Best Player that Quit Early on

Stew_Pidaso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wasn't under the impression John quit early either. I know about 10 years he was still on the road ( maybe not full time but a good buddy of mine brought him in town for a few specific games. IIRC, Chris Bartram was there as well ).

Are you sure your not thinking of Strong Arm John out of Indiana? He used to run around with Bartram.

1pocket

Steve Booth
Gold Member
Silver Member
His name was probably mentioned a long time ago, because I see this is an old thread...

but Nick "The Indian" Vlahos out of the Boston MA area is a tip top example of a great talent that left the game. He did come back after about 15 years, but his game had slipped alot from his prime.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
His name was probably mentioned a long time ago, because I see this is an old thread...

but Nick "The Indian" Vlahos out of the Boston MA area is a tip top example of a great talent that left the game. He did come back after about 15 years, but his game had slipped alot from his prime.

I met Nick when he was in CA, maybe late 70’s. We played some $50 a game nine ball at the Golden Cue with me getting the eight. We broke even and he said it was too tough for $50 but if I bet more we could keep playing. I declined.

He seemed like a nice guy and a little different than most of the road players who came through.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
NICK VITA: won the US OPEN 1P tournament when in his mid twenties---pulled up to focus on cards

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I saw him beat Reyes in 1-pocket at DCC around the first or second year at horseshoe.

Can people PLEASE stop with the vague responses...... If the thread isn't about a specific player, then you need to specify WHO you saw do something. Nobody knows which post you are referring to, unless you actually quote that post.

You have no idea how irritating it is to see a vague, non-specific response like this, with no context. You could be referring to any player mentioned in the last 10 responses, and no one know who TF you are talking about.

Short Bus Russ

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Can people PLEASE stop with the vague responses...... If the thread isn't about a specific player, then you need to specify WHO you saw do something. Nobody knows which post you are referring to, unless you actually quote that post.

You have no idea how irritating it is to see a vague, non-specific response like this, with no context. You could be referring to any player mentioned in the last 10 responses, and no one know who TF you are talking about.

Short Bus Russ

I think I have a little more patience than you.....:D.... but I agree about the vagueness.
I’ve posted this once before......please use it.

6E57AA9E-3B1A-4A97-89E3-3C9EE1342149.gif

railbird25

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NICK VITA: won the US OPEN 1P tournament when in his mid twenties---pulled up to focus on cards

I used to run with /stake nic when he was younger. He had as much heart as anyone I've ever ran with. Moved to Vegas last I heard.