My collection consists of:
Richard Black
Tascarella
Ginacue
Hercek
Palmer
Schon
Block Letter Joss

Out of all those cues, my favorite hitting is the Richard Black. Favorite sounding too. A little ping, but not a lot.
I keep going back to my R Black as well- although all of the cues on my ownership list below are great cues in my opinion.

dirtvictim

Ignore the entitled they haven't earned respect
For me it's my AE artistic engineering 6 point bacote into ebony. Always subjective to the player so there are a million different answers.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
I played with my (first) Lambros for years, it hits great IMO. Then spent a few years with my Mark Bear, it too is a great hitting cue. Now I'm back to another (my second) Lambros. In case point form is your thing :

Lambros
Mark Bear
Lambros

:)

Dave

PS very close behind is my Tucker III, my BlackCreek, and my PFD

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rick Howard.
I recently bought a Dz fancy sneaky built from a Kelly Peterson, of MVP Cues, full splice blank.
Bolivian Rosewood, Juma joint and Tomahawk ferrule.
My Howard is 4 pt ebony into BEM, full ivory joint and ferrule. (other shaft old micarta ferrule).
It'll be several more months to give a fair assessment of how the Dz compares because of the difference in build
materials, but in the short time I've played with it it's already a top contender of anything I've ever used.
Next best of anything production wise, that I've had and have is, without a doubt, a few D and E series McDermotts.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is one of the best hitting cues I have hit with.

I sold a custom cue that Richard Black made for me after playing with this cue.

I bought it new in 1985. A C-14 from the 1980-84 C-series.

I had it refinished by McDermott a few years back and had them make an additional shaft (bottom shaft). The top shaft is the original shaft.

Everybody who tries this cue likes it and many make offers to buy it. I have turned down numerous offers for way more than I paid for it. The most recent offer in the poolroom was $1,500 cash and I turned it down.

8356270C-C057-466B-83DD-F9A8DBD24601.jpeg

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My favorite playing cue was a Lil Romero sneaky that I stupidly sold a number of years back. Luckily I picked up a Bert Schrager last year that plays just as good. They both play/ed like a phenomenal 70’s Tad that a buddy owned. I guess I’m just a sucker for maple plain Jane’s with big pins.

dspaboss

Murray Tucker, cocobola into BEM, 4 pts. Ran 42 balls with it first time I played with it.
Still the best I ever tried, and still rue the day I sold it 😰

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Murray Tucker, cocobola into BEM, 4 pts. Ran 42 balls with it first time I played with it.
Still the best I ever tried, and still rue the day I sold it 😰

I have a “Dennis Tucker” I haven’t tried out yet.

I just got a Dennis Searing shaft that fits my Murray Tucker cocobolo Sneaky Pete butt.

Will try it out for the first time tomorrow.

36A5E62A-3602-435F-8E58-FAC2ADAD450A.jpeg

ericdraven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
alot of good info , i like hearing the stories . buddy of mine bought a joss way back his game went to pot so he traded another friend of mine for schon and his game went way up . it just amazes me you can take wood etc basically a stick and finesse it to be so different for some people .

i see more people looking for a TS sneaky then most cues . and have not heard anything bad on them

9ball5032

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Solid hit: Schon R2 w Triangle
Ease of moving cue ball around: Meucci Pro Series 3
Overall: Predator P3 w 12.9 Revo

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Solid hit: Schon R2 w Triangle
Ease of moving cue ball around: Meucci Pro Series 3
Overall: Predator P3 w 12.9 Revo
I love Runde cues, but never got to try any of the Schon R models. One of these days when the economy gets a bit better I think I’ll try and find me an old classic R model.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
best hitting , money cost need not apply here ,
i dont have many to compare but my 80ties meucci lol . still straight thou

Lou Figueroa