Best Aiming System Ever.

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
In my opinion this is the best aiming system I have ever seen. This system works the best for me by far. What makes this system unique is if you are blind in one eye it still works really well. Towards the end of the video they review aiming with one eye.

P.I.I.T.H. Aiming system

champ2107

Banned
In my opinion this is the best aiming system I have ever seen. This system works the best for me by far. What makes this system unique is if you are blind in one eye it still works really well. Towards the end of the video they review aiming with one eye.

P.I.I.T.H. Aiming system

i herd one of those guys say they were all going over to family get together after shooting pool and another guy asked if they were going to bring condoms this time? lol :thumbup:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i reserected this thread because the video is funny
happy 4th of july everyone
🌭🌭🌭
🇺🇲🇺🇲🇺🇲

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
All aiming methods "work" for their users - that's why they use them. Yet none (yes, including CTE) is entirely "objective".

pj <- go figure
chgo

Exactly. If there's a learning curve (experience or time needed to make it start working), then that means the process undoubtedly contains subjective elements.

Developing solid aiming skills is similar to learning how to juggle. The exact steps can be defined objectively, but performing the steps correctly and accurately enough to make it all work is a matter of subjective feel (visual experience and muscle memory).

Hell, telling someone how to throw a baseball is objective. But developing the skill needed to accurately throw the ball at a precise target requires subjectivity.

Aiming pool shots is similar, because there are objective and subjective elements involved. Bottom line is... no matter what aiming method you use, the more you do it the more you learn all the little subjective parts needed to make it all work, and that's when it begins to seem "objective".

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Exactly. If there's a learning curve (experience or time needed to make it start working), then that means the process undoubtedly contains subjective elements.

Developing solid aiming skills is similar to learning how to juggle. The exact steps can be defined objectively, but performing the steps correctly and accurately enough to make it all work is a matter of subjective feel (visual experience and muscle memory).

Hell, telling someone how to throw a baseball is objective. But developing the skill needed to accurately throw the ball at a precise target requires subjectivity.

Aiming pool shots is similar, because there are objective and subjective elements involved. Bottom line is... no matter what aiming method you use, the more you do it the more you learn all the little subjective parts needed to make it all work, and that's when it begins to seem "objective".
I'd like to see the half tip pivot measured for everyone 😁

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If he does he is making the same mistakes you always have. Fractional aiming has nothing to do with it.
lol

I've watched CTE "evolve" since Hal Houle first claimed his "3-angle" system (the parent of CTE) worked without any "adjustments" (back in the 90s).

Oh wait, I forgot... it's magic. My bad.

pj
chgo

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
lol

I've watched CTE "evolve" since Hal Houle first claimed his "3-angle" system (the parent of CTE) worked without any "adjustments".

pj
chgo
The Houligans insisted there were only 3 shots in pool. Hey, Efren said it too.
Then Dr Dave, the knocker, illustrated the shortcomings. Then the service pack came.
ABC points. Which are 3 points in half of the ball?

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The Houligans insisted there were only 3 shots in pool. Hey, Efren said it too.
Then Dr Dave, the knocker, illustrated the shortcomings. Then the service pack came.
ABC points. Which are 3 points in half of the ball?
Here's what Hal said about that 25+ years ago:

"The 2 places on the cue ball are the left edge of the cue ball when you
are cutting the object ball to the left; and the right edge of the cue
ball when you are cutting the object ball to the right. The 3 spots on
the object ball are the quarters, and the center. The quarters and
center of the object ball face straight at the edges of your cue ball,
not facing toward the pocket.

Regards, POOL HAL"

This is what CTE came from. Fractional aiming is in its genes.

pj
chgo

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol

I've watched CTE "evolve" since Hal Houle first claimed his "3-angle" system (the parent of CTE) worked without any "adjustments" (back in the 90s).

pj
chgo
No comment there, I've seen several variations of CTE, none of then presented by Hal Houle.

I do like magic though,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
No comment there, I've seen several variations of CTE, none of then presented by Hal Houle.
CTE is Stan's version of what he picked up from Hal. Hal was the originator of the (wrong) idea that 3 fractional alignments could make any shot.

Nothing against Hal or Stan, by the way - just some of their ideas.

I do like magic though,,,,,,,,,,,,,
With ya there - and I could use some. Too bad there's none in pool.

pj
chgo

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
CTE is Stan's version of what he picked up from Hal. Hal was the originator of the (wrong) idea that 3 fractional alignments could make any shot.

Nothing against Hal or Stan, by the way - just some of their ideas.

With ya there - and I could use some. Too bad there's none in pool.

pj
chgo
pool is like love "sometimes the magic works and sometimes it don't"