Beware of Royce827

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I thought it was $399.75, lol.

Yeah, $12 does seem to be very easy math (3% of $400), so I do not understand why less then an extra $12 would not have been sent by the buyer. Maybe just trying to piss the seller off, with short changing him 25 cents? I would find it laughable though. 25 cents being a deal breaker? That is ridiculous.

Paypal refunds are instant, and if not instant, then you at least get an email from paypal, notifying you of the refund.

Days for a paypal refund to go through? I do not believe it.

An eCheck refund is different though. That can take a week or longer to go through.

The person gets notified though (in any case).

For somebody that has been doin dealz for 20 years, you don't know jack.

Paypal fees are not a flat 3%. They are 2.9% plus $0.30
Then you need to calculate the fee on the fee. This is why people ask for 3.5%

$412 nets the seller $399.75

And as stated earlier in more than one reply, refunds are not always instant. Nobody gives a sh!t what you believe.

Royce827

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just to clarify cause JustinBieber up there seems to know everything. I never claimed to have shipped the item. I actually told McCormick I was stuck at work and didn’t get a chance to ship. He was fine with it. Being that I was at work I didn’t check my paypal account either, it is a blocked site at my job for whatever reason. When I got outside to check my account being that I had done several deals in the past few days I saw one and only one deal was short. Mr. McCormick shorted me .25. Yea I know it’s .25 who cares but given his attitude and the way he conducted himself I felt it was just another way for him to try and get over. So I refunded the money. You can see there I initiated the refund before he texted me threatening me at 3:15PM. 10 hours had already passed since I had sent the refund and I’m sure if he actually checked his PayPal he would’ve saw it.
e5c7bdb1321f8818b276677e31c51529.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For somebody that has been doin dealz for 20 years, you don't know jack.

Paypal fees are not a flat 3%. They are 2.9% plus $0.30
Then you need to calculate the fee on the fee. This is why people ask for 3.5%

$412 nets the seller $399.75

And as stated earlier in more than one reply, refunds are not always instant. Nobody gives a sh!t what you believe.

I see that a lot of sellers are asking for the buyers to add 4% to the amount, if unwilling to pay as a Gift (through Friends and Family).

All of this silliness about adding paypal fee to the price of the sale is a very new thing for me. Only on pool related items have I ever seen sellers asking to add a % of the price for paypal fee. Would it not make things so much easier to just set a price to cover all of your overhead expenses? Like if you want to clear $400, then set your price at $450 shipped (or whatever it is going to take for you to clear the amount you that want after all expenses), and you pay the shipping and paypal fee. Would that not make things so much easier?

A buyer will always know if a refund has been initiated by a seller (paypal will know, and send the buyer a notification).

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/where-is-my-refund-faq1212

Show me some proof that it sometimes takes days to at least get notified that the seller has initiated a refund? The status will always show in your paypal account, even if the email did not get delivered to you. Paypal would know, and there would be something showing in your paypal account.

Last edited:

Royce827

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JustinBieber again seems to know all the details. McCormick offered me 450. The further along we got in the deal he switched his number to 400. I told him to cover shipping. He asked for my PayPal. Send me the money and then tells me he only covered the fees that he would not cover shipping.

Royce827

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
deb39f4289dbaa071982f6ee9ec3cc56.jpg

But I’m tired of defending my position already. You guys think what you may. The person who everyone should beware of is McCormick. He only came here to cry because the Facebook admins shut him down because I have done countless deals with no issues.

Royce827

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If your name isn’t McCormick and would like to purchase the Scruggs. It’s still available.

JustinBieber again seems to know all the details. McCormick offered me 450. The further along we got in the deal he switched his number to 400. I told him to cover shipping. He asked for my PayPal. Send me the money and then tells me he only covered the fees that he would not cover shipping.

Okay, I am sorry. This really does sound like a very confusing mess of a situation. You told him to cover the shipping (but without telling him how much the shipping costs would be?), and then he asks for your paypal email. Before giving him your paypal email, you should have made sure that both of you were in agreement of exactly how much to send (including shipping, and paypal fee, or whatever). It sounds like the OP should have known that you wanted at least the amount of shipping added to the $400, because that was your terms right before he asked for your paypal email. I assume that shipping costs on a $400 cue would be at least $20, so he should have at least sent you $420, but it also seems like you should have told him the amount that you wanted him to send you before you gave him your paypal email. This is exactly why I think that a paypal invoice is the best way to buy and sell items online. No confusion about the price. The buyer gives the seller his or her email, and then the seller sends the buyer a paypal invoice. That would make things so much easier, right?

I am sorry, but I was just going by the OP's side of the story (not to mention the pretty nasty / rude text messages that he posted a picture of).

If your name isn’t McCormick and would like to purchase the Scruggs. It’s still available.

I am really curious to see a picture of it.

Never mind, I just found the FS thread.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=462304

It looks like a very basic Scruggs sneaky pete, with a wrap added, and the butt caps replaced?

The only thing that looks really odd to me is that rubber bumper.

Who would put a rubber bumper that looked like that on a Scruggs sneaky pete?

Very strange.

Just seems like a hack of a cue maker or repair person did some work on the cue (replaced the butt cap maybe).

I bet that a great cue repair person (like RAT custom cues) could do a great job at making that cue look super nice.

I do really love that BEM Erwin shaft. That is really nice.

Last edited:

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I used to sell DVDs (online), and no, they were not counterfeit, lol. I did pretty well at it too, for years, until the DVD market went very down hill, and it become very hard to get sales, and make a profit.

