Best Company/Cue Maker for Refinish and Reipair

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a medium to high end cue that is in need of repair and refinish. I don't have a lot of experience in this area. Any suggestions as to who is known to be good or very good at this sort of work for a cue that has a value of $1500 - $2000? And roughly what the price would be for the work needed. Cue needs:

1. Refinish of Butt only.
2. Butt Cap loose. Needs to be removed and re-installed.
3. Thin Metal Ring above Butt cap has some discoloration/rust. Needs to be cleaned and re-installed.
4. Joint looks to be repaired (by previous owner or novice) with some green epoxy that has bled out on both the top of butt and bottom of stainless steel joint and is noticeable. Might need a new Joint or at least a removal..clean and re-install.
5. New Wrap.

Thanks.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here are the most popular two choices from threads over the years.
I know there are plenty more out there, but I would go to one of these
two for repair and refinish work. I have a cue with Scott right now.:thumbup:

http://www.proficientbilliards.com/services/price_list.htm

http://www.muellers.com/PoolCueRepair.dlp

Agreed on both of your suggestions.

IF I need a shaft made too, I send to Rick Howard for a refinish and new shaft. I like Rick's shaftwood and taper.

Ken

Last edited:

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
You are talking about some pretty major work being done.

I am certain that both Scott and Ryan will do a great job on your cue,
but with a higher end cue I would always suggest going to the maker of the cue whenever possible.

gr. Dave

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
So many.

My preference and because I have personal experience and have seen the end result, would be Ryan, Rat Cues at Meullars.

Quality at a very reasonable price. You would think that they just sent you a new cue off the rack.

I love the smell of new finish in the morning.

Scott Sherbine at Proficient Billiards all day. The man repairs and refinished more cues than anyone. Very reasonable and most work done in 10 days.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a medium to high end cue that is in need of repair and refinish. I don't have a lot of experience in this area. Any suggestions as to who is known to be good or very good at this sort of work for a cue that has a value of $1500 - $2000? And roughly what the price would be for the work needed. Cue needs:

1. Refinish of Butt only.
2. Butt Cap loose. Needs to be removed and re-installed.
3. Thin Metal Ring above Butt cap has some discoloration/rust. Needs to be cleaned and re-installed.
4. Joint looks to be repaired (by previous owner or novice) with some green epoxy that has bled out on both the top of butt and bottom of stainless steel joint and is noticeable. Might need a new Joint or at least a removal..clean and re-install.
5. New Wrap.

Thanks.

Is it a Palmer by chance?

bflgvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Sherbine at Proficient Billiards all day. The man repairs and refinished more cues than anyone. Very reasonable and most work done in 10 days.

I'll go along with the above. I have a fancy TAD and Scott did the refinish on it. It came out excellent and I couldn't have been happier. I would have had Fred to it but the turnaround time was just way to long. 10 days and it was back in my hands and looking good.

Palmerfan

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member

BigNBeefY

Just Stopping By
Silver Member
all the work i have had done by steve klapp has been top notch and very reasonably priced. Ive had a couple of shafts made as well as several refinish with leather wrap installs done and I have never been let down. Good luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2