's not that guy):

Lee Brett @Dan, Gerald & Shawn, shows what class you have and what little you know... I worked and am owed thousands of $$$ off them, yet now you all gang up on me, for what? Johnny for you info and everyone else's there was a 5 day notice posted on the door to the building, i live in Vegas and visit the arena often...

We can only speculate what's going on. Lee's pissed, granted. But, let's not get carried away. Maybe they were a bit late on paying rent. I have a small bead on the pulse here. The pulse tells ME, there's something big in the making for BB. We may all be in for a big surprise. I suggest we pull out the big boy glasses my friends.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to put more fuel on the fire. This is a FB comment under Johnny's OP (and Johnny didn't post that without reason, he's not that guy):

Lee Brett @Dan, Gerald & Shawn, shows what class you have and what little you know... I worked and am owed thousands of $$$ off them, yet now you all gang up on me, for what? Johnny for you info and everyone else's there was a 5 day notice posted on the door to the building, i live in Vegas and visit the arena often...

We can only speculate what's going on. Lee's pissed, granted. But, let's not get carried away. Maybe they were a bit late on paying rent. I have a small bead on the pulse here. The pulse tells ME, there's something big in the making for BB. We may all be in for a big surprise. I suggest we pull out the big boy glasses my friends.

Well most speculated quite well the first go around and if the only thing there doing is throwing more money at it . The end result will be the same , personally I think that's exactly where it will go

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Rumor has it that all of the major pool associations outside of bonus ball came together and created one single entity. This new corporation posted a notice on the bonus ball arena that they have 5 days to destroy those ridiculous jerseys the players wear due to the fact that they are an embarrasment to the pool world as a whole. Press release to be published shortly.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
i like lee but he is shitting where he could be eating for the next 10-20 years, not smart.

When he don't get paid and don't have a pot to pi$$ in as a result, workers MUST $hit where they eat! What is the boss thinking? Zero back lash from all this drama! it is like the boss is living in candyland with chutes and ladders!

KD

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lee Brett @Dan, Gerald & Shawn, shows what class you have and what little you know... I worked and am owed thousands of $$$ off them, yet now you all gang up on me, for what? Johnny for you info and everyone else's there was a 5 day notice posted on the door to the building, i live in Vegas and visit the arena often....

It shows what class they have? Lol. The guy gets kicked out of everywhere he goes, uses people, lies, has a severe drinking problem (gets him in the most trouble) and yet he's trying to say someone else has no class.

I guarantee every single person associated with Bonus Ball is owed more than Lee and by the lack of complaining they're also more responsible with their funds.

Bottom line is that Lee serves Lee. He doesn't give a shit about anyone else, he'll use everyone he can and burn every bridge when he's questioned on his actions.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Rumor has it that all of the major pool associations outside of bonus ball came together and created one single entity. This new corporation posted a notice on the bonus ball arena that they have 5 days to destroy those ridiculous jerseys the players wear due to the fact that they are an embarrasment to the pool world as a whole. Press release to be published shortly.

That's a serious LOL. Pour another Mahna. (And WTF is a Mahna? Is it related to a Mahi? I ain't got time to google it) ;)

I'm off to the pool hall, Joe Tucker and Griffin are trying to recruit my short strokin ass for the ABPBPLABPL league to play some distorted version of 15 ball rotation for 500 hundred mil that is apparently going to knock BB's d1ck in the dirt. We can only hope.... Report will be on your desk in the morning (or whenever I wake up).

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When he don't get paid and don't have a pot to pi$$ in as a result, workers MUST $hit where they eat! What is the boss thinking? Zero back lash from all this drama! it is like the boss is living in candyland with chutes and ladders!

KD

i agree they messed up real bad not making payroll. thats inexcusable so I get his point, and understand his actions.

But "when you dont know the whole story dont open your mouth"-thats the old axiom from any good business or political deal.

I hope he calms down cause things could get real good real soon, nothing is certain but its close. running around talking about eviction notices is just not smart, and in Vegas(i own buildings there even now) I can have any tenant out in 7 biz days that hasn't paid their rent without making a public matter of it. So how does he know? I'm not sure, perhaps he saw a "Pay rent or quit" notice on the door-means nothing, all they have to do is pay and they will, they have too much lease hold improvement $$$ invested to leave or to let it slide over approx $10K-20 even 50K in back rents. As poorly as they have handled things they aint going to lose a 500K to Million dollar arena for past due rent-even if they are 6 months behind on their rent, the space they are in is so hard to release the landlord will play ball with them, i know this for A FACT as I have personally done so the past 5 years in that shit box disease of a town. So for him to go on FB and run his mouth is not wise. I like Lee, I hope he gets it, and calms down for a month. after that there will be clarity for everyone.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i agree they messed up real bad not making payroll. thats inexcusable so I get his point, and understand his actions.

But "when you dont know the whole story dont open your mouth"-thats the old axiom from any good business or political deal.