Revenue? I have no idea. Probably should have kept note of my sales, and profits. I burned the money up as fast as I made it though.

I remember for 3 solid months, I was bringing in $200 in profit per day (on average) with my DVD sales.

Chump change, right? Felt like a lot of money to me though.
You do know that the IRS has an agent that monitors this forum, don’t you?

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I am sorry, but I was just going by the OP's side of the story (not to mention the pretty nasty / rude text messages that he posted a picture of).

As usual, charging in without doing any research does you the most good. :rolleyes: Follow the "1-hour before swimming" rule please, read something and wait 1 hour before posting. Your replies on this thread did nothing except try and defend a scoundrel, and had you waited a few minutes and actually tried to understand the world around you, I think you would have posted with far more quality.

At least you had the decency to apologize, lots of guys on this forum would drop dead before ever apologizing for their mistakes.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
deb39f4289dbaa071982f6ee9ec3cc56.jpg

But I’m tired of defending my position already. You guys think what you may. The person who everyone should beware of is McCormick. He only came here to cry because the Facebook admins shut him down because I have done countless deals with no issues.

His behavior to you smacked of such conceit and disrespect that I doubt even the most diehard customer rights advocate would not have laughed in his face. What is particularly galling is that he actually came on here to whine about it! How far in denial about your own behavior do you have to be to think that you're in the right after jacking money out of a seller's pocket?

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I think a lot of guys who buy and sell fairly often will know what I mean when I say negotiating is an art and understanding values for *both* the buyer and seller is very important to keeping things fun and enjoyable.

There are some relentless chislers and lowballers who can make it unpleasant. Like ideologist said, these types *always* have to get the absolute best of it.

In reading Royce827's account of things backed up with screenshots of his and Rackattach's correspondence, it's become clear that Rackattach at the very least falls into the "relentless chisler" category.

After pushing and switching and finally ending up at the cheapest deal possible he, very possibly unintentionally, shorted Royce827 one quarter of a dollar and for Royce, this appears to have been the final insult that he was gonna take, intended or not.

On principle, Royce cancelled their deal and started the refund process, all documented above.

In the legal system they have a rule that goes something like this:

'You can't come to court with dirty hands asking for relief.'

I think Rackattach not only owes Royce827 an apology for posting this thread but he also owes answers to all of the other allegations that have come up in this and the other thread calling *his* character into question.

Ignoring all of that doesn't look good.

all, imo, of course.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Rackattach

Banned
Brian- I'm sorry man but I stand my case here. Just because I have offered you less than what you were asking before on cues, does not make me a bad person whatsoever. All of my feedback both on this forum, and on Facebook and any other groups has all been nothing but positive.

My point is that we agreed on a price, $400 and to my knowledge PayPal charges 2.9% so I sent $412 over to him to cover the fees as per our agreement. I then asked him twice why the Q hadnt been shipped and why it was still being advertised on eBay (twice on two different days) and he was very rude about it. Yes he issued a refund but this is not the way that anybody should do business because he was holding the Q and soliciting higher offers even though we had already paid and an agreed-upon Deal. I posted this on Facebook in a couple of other people including Mike Molina chimed in stating that the seller has done the same thing to them also and that I was not the first one.

He never once sent me any confirmation, or said anything about the $.25, but yet I had to ask him a couple times because I was upset to still seeing the Q advertised both on a forum and Ebay days after I had already paid. If you text me and said hey for some reason I'm short $.25, I would've quickly and immediately sent him more than enough to cover.

READY...!!!! Now here comes the best part -

HES LITERALLY DOING IT AGAIN. This Q was on eBay at auction and ENDED Wednesday night, and I know because I even tried to bid on it. The Q had sold yet again to somebody else and he was advertising it this morning again to anybody who wants to buy it literally a few threads up. So there you have it he had already sold the Q Yet again!!!! and is still trying to solicit higher offers. I don't know how much more evidence you need them that I was just trying to warn everybody. You can say anything you want against me But every deal I have done and have been given good feedback and nothing but positive reviews. I'm not too sure what else you think I need to explain or do but I'm standing my ground and I stand by everything I've said.

He's literally doing what I accused him of in this very thread!! Post #107

Here's a link to the cues auction that ended also:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Tim-Scruggs-Not-So-Sneaky-Pete-/272917292172#vi__app-cvip-panel

Last edited:

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't ask me why but I have followed this thread from the beginning.

Also, I saw a thread awhile back calling out justin on his posting style. At that point, I hadn't read too many threads in which he had posted. But it's obvious to me now why that thread was started.

Wow....is all I can say!

After seeing your posts here justin, I'd like a refund also.

I would have refunded the OP as well and been done with it.

Attitude is everything!

HouTexPlayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The more I read on this and other forums lately, the more the circle of people that I want to either sell cues to or buy cues from goes down.

Way too much weird and shady stuff going on these days.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Brian- I'm sorry man but I stand my case here. Just because I have offered you less than what you were asking before on cues, does not make me a bad person whatsoever.

But sending less dough than initially agreed upon does make you a bad person, just go away. You're as sleazy as they come.

Rackattach

Banned
But sending less dough than initially agreed upon does make you a bad person, just go away. You're as sleazy as they come.

I sent $412 and we agreed on $400 and I cover PayPal fees.
PayPal charges 2.9% so I sent $412.00. I sent what we agreed on.

And I find it funny you read my entire post and only seem to want to throw a punch at me, and not the guy who I literally pointed out several times in this thread is continuously being sleazy even right under your nose in this thread and you choose to just point at me. I'm very sorry to hear this.