Best Spot/Area to Break From in 8-Ball!!

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Appreciate any & all input... :)

I like to know what Spot/Area is BEST to Break from in game of 8-ball... I figure everyone may be different or have their own preferences... I just am trying to see if there is a better advantage for making more balls on break for more consistency... As anyone knows, when you break & make a ball(s) it gives that person a much better chance of winning the game!!! No need to be or give a long explanation.... just wanting opinions on 7'... 8'... & 9'.... & also the breaking is hitting the Apex ball first.... see example below...

A. 7' middle of table 1 diamond from end rail...

B. 8' 1 ball off middle of rack & approx. 1 diamond from end rail

C. 9' 1 ball off side rail on right/left side rail (same as most 9-ball breaks)

Thanks in advance for ALL opinions & input.... just trying to help a couple of my nephews who are just starting out.... :)

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rumor has it there is a top secret instructor in Oregon who knows everything about breaking 8-ball. That's all the information you are privy to.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... As anyone knows, when you break & make a ball(s) it gives that person a much better chance of winning the game!!!

^^^^ I didnt know that :eek::eek:

my answer: Break from where the balls on that table open up the best, takes a bit of trial and error.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corey Dueul would say use the 2nd ball break, he just smoked a good field of players undefeated.
Most players are 2/3 inches from center table like a 10 ball break. Hit em hard and keep whitey in the middle of the table.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:thumbup:

Oh if you are just starting out just put the cue ball on the spot or one inch off the spot and hit the head ball square and firm.

Last edited:

MikieG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is an outstanding book on this subject authored by the great inventor of the Break Rack, Charlie Bond.
The book is called "The Great Break Shot". You can buy it on Amazon. It is an EXCELLENT read. He covers everything about reading the lay of the rack. Looking for gaps and unconnected balls within it.
Very wellworth the time and money!

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every pro has a "secret" breaking spot. If they break from there a few times unsuccessfully...they find a NEW secret breaking spot! Seriously...wherever you break from, hit the CB dead center and the head ball square. That will yield the best results. Nobody on earth (even SVB) makes a ball on the break every time playing 8-ball. The break is not about brute force. It's about speed and timing. Stop trying to KILL the CB...work on speed and timing, so back off your speed for a better break and better control. :D

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off... Thanks to ev1 for replying or giving their honest opinions or input!!

For those who gave sincere reply's & tried to help - I commend you for trying to give my nephews some real answers.... I will share your comments to my nephews as they do NOT have internet.... :)

For those who tried to give any smart-*SS remarks you can go to ****.... lol