Best Dressed Players at Derby City

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Some players go the extra yard when it comes to presenting themselves tastefully and elegantly. I'd like to call out a few who went the extra yard at Derby City to present themselves in a way that brought dignity to our sport. I must note that I probably didn't see every player that competed, and am likely to omit some of those who presented themselves in an admirable manner. In addition, it's likely I'll forget some of those that I did see who dressed nicely.

Players that really made the grade in how they presented themselves, by my standards, were, in no particular order:

Thorsten Hohmann
Ralf Souquet
John Schmidt
John Brumback
Mika Immonen
Marcus Chamat
Adam Smith
Brian Gregg

... still, if I'm going to single out one player over all the others for excellence in presenting himself, it would be Stevie Moore, who always looked especially polished and elegant.

And, last but not least, and almost needless to say, Jeanette Lee dressed with her usual elegance, wowing the onlookers as always.

Thanks to all these players and to all others that took the trouble to present themselves in an elegant and professional manner at the DCC. You are all a credit to our sport.
 
SJM, I can't argue with any of your choices above. They are all a credit to the game and to their sponsors with the way they presented themselves all week. But just one question.....overalls don't make the grade, even with a sponsor patch on the back?
 
  • Like
Reactions: sjm
ragbug74 said:
SJM, I can't argue with any of your choices above. They are all a credit to the game and to their sponsors with the way they presented themselves all week. But just one question.....overalls don't make the grade, even with a sponsor patch on the back?

Thanks for a good laugh!
 
omgwtf said:
"What is, 'a tuxedo on a pool player', as described by Minnesota Fats."

Let's continue with Random Pool Trivia for $400, Alex...


If I didn't see it attributed to Fats in this thread, I'd think it was one of Scott Smith's bad "pool player" jokes. At least he held off telling them before the one-pocket finals at the DCC this year. Not to let anyone off, Steve Tipton tells the same bad jokes at the WPBA events.
 
I totally agree with you SJM, and also about Charlie Bryant!

I thought Adam Smith looked classy all tournament.

The day I played Brumback, Ralf Souquet told me that I had dressed very well for an European tournament, but I was way overdressed for the Derby City Classic :D
 
Roy Steffensen said:
I totally agree with you SJM, and also about Charlie Bryant!

I thought Adam Smith looked classy all tournament.

The day I played Brumback, Ralf Souquet told me that I had dressed very well for an European tournament, but I was way overdressed for the Derby City Classic :D
I agree with Ralf. Most of the Europeans made me chuckle at the cloths they were wearing. Tight shirts, ugly pants... I could spot a European from the other side of the venue.
Ralf knows how to dress. The rest of you guys should follow "suit".

I am just having fun and don't mean any harm.

Best dressed should go to Charlie Williams early on in the tournament.
Watchez said:
Oh and the strangest sight I saw. Saturday early evening, in the main lobby outside the tournament room. Charlie Williams wearing white sweat pants, a white wife beater and black workout gloves. Just standing there, leaning against a pole. I really didn't know what to think of it. :D
 
Last edited:
Roy Steffensen said:
The day I played Brumback, Ralf Souquet told me that I had dressed very well for an European tournament, but I was way overdressed for the Derby City Classic :D


Ralf Souquet telling someone to dial it down? Must have been a shock! lol
 
omgwtf said:
"What is, 'a tuxedo on a pool player', as described by Minnesota Fats."

Let's continue with Random Pool Trivia for $400, Alex...

She lives!

How am I not surprised that you would catch on...


Eric >greetings from Fort Toasty?
 
While not a pro - I made a concious effort to wear my best holey jeans and an only semi-stained wifebeater...felt a little over-dressed. :)
 
  • Like
Reactions: sjm
ragbug74 said:
SJM, I can't argue with any of your choices above. They are all a credit to the game and to their sponsors with the way they presented themselves all week. But just one question.....overalls don't make the grade, even with a sponsor patch on the back?

Hillbilly Bryant. Git-er-done!
 
Back
Top