best cue you ever had or still have ???

ericdraven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
best hitting , money cost need not apply here ,
i dont have many to compare but my 80ties meucci lol . still straight thou

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Old Blue Betsy. She was blue aluminum with a black plastic handle, and you couldn’t beat the sound she made when you shot a ball. Most trusted house cue in the basement growing up playing with friends. Only aluminum cue I’ve ever seen. Might’ve been steel. 🤷‍♂️

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
My collection consists of:
Richard Black
Tascarella
Ginacue
Hercek
Palmer
Schon
Block Letter Joss

Out of all those cues, my favorite hitting is the Richard Black. Favorite sounding too. A little ping, but not a lot.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Sorry in all honesty. I’m more practical. I like the hit of my stealth cue the best. I break with it now. But when I’m not shooting good it comes out. It’s just easier to shoot with. Even though other cues might have better feeling hits or perform better a lot of times, the stealth is just straight to the point, nothing fancy, and gets the all around job done. It helps to keep my stroke in check, which is a lot more useful than the actual hit.

On actual hit. My favorite hit was a McDermott with phenolic joint but it was hard to play with. Then a curly maple Viking with a 1-1/2” ferrule on it and ss joint. It hasn’t hit quite as good since I chopped 1/2” off of the ferrule. So who knows.

ericdraven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
people can list those too , but manly in general . i find it interesting so many pool players like or not like certain cues
just alittle thread to see what people like .

CJH

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All around best hitting cue I have owned was made by Joel Hercek. I recently sold the cue to a customer in Taiwan. 2nd best is a Purpleheart, Ivory joint Barry Szam that I still have available

Greg M

Currently, it's my custom Peradon. Thinking of upgrading to a Mike Wooldridge or a Jason Owen if I ever need to, but for the time being, I'll stick with my current cue.

MmmSharp

Nudge is as good as a wink to a blind bat.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sugar tree full splice. Made from a Rounceville blank. Cocobolo/bem. Rings at shafts, joint bottom.

This it has a hard, sharp stiff hit to it. People who try it get that surprised shock look. I try other cues and pick up other cues but this is the one i alway go back to.

20210417_122647.jpg

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have an antique Brunswick/Balke Double Butterfly converted to a two-piece with two original Predator 314 shafts. The conversion was done by "Cadillac" Joe Mazalowiski(spelling might not be correct) around 2003. I bought this cue when I started playing again(2004) after a twenty-year hiatus from the owner of a local pool room, Royal Billiards. Was my player for a while, but I realized it was a unique cue and retired it. Started my appreciation for antique butterfly cues and my collection :alien:

David in FL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without a doubt my Nitti, but a 35 year old Meucci that I paired with a Predator 314 shaft is surprisingly close…

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
best hitting , money cost need not apply here ,
i dont have many to compare but my 80ties meucci lol . still straight thou
Indian Rosewood Southwest. Close second, 1993 Dan Dishaw, which I've owned since '94 or '95.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
This question has no right or wrong answer.

Most people have different like, and dislike.

It is like going to NYC asking 10 people in Manhattan where is best Bagel? Bet you get more then ONE recommendation. 💡

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave Kikel I have a stunning cue he made, two locals are considering it at well over 5 grand. After I refinished it I decided to play with some older cues I have. My game went into the toilet for two weeks. Finally I pulled out my Kikel and the balance and play was ten fold better than my old cues. So I took it off the market after realizing I already had my holy grail of cues.. I have owned lots of other cues but this one is special..