BHQ missing

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
Does anyone know what's up with him? I haven't been on here as much lately so I'm not noticing things like I should.

DunnM1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i know for a fact, he has retired! See him on Facebook from time to time. Great guy!

BHQ

we'll miss you
Silver Member
im still alive.... just had to quit cues... in 2018 my Dad began in home hospice care... it was more than i ever thought it would be to handle . He made it as difficult as possible on my wife & i .... was just too overwhelming..
The day i reached across to lathe to "turn it on" as it was already running, fortunately the chuck just knicked my arm a bit. no injury...
That was it.
Cant work with a machine that will rip my fucking arms off when my head was so far up my ass over the situation i got stuck with .
Had 15 good years of bldg cues and dealing with great people and friends

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless you've lost your love of building cues, there is no need to call it quits. Just a pause while you take care of priorities

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Hey Brent, hope everything works out for you and your family. Thanks for checking in.

Dave <-- proud owner of a BHQ purple heart / BEM box cue with lovely rings

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Unless you've lost your love of building cues, there is no need to call it quits. Just a pause while you take care of priorities
If you can't concentrate, you need to walk away .
Brent made that decision a long time ago .
The industry misses him , but life goes on for him .

whiteoak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im still alive.... just had to quit cues... in 2018 my Dad began in home hospice care... it was more than i ever thought it would be to handle . He made it as difficult as possible on my wife & i .... was just too overwhelming..
The day i reached across to lathe to "turn it on" as it was already running, fortunately the chuck just knicked my arm a bit. no injury...
That was it.
Cant work with a machine that will rip my fucking arms off when my head was so far up my ass over the situation i got stuck with .
Had 15 good years of bldg cues and dealing with great people and friends
Best to you,Brother. Take Care

rack runner

Registered
If you can't concentrate, you need to walk away .
Brent made that decision a long time ago .
The industry misses him , but life goes on for him .
Yup. Takes alot of discipline and self-awareness to admit you are not present for whatever reason, especially family. Gotta take care. He is always mellow and a cool guy. Always a pleasant experience with him. I own a custom PH/EBONY breaker from him. Hits a ton. Ivorine 4 ferrules and collars. Sorry to say it must have killed a bunch of his tools. Ivorine hard as $&*#!

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When/If the itch comes back you could start off from sort of the beginning.
Burn a few pizzas first, then make baby steps.

I think DD's b'day is in 2 days.