I hope he calms down cause things could get real good real soon, nothing is certain but its close. running around talking about eviction notices is just not smart, and in Vegas(i own buildings there even now) I can have any tenant out in 7 biz days that hasn't paid their rent without making a public matter of it. So how does he know? I'm not sure, perhaps he saw a "Pay rent or quit" notice on the door-means nothing, all they have to do is pay and they will, they have too much lease hold improvements to let it slide over approx $10K. As poorly as they have handled things they aint going to lose a %00K to Million dollar arena for past due rent-even if they are 6 months behind on their rent, the space they are in is so hard to release the landlord will play ball with them, i know this for A FACT as I have personally done so the past 5 years in that shit box disease of a town. So for him to go on FB and run his mouth is not wise. I like Lee, I hope he gets it, and calms down for a month. after that there will be clarity for everyone.

So even on the sunny side of the street, August 1st isnt happening? Not that i ever thought it would.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
i like lee but he is shitting where he could be eating for the next 10-20 years, not smart.

Eric -

This is one of the few times I disagree w/ any of your posts.

What you have here is a company who didn't pay their employee and now the employee is having a meltdown.

I believe I know of the investor(s) you're referring to and if it's the same, you're right -- as big a pile of money as it comes. That said, I can't image for the life of me why they would want anything to do w/ BB. Even so, they would look at Lee with sympathy -- not with angst. It's clear Lee is saying what he is because he's owed a considerable amount of money and he's prob struggling a great deal.

It's not right to say that Lee is shitting where he's eating because he's going rebel due to not getting paid. If those investors are actually considering investing into BB (just as a coin flip), they would probably clear his back-pay if their interest was legit.

If I had a pile of money and wanted to blow it defining an industry, I'd never purchase BB.

The equipment is already worth pennies on the dollar. The studio could be recreated easily. There's nothing BB has that can't be replicated quickly.

For the cost of back-pay (and a little jelly to make a guy smile), the salvage value of the equipment and some design work with graphics/design team -- that's the true value of Bonus Ball unless there is unrealized revenue from a contract sale to a TV channel / production house...where BB couldn't survive long enough to collect.

Let's assume there's no revenue to "bridge" to---

If the investors were smart, they'd use BB as a case study of what "not to do" and make a go of it from scratch with their own brand, using 8-ball, basically do an IPT-like-redo but with fiscal responsibility. BB has no intellectual property whatsoever. What IP they do have, their own community (us) isn't sold on it.

If I was "that investor," I'd buy the equipment at salvage rates (or similar equipment), create a PGA TOUR-like logo (like what the IPT did), fund a 52-week tour in escrow, and make it happen from scratch.

I just went on a tangent- sorry. Back to Lee... No investor in the world, in the solar system, would gig Lee for doing/saying what he's been since he's crying foul on not getting paid as promised. As potential (better than 50/50) investor, they would look at that and immediately clear the back-pay if they really felt a strong return would be made with the BB brand.

English! was right - nobody would buy a company with visions of blue in their eyes UNLESS the company was sitting on IP that was so strong, it could dominate a market -- with the pile of debt being amassed to develop the IP to that point.

BB is just an idea - not IP - with NOTHING being protected except for their logo and the name "Bonus Ball." Since there's zero brand recognition outside of pool players on the internet (most players in my room have NO clue what it is), that defines the value of that IP. The barrier to entry with a tour is only the funding of the events itself. It's just money - no top-secret technology, no secret ingredient, no trade secret.

In conclusion, it's not right to tell players (employees) to pipe-up and not shit where they eat while they're not getting paid and sleeping in their car. The opposite is true-- it's disgusting to hang the employees out without pay in the way that they did while they negotiate a sale/investment. As the CEO, step #1 for BB should have been to get the back-pay covered in the first conference call. If the leaders of BB had any business sense, the Lee/BB meltdown never would have occurred. If they did have sense but can't git-r-going, then the fallout is all their responsibility, not their employee's.

Dave

Last edited:

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
can someone say "Hostile takeover" or "fire sale" just not sure WHO would be interested?

The magic 8 ball says " The future is unclear"
Crystal ball says " All roads lead to no where"
The bones say " Roll Again"

Had to throw a little voodoo and witch craft in with the bones! LOL

Kd

APA BRIAN

APA BRIAN
Silver Member
Maybe were putting a little too much stock in something a referee says anyway. I don't listen to end of world predictions from someone who folds clothes for a living. Come on guys, don't you have a bad cue transaction to post about?

dorabelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really hope no one from AZ is adding new money to this. It doesnt generate revenue. I dont want to see good people lose their money.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Eric -

What you have here is a company who didn't pay their employee and now the employee is having a meltdown.

I believe I know of the investor(s) you're referring to and if it's the same, you're right -- as big a pile of money as it comes. That said, I can't image for the life of me why they would want anything to do w/ BB. Even so, they would look at Lee with sympathy -- not with angst. It's clear Lee is saying what he is because he's owed a considerable amount of money and he's prob struggling a great deal.

It's not right to say that Lee is shitting where he's eating because he's going rebel due to not getting paid. If those investors are actually considering investing into BB (just as a coin flip), they would probably clear his back-pay if their interest was legit.

