Best cue under $1000

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick Roper makes bumpers and extensions for most all cues. I have them on 3 of my 4 Schons. The extensions are really nice quality and can be made in any length desired. He has changed his bumper design somewhat from what I have to more resemble a stock bumper
457.jpg

Shahbaz147

Nice Joss cue with a Predator Revo shaft.....done and done!

I have two sets....and one just so happens to be a Jos16. It's a phenomenal player.

Hard to find a better playing combo, for well under your budget.
Good to know. I think I’ll go with Jos16 and save some cash

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have a couple new Schons that we can offer in the ball park. They were built when Evan was there in 2015. PM for details.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Going pro
Gold Member
What Joss model did you get? I’ve been eyeing Jos16 for a while.
Sorry short story.

Purple Heart sneaky. 18oz. Great stick. Actually was purchased to break with and in turn it had a 13mm tip. Im used to a smaller tip on a player and use mostly Viking cues. But it hit really well. Im also a bit odd and like an elk master as a break tip. Ended up that it hit so good(in my opinion) it was the only stick I took with me to Vegas on an APA trip. I ended up bending the pin and ruining it, but wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one.

jameson71

Sorry short story.

Purple Heart sneaky. 18oz. Great stick. Actually was purchased to break with and in turn it had a 13mm tip. Im used to a smaller tip on a player and use mostly Viking cues. But it hit really well. Im also a bit odd and like an elk master as a break tip. Ended up that it hit so good(in my opinion) it was the only stick I took with me to Vegas on an APA trip. I ended up bending the pin and ruining it, but wouldn’t hesitate to buy another one.
How did you bend the pin?

Baron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're looking at production cues, there are tons of options.

In terms of customs in that range:

Diveney sneaky pete. You could also get one of Pat's Trans-K shafts rather than the Hsunami 2.0, but either will serve you well.

You could also get a low-end Barnhart for under 1k. I think he does some kielwood as well, but you could always match a Hsunami to it.

I've never played with a PK custom by Cody Cash, but I hear great things from people here.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could recommend something that you really liked.
Honestly, I have owned many, many cues that cost less than 1,000 that played very well for me. Do you want something new or something old that is no longer in production- like a 1960s thru 1980 Palmer- they all play well, most Hueblers played well, pre 2000 McDermotts, etc. etc.-- if you want something newer under $1,000 - Points or no points will make a big difference in available cue makers in that price range- inlays will make a big difference as well in terms of available current cue makers under $1,000.

If I were just looking for a new player cue under $1,000- probably no points, and few inlays- like a Merry Widow cue- I would probably go to Bob Dzuricky-- DZ cues. also maybe Sawdust cues Jack Tan- out of Singapore- honest, reliable, excellent cues for the money and you could get a 4 pointed new cue from Jack for under $1,000 with nice inlays and an extension, and two , possibly 3 shafts including CF!!

Fore Rail

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve got some cash and I want to buy a cue that will last me for a long time, preferably forever. I’m 38 years old and own a predator cue. I prefer American made and later I plan on ordering Hsunami2 shaft to go with that cue. I like traditional looking cues,
There are several butt only listings available on ebay to choose from.

I believe, but not totally sure that Seyberts may do the same. Would have to give them a call to be 100% certain.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many used customs can be had for $1,000. I would very likely get a one off rather than a more production cue. That market is dozens of good names in the designs and makers. Any of the "good" names are good enough to keep forever, the trick is making a decision, but that is no different than picking put a meal from a menu. At some point after staring at the thing for 10 minutes you need to just pick something even if 20 things sound good.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Used Plain Jane Cognoscentis were once available in your price range. If they still are, throw the net. Can't go wrong with either Schon or Joss.

Last edited:

lakeman77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuetec Avid. If you are looking for the ability to pocket balls, they are excellent. Easy to play, forgiving, not squirrelly, they all play well. Good Luck.

Last edited:

SSP

I’ve got some cash and I want to buy a cue that will last me for a long time, preferably forever. I’m 38 years old and own a predator cue. I prefer American made and later I plan on ordering Hsunami2 shaft to go with that cue. I like traditional looking cues,
take a look at Becue cues, made in Italy, best hitting cue I have ever owned, all CF, last forever.

Mr. Joshua

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I agree with an earlier response in the thread that fancy sneakies may be the way to go. At under $1K you probably need to focus on the hit anyway and you can still get a nice looking cue. I would look for ones from great custom cue makers. If you pay a fair price you should be able to get your money back if you decide to try something else and move on.