Best way to utilize free table time on a crappy table?

Rasta

-----------------------
Silver Member
The apartment complex I live in has a number of small tables available to residents. The problem is that they are in horrible condition.

The cloth is worn, stained, and very, very slow. The tables are not level, and the rails seem less lively than normal. The balls are worn out and then some.

The tables appear to be low end Brunswicks that were set up new and completely ignored thereafter. Aggravating the issue are residents who rearrange the furniture in the game room, including moving the tables.

As bad as they are, I'd still like to take advantage of their availability. But, I don't want to pick up bad habits while compensating for the tables. How is my time best spent on equipment in poor condition? Thanks.

Good Rolls,
Rasta
 
Rasta said:
The apartment complex I live in has a number of small tables available to residents. The problem is that they are in horrible condition.

The cloth is worn, stained, and very, very slow. The tables are not level, and the rails seem less lively than normal. The balls are worn out and then some.

The tables appear to be low end Brunswicks that were set up new and completely ignored thereafter. Aggravating the issue are residents who rearrange the furniture in the game room, including moving the tables.

As bad as they are, I'd still like to take advantage of their availability. But, I don't want to pick up bad habits while compensating for the tables. How is my time best spent on equipment in poor condition? Thanks.

Good Rolls,
Rasta

Probably sex:) :D
 
ribdoner said:
Probably sex:) :D

The cloth is worn, stained, and very, very slow. The tables are not level, and the rails seem less lively than normal. The balls are worn out and then some.

He might not be the first one...
 
Sounds like working on your speed control and diamond systems would be time wasted. On the other hand, a crappy table might be good enough to practice your pocketing as long as you don't hit the balls too soft. A crappy table should also be good enough for working on your break.
 
ribdoner said:
Probably sex:) :D

I'm sooo glad I'm not the only one who thought of that.:D And after what arsenius said you might want to consider wearing gloves when you play!
 
i would get a brush and brush the table then wipe it with a damp cloth and try to level it the best i could..it doesn't take much maybe the thickness of a credit card or less to level it better..then like another poster stated shoot hard shots...
 
Power shots, baby, power shots!

Power force follows, power draws, power squirt shots...

Get a set of used Centennials from a large pool room, I bought a set a couple of years ago for $40. Money well spent.

Then have at it!
 
chilli66 said:
I'm sooo glad I'm not the only one who thought of that.:D And after what arsenius said you might want to consider wearing gloves when you play!
You2 beat me to it...:D
 
Back
Top