If I had a pile of money and wanted to blow it defining an industry, I'd never purchase BB.

The equipment is already worth pennies on the dollar. The studio could be recreated easily. There's nothing BB has that can't be replicated quickly.

For the cost of back-pay (and a little jelly to make a guy smile), the salvage value of the equipment and some design work with graphics/design team -- that's the true value of Bonus Ball unless there is unrealized revenue from a contract sale to a TV channel / production house...where BB couldn't survive long enough to collect.

If the investors were smart, they'd use BB as a case study of what "not to do" and make a go of it from scratch with their own brand, using 8-ball, basically do an IPT-like-redo but with fiscal responsibility. BB has no intellectual property whatsoever. What IP they do have, their own community (us) isn't sold on it.

If I was "that investor," I'd buy the equipment at salvage rates (or similar equipment), create a PGA TOUR-like logo (like what the IPT did), fund a 52-week tour in escrow, and make it happen from scratch.

I just went on a tangent- sorry. Back to Lee... No investor in the world, in the solar system, would gig Lee for doing/saying what he's been since he's crying foul on not getting paid as promised. As potential (better than 50/50) investor, they would look at that and immediately clear the back-pay if they really felt a strong return would be made with the BB brand.

English! was right - nobody would buy a company with visions of blue in their eyes UNLESS the company was sitting on IP that was so strong, it could dominate a market -- with the pile of debt being amassed to develop the IP to that point.

BB is just an idea - not IP - with NOTHING being protected except for their logo and the name "Bonus Ball." Since there's zero brand recognition outside of pool players on the internet (most players in my room have NO clue what it is), that defines the value of that IP. The barrier to entry with a tour is only the funding of the events itself. It's just money - no top-secret technology, no secret ingredient, no trade secret.

In conclusion, it's not right to tell players (employees) to pipe-up and not shit where they eat while they're not getting paid and sleeping in their car. The opposite is true-- it's disgusting to hang the employees out without pay in the way that they did while they negotiate a sale/investment. As the CEO, step #1 for BB should have been to get the back-pay covered in the first conference call. If the leaders of BB had any business sense, the Lee/BB meltdown never would have occurred. If they did have sense but can't git-r-going, then the fallout is all their responsibility, not their employee's.

Dave

I said much the same thing in a lot less words. Or at least I thought that I did.

Good post Dave.

I hope we are both wrong & it starts up ASAP or it is a Phoenix from a different Mother.

Regards & Best Wishes,
Rick

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member

I hope he calms down cause things could get real good real soon, nothing is certain but its close. running around talking about eviction notices is just not smart, and in Vegas(i own buildings there even now) I can have any tenant out in 7 biz days that hasn't paid their rent without making a public matter of it. So how does he know? I'm not sure, perhaps he saw a "Pay rent or quit" notice on the door-means nothing, all they have to do is pay and they will, they have too much lease hold improvement $$$ invested to leave or to let it slide over approx $10K-20 even 50K in back rents. As poorly as they have handled things they aint going to lose a 500K to Million dollar arena for past due rent-even if they are 6 months behind on their rent, the space they are in is so hard to release the landlord will play ball with them, i know this for A FACT as I have personally done so the past 5 years in that shit box disease of a town. So for him to go on FB and run his mouth is not wise. I like Lee, I hope he gets it, and calms down for a month. after that there will be clarity for everyone.

Many AZBers IMO are too busy talking and simply not listening.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe were putting a little too much stock in something a referee says anyway. I don't listen to end of world predictions from someone who folds clothes for a living. Come on guys, don't you have a bad cue transaction to post about?

It really doesn't matter what stock "Az Billiards Forum Members" put in. It only matters what the labor board will think about one or possibly more employees not getting paid.

The employees will at least get a judgement. It doesn't even matter if they tried to list them as contractors. The labor board will rule for the employees.

You can walk into any company out there and a certain number of employees will stay on without pay if they believe the company will pull out of it and they can afford to. Obviously the players than can afford to stay on board are staying, and why shouldn't they? They have a chance at getting paid to do something they love.

Lee is in no way in the wrong here. He has the money coming and has been given empty promises. Normally when this happen here, everyone rally's for the person getting stiffed. Now it seems like there is rallying simply for drama.

The real drama is yet to come. Believe it.

Ray

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Eric -

Dave

Worse yet is IP with scar tissue. They would have to overcome the negative stigma around BB. It's easier to say we are not BB when your not BB. Unless your stressed for time BB has zero intrinsic value.

Nick

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member

I hope you're a taxidermist, otherwise I can't listen to what you have to offer, because your job means more to me than your opinion. :rolleyes:

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
That's a serious LOL. Pour another Mahna. (And WTF is a Mahna? Is it related to a Mahi? I ain't got time to google it) ;)

Ask and ye shall receive!

Attachments

• 1069422_438360796261995_1682983673_n.jpg
    1069422_438360796261995_1682983673_n.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 197