Best pool hall in Detroit?

Joe Rogan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm in Detroit on business, can anyone steer me towards the place to play in town?
Thanks in advance

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hall of Fame Billiards

I'm in Detroit on business, can anyone steer me towards the place to play in town?
Thanks in advance

Hall of Fame Billiards was where Ronnie Wiseman used to play, I'd think it's the best action spot. The Rack is Cornbread Red's son's place I was just told on FB.

Play Well,

CJ

Last edited:

POOLGODBEWITHME

Tom "B" player
Silver Member
Hey Joe,
the blue diamond lounge is close by. I've never been there but I hear theres good action. Here is the info on it:

Blue Diamond Lounge
Address: 2453 Campbell St, Detroit, MI 48209
Phone:(313) 842-9725

Also the ball cue and brew is in Lincoln Park, not far to the south, info:

Ball & Cue & Brew Billiards and Pro Shop 3434 Fort St, Lincoln Park, MI

hall of fame and plush pockets have already been mentioned, all are suppose to be pretty good places but I've only been to a couple of them.

If your north of Detroit there is a bunch of other places, I'm about an hour and a half north of Detroit, if your that far north your welcome to play at my house for free. You can PM me if you need any other info, How long are you in town for?
Tom

Last edited:

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hall of Fame is pretty much the only place on the eastside of Detroit with the exception of Thursday night when there is a 9 ball tournament at Ultimate Sports Bar [formerly Plush Pockets] played on Global 9' tables. Starts by 7:30.

On the westside of town there is the Rack on Joy Road [in or near Livonia] and Ball-n-Cue on Fort Street [I believe] around Lincoln Park.

POOLGODBEWITHME

Tom "B" player
Silver Member
Only on Monday nights.

OK, I know Kenny B. plays there on Mondays quite often, I'm not good enough to get in that action. I'm a B player, maybe BB if I'm at the top of my game, those guys would be stealin if I went down there. Where are you from Mike?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks in advance

There's 2 newer Diamond 9ft ProAms at Hall of Fame, in the back room where all the action takes place, and the food is off the hook!

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member
If your bored on Friday night you drive about 30-40 min south to Monroe. They run a handicap 9 ball tourney with Calcutta. It at cones and cue on telegraph near the river.

Joe Rogan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wound up going to Hall Of Fame, and man, what a classic place!
Great tables, nice staff, classic rock on the stereo - it's a perfect pool hall.
Thanks so much for the suggestions, my friends.

Nice meeting you, Montana Mike

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I wound up going to Hall Of Fame, and man, what a classic place!
Great tables, nice staff, classic rock on the stereo - it's a perfect pool hall.
Thanks so much for the suggestions, my friends.

Nice meeting you, Montana Mike

Did you get to eat there? And that back room has more wolf talking than a whole pack of wolves...LOL

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There really wasn't anyone in the backroom when Joe was there Glen which was unfortunate. It was nice meeting you too Joe.