Best tables in Kansas City?

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Where are the best tables in Kansas City?

I'm not looking for action or even a game--just curious. I'm in town for work and might have a chance to play snooker, billboards, or pool.

If there's already a thread about Kansas City, please let me know. I currently only have access through my phone.

Andrewk1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a big table only old school room with GCs, go to Raytown Rec. Tables are well taken care of. Lots of bars with well taken care of bar tables out toward independence/blue springs. You have Side Pockets/Brass Rail which are sports bars/poolhall combos with overpriced food and drink. They are in the North and east suburbs both 20 minutes or so out of the city.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Andrewk1988

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And of course Shooters in Olathe is great. I'm in Missouri so I don't get out that way much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Thanks, everybody.

We ended up having beers downtown last night instead, but I'm hoping to get out tonight or Tuesday night.

aqatzkc

Shooters is the best. Billiards table, snooker, 9 and 7 ft diamond and gc. You have to be a member but I will be at league tonight and guests are allowed.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, everybody.

We ended up having beers downtown last night instead, but I'm hoping to get out tonight or Tuesday night.

FYI.....Side Pockets off Englewood and 169 isn't too far from Downtown. They have a couple of 9 foot Diamonds and several valley bar tables. There is a 9 ball tournament race to 3, tonight @ 7:30pm. $5 entry split quarters (.75 per game), match the pot. It's pretty busy though with league and the tournament so after 7pm there might not be any tables available for open play. Further North is the Brass Rail with 20 valley bar tables and they almost always have tables available.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
I'm hoping against hope to make it to Raytown Rec tonight (Tuesday 17 Dec) to see Big Bertha even if I have to miss a bit of sleep to do so.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was on KC in October. I went to both Raytown and Shooters. Raytown is definately an old school room, fun to shoot there, you just know that room has seen some action. The best part was actually watching the owner play 3 cushion, the man was amazing! That alone was worth the trip.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
I was on KC in October. I went to both Raytown and Shooters. Raytown is definately an old school room, fun to shoot there, you just know that room has seen some action. The best part was actually watching the owner play 3 cushion, the man was amazing! That alone was worth the trip.

Yup! I believe he's the one I'm watching now. Finally made it to Raytown Rec this evening.

I like Big Bertha. Feels natural to me.

EDIT: wonderful table.

That blue blur at the far end is the 2, the 10, or a Smurf.

Last edited:

mojarraman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My apologies, I've overlooked this thread beings I can't find time to read all, and this doesn't DIRECTLY address you post, but maybe it's of some small use ... I posted the other day:

"Anyhoo I talked to a real nice young guy - goes by Jason - 'cause I was asking 'bout finally finding a cue to my liking for once in my life w/o really ever having one and he was supposedly (according to one of the guys in the vicinity) toting a $2 grand custom so I figured I ought to also ask him who to 'watch,' and he said a couple guys at Shooters in Olathe [Kansas City area] on Monday nights ... Williams and Meyers were a couple names he mentioned and I forget their first names." ... Like I said elsewhere, I'd probably never be at that level to play against somebody at a high skill level. But I'd like to watch. ... I did play at Shooters MANY years ago w/ a pretty top flight (strictly on amateur terms) guy named Kevin, I (and quite a few others) called him "Big Kevin" beings he is 6'+ (not too terribly tall) and maybe 300lbs? Short, dark hair and about my age or maybe a bit older - maybe 53 or 54 now? I was pretty darn good friends w/ Big Kevin and he was very kind/generous and helpful since he was beating me almost 9 out of 10 games at 8-ball and it never annoyed him ... even if I'd been practicing (which I wasn't) I'm not sure I'd have been able to take 3 out of 10. Today, if I start playing again regularly (after not doing so for over two decades) it'd be like "a major goal" or something to maybe win 30% of games against him. ... Sincere apologies about being off topic...so I honestly can't speak to the QUALITY of the tables there just yet...I met Kevin socially, away from pool, and if I could locate him again (which MAYBE I can) I would, and so I'm just sorta fishin' around for general info - and providing every bit I can - which is admittedly little. But pretty soon I should have a much better idea of the condition of the tables at Shooters as it's not too far from where I live.

Best,
Paul

blackwidows

BLACKWIDOWS
Silver Member

That was either Don or Doug. If he was around 50 it was Doug. 70"s Don. Don was a world class player in his day. Doug is good too. Steve Hassle I understand still comes in. He is a good player as well. I played there a lot in the 70's. I used to live close by. Only place in town that has a 10' table.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
That was either Don or Doug. If he was around 50 it was Doug. 70"s Don. Don was a world class player in his day. Doug is good too. Steve Hassle I understand still comes in. He is a good player as well. I played there a lot in the 70's. I used to live close by. Only place in town that has a 10' table.

Is Don Copp still around????