Best Solutions for Removing Grease Stains Off Of Simonis 860HR Cloth?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep I would do the entire table with the Woolite solution. It probably won’t all come out, but when the entire table is done the color will match throughout. Hope that makes sense. It makes an even fade, and scrubbing with cleaner will make it fade a bit. It may sound crazy, but I tend to like tournament blue cloth better when it‘s faded some.
How faded?
Screenshot_20211101-124322__01.jpg
Screenshot_20210813-111728.jpg

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As hard as we try to enforce our not eating while playing rule (and we manage do a pretty good job of it) sometimes it happens. Also, you can’t force people to go wash their hands after eating before they play, so it inevitably happens.

Does anyone have any remedies of what has worked for them in best trying to get out or at least minimize these (most likely grease) stains? Unfortunately, I often don’t notice them until the next day, when they’ve already been on there for a while. Thanks
Did you ever resolve this? If so, what worked?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It certainly will. You can use one of the cleaning solutions that come with it or Woolite or whatever you choose to cut the grease.
my only experience with bissell products is on carpet and i was less than impressed to say the least. woolite and/or brakekleen and clean microfiber cloths is all you need.

MajorMiscue

Rock Spinner
Gold Member
my only experience with bissell products is on carpet and i was less than impressed to say the least. woolite and/or brakekleen and clean microfiber cloths is all you need.
Then maybe you should listen to someone who owns one and uses it exclusively for the pool table. They work great.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After checking back in my memories and thought processes , (LOL) and looking into what Rexus31 stated about the Brake Kleen Green Can product, here's what I remember. Non Chlorinated cleaner is the only thing I would advise. The green can is their (Brake Kleen) Non Chlorinated product. With the chlorine added the product would act as a bleach , much like Clorox and might bleach the cloth like when Ty dieing. If you chose to try this as a fix, make sure to
use the Non Chlorinated product
Chlorine will bleach it? 😂

The link posted by rexus31 says that Berryman chlorinated cleaners use tetrachloroethylene (dry-cleaning fluid) and dichloromethane (methylene chloride, previously used in paint strippers). While testing first is always advised, these solvents are not bleach like chlorine gas or sodium hypochlorite. The non-chlorinated cleaners are flammable.

I don’t recommend for or against either choice. But if you’re going to use either of them, I would recommend eye protection, nitrile gloves (or rubber or neoprene), and to ventilate the room while cleaning.
If adequate ventilation is difficult to achieve consider a NIOSH-approved cartridge respirator with an organic vapor cartridge.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I still like my idea in post #18. No chemicals at all just steam heat and micro fiber cloths.. Hope you get it out soon, the longer it sets the more difficult it may be to remove. Good luck Chris.