Best Playing Cue Poll

BEST PLAYING CUE?

• Total voters

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I think Webb,Phillippi,Scruggs for sure,and Gilbert should be on there,Coker should be removed,but i am suprised at how little votes Gina got.I dont know if alot of the guys on here voted Other because they like another top notch cuemaker,sure some did but perhaps some just never have played wih a SW or Gina,the votes for Other could be people with Cuetecs,Vikings,and other production cues.:)

pharaoh68

Banned
Fast Lenny said:
I think Webb,Phillippi,Scruggs for sure,and Gilbert should be on there,Coker should be removed,but i am suprised at how little votes Gina got.I dont know if alot of the guys on here voted Other because they like another top notch cuemaker,sure some did but perhaps some just never have played wih a SW or Gina,the votes for Other could be people with Cuetecs,Vikings,and other production cues.:)

I'm not going to disagree with you that perhaps Coker shouldn't be on the list. And yes, it is a little bit of a surprise that so few have picked Gina. My guess as to why would be that Ginas a very high-end cues and are limited in terms of availability. Most people have not played with a Gina as they probably don't even know someone who owns one!

But, as for the others, I'm not saying they don't make solid playing cues. But I wouldn't necessarily consider them to be amongst the very elite player's cue makers which is what you are inquiring about... what people feel is the best playing cue.

Phillippi's are very good cues. Gilberts are as well. And many people like Mike Webb's cues. But I think if you are looking for the best playing cues, you would have to stick with Southwest, Searing, and Mottey. But how can you have Mottey and not White? Kersenbrock cues are among the best ever and though they are limited in supply, he is still pumping a couple out to my knowledge. And Bender? He too makes one of the better hitting cues out there. Pete Tascarella makes a solid playing cue as well. Richard Harris (Bluegrass) and Judd Fuller are excellent cuemakers that make top-notch player's cues. Joel Hercek, Bill Schick. These are some of the best playing cues out there.

Anyway, thats just my opinion.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Me too.

asiasdad said:
The TAD-1 plays close to the Gina sounds great. How far apart is the approximate value? In my case, I believe my TAD-1 plays better than the new Lambros I have that I paid twice the amount to obtain. There is nothing wrong with the Lambros, It's just that all the pretty is just money thrown at pretty, not playability.

I have $1800 in the new Gina, (now about 2 years old). The Tad I got in around the 'bout way. I traded my friend a Schick sneaky pete and $400 for the cue. Making me have about $1050 in the cue. It was a new one from J&J which I think is the only way to get a new Tad.

So like you I have about 1/2 the money in the Tad verses the Gina.

The Tad is very plain compared to the Gina. That caused me (seriously) to want not to play with the Gina, it looks so awesome.

Im not kidding,

Ken

Harvywallbanger

Josh Eisert
Silver Member
alstl said:
That's so sad I think you could turn it into a country song and have a hit.

My cue is a Schon.

If we want to be completely honest wouldn't a Predator or something similer these days be the best "playing" cue out there. A custom cue makers hit varies from each cue that he makes depending on many factors. Plus there are different flavours for different folks. Some like a hard hitting cue, some don't. Some people even like a Meuccis hit the best despite the deflection. So the REAL question is which cue is the most accurate and STAYS accurate? That would be the best cue, right? So it would have to be Predator.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mantis said:
<--------

<--------

<--------

I saw Feijen on tv, I think it was the IPT, and it seemed like his cue made a louder than normal sound. Does he have the steel joint pin or the wooden joint pin on his Longoni?

Hal2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Balabushka Cue

The best playing cue for me,without question, is a Balabushka.
The firm but soft hit is very hard for me to describe in words, however I will confirm it is very consistant. Once in stroke the cue is more like an extension of my arm rather than an object in my hands.
I have played with many high end cues and I been close friends to the best custom cue makers, both past and present, however their cues made for me can not compare to my "bushka."
Regards

Dave Mackay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I Love the hit of the masterpiece mcdermott joint ie RS-12, stick a Z shaft on the end and you have a winner!!!!!

whiteoak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you serious?

pharaoh68 said:
I think of the nine cuemakers that you listed here, only three would actually make the cut (maybe four). The overwhelming dominance of "other" should indicate that most of these cuemakers don't quite belong on a list of best "playing" cues.

If you want to take a poll in which the results were spread more across the spectrum, I would remove Phillipi, Gilbert, Webb, Coker, and Scruggs and perhaps replace them with names like White, Hercek, Bluegrass, Szamboti, Tascarella, Judd, Bender, or a few other top-notch cuemakers.

Otherwise, the point of the poll is moot if more than half of all who respond select "other".
You would remove Tim Scruggs from any list of "top notch cuemakers" ?I realize this is subjective but i think there are lots and lots of folks on here besides me that would stongly disagree with that.Mike S

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
I think my signature say's it all. I used to play with a fully customized Lucasi before I upgraded to my J. Peachuar built Predator SE-3.

Black Cat :cool:

pooldogue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive only owned and played with 6 of the 9 makers listed and my opinion would be that M.Webbs cues "play" as good as any of them on there so therefore my vote is for him, as he is a very underrated and relatively unknown cuemaker to most, although he is becoming more and more known........ :cool:
Maybe the survey should have been about cues that are available to most....... :)