Bigtruck and akaTrigger, my THANKS!!!!!

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
This past weekend was the Texas State 9 Ball Championships which I and Lewis (ironman) were the tournament directors. Melinda (akaTrigger) and Ray (Bigtruck) were there to play, but also bought their laptops and camera equipment with them. Little did I know what these two would provide for the AZbilliard world over the weekend.

First, Melinda fixed my new computer so the WIFI would work as I am a computer dinosaur (I can barely log on here. LOL). Late Friday night, she went to work putting the brackets for the Open division on line for all to see. Believe me, this is no easy task.

Melinda, then, grabbed her camera and took pictures of everyone and everything during the weekend. To sneak up and take pictures without bothering any of the players is an art in itself. This lady should work for the CIA, LOL. Taking this quality of pictures in such a low light is a lot of work. She must have taken twenty pictures for each one that was posted.

Ray (Bigtruck) took it upon himself to give live updates of key matches the entire weekend. Again, no easy task as the Gcue Billiards was so packed with pool fans, forget about sitting, just finding a place to stand and see was hard enough.

1300+ posts and over 20,000+ hits on Ray?s thread about the Open. If Bigtruck doesn?t have the worst case of carpal tunnel syndrome after this weekend, something is really wrong! Ray, I hear soaking your hands in ice water helps.

To give everyone an idea what a marathon this tournament was time wise:

Friday evening: Player?s meeting at 10:00 p.m. Brackets were posted at 12:30 a.m.
Saturday-Sunday: Play started at 9:00 a.m. and ended at 2:00 a.m.
Monday: Play started at 9:00 a.m. and the finals ended at 4:00 a.m.

Except for stepping out for a bite to eat, Ray and Melinda were there the whole way!!!!!

Sunday evening, I told Lewis (ironman) how fortunate we are to have the four main Tour and Tournament directors in Texas, Paul (Stones) and Lewis (ironman)- Fast Eddie?s Olhausen 9 Ball Tour, Melinda (akaTrigger) - OB Cues Ladies Tour and Ray(Bigtruck) ? Waco Monthly Tounament that are good friends and can work together so well.

You can thank akaTrigger and Bigtruck for the great coverage of the event on AZbilliards (A little rep would be nice!) because they did this out of love for the game.

Thanks, you guys, I owe you big time!

Stones

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank You!!

Thank You Paul!!

You're right! It is a great way to do things, working together and getting along!!

I think the reason it works for us, is we are all interested in growing the sport!!

Too many people start and run tournaments for the wrong reasons.

Glad I know you Paul! you're good people!:smile:

Sincerely,

Ray

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys did a great job all weekend. I kept tuning in to that thread (and the brackets), to keep up with who was playing who. The play-by-play was a great thing...thanks to those folks. Wow, you all put in a TON of hours! All in all, a fine job, and you have much to be proud of!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Stones said:
This past weekend was the Texas State 9 Ball Championships which I and Lewis (ironman) were the tournament directors. Melinda (akaTrigger) and Ray (Bigtruck) were there to play, but also bought their laptops and camera equipment with them. Little did I know what these two would provide for the AZbilliard world over the weekend.

First, Melinda fixed my new computer so the WIFI would work as I am a computer dinosaur (I can barely log on here. LOL). Late Friday night, she went to work putting the brackets for the Open division on line for all to see. Believe me, this is no easy task.

Melinda, then, grabbed her camera and took pictures of everyone and everything during the weekend. To sneak up and take pictures without bothering any of the players is an art in itself. This lady should work for the CIA, LOL. Taking this quality of pictures in such a low light is a lot of work. She must have taken twenty pictures for each one that was posted.

Ray (Bigtruck) took it upon himself to give live updates of key matches the entire weekend. Again, no easy task as the Gcue Billiards was so packed with pool fans, forget about sitting, just finding a place to stand and see was hard enough.

1300+ posts and over 20,000+ hits on Ray?s thread about the Open. If Bigtruck doesn?t have the worst case of carpal tunnel syndrome after this weekend, something is really wrong! Ray, I hear soaking your hands in ice water helps.

Friday evening: Player?s meeting at 10:00 p.m. Brackets were posted at 12:30 a.m.

Except for stepping out for a bite to eat, Ray and Melinda were there the whole way!!!!!

Sunday evening, I told Lewis (ironman) how fortunate we are to have the four main Tour and Tournament directors in Texas, Paul (Stones) and Lewis (ironman)- Fast Eddie?s Olhausen 9 Ball Tour, Melinda (akaTrigger) - OB Cues Ladies Tour and Ray(Bigtruck) ? Waco Monthly Tounament that are good friends and can work together so well.

You can thank akaTrigger and Bigtruck for the great coverage of the event on AZbilliards (A little rep would be nice!) because they did this out of love for the game.

Stones

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
I wish I could give you guys more rep... too bad I've already done so and still need to spread some around. Don't forget that between all of this, both Ray and Melinda were playing matches as well! Thanks again guys and see you both soon!

bullshooter69

Dirt Road Player
Silver Member
Thanks Everyone

Stones said:

Stones
Couldn"t have said it any better myself. Thanks to everyone for running a fine tournament. The play-by-play was an added bonus. Plenty of hard work by all. Thanks to everyone involved. :) :) :) :)

shayla

BODY - MIND - SOUL
Silver Member
Paul, Lewis, Melinda and Ray definitely did an awesome job all weekend! They were always busy doing something!

Thanks for all of your hard work!

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Team effort!

The were several other who also got on board with reporting that also should be recognized:

My Nguyen az Samiel
Joe Morin az MorinJ29
az Trendkill (introduced himself but I didn't take my Ghinko)
Sang Lau az Dragon Cue

All these guys reported on several matches and I really appreciate them too!!

It was very cool for us as well!! We could keep up with other matches while reporting another!!

No one has mentioned it so far so I will! G-cues is a tough venue and they certainly have their obstacles, but guys.......without G-cues supplying WIFI, none of this thread would be getting typed.

Gary & Kevin Welling.............Thank You!!

Ray

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Ahh... shucks :)

Stones said:
<snip>....You can thank akaTrigger and Bigtruck for the great coverage of the event on AZbilliards (A little rep would be nice!) because they did this out of love for the game.

Stones

You don't owe us nothing, Paul! We were glad to help - we appreciate the fans and wanted to provide an experience of being "right there" if they couldn't.

I simply do it all for the love of the game. But I must say, b/c you and Lewis run a great ship :bow-down: , I love to help and be right next to you guys.

Glad I have my new camera so I can showcase some good shots of the players. :) I have learned that not only do the fans like the photos, but the players themselves appreciate their own photos. It's nice to hear or see when the players make comments about their photos. I hear about people taking their photo from the gallery and putting them on their myspace page, which makes me smile. Or when I see a photo of them I took becomes their avatar, it just makes my day. That's when I know THEY love the game as much as we do. :thumbup:

I know Ray and I got under you and Lewis' feet at times b/c of the small space we had to use our laptops, and we apologize for that.

We all 4 compliment each other well (well, except Lewis who is a pain in my side - j/k!). I am glad to know each of you!

I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend thanks to EVERYONE who was there and online. (and was glad to get in the money to boot!) :) :dance:

P.S. Starting this thread was very nice of you, Paul!

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Bigtruck said:
The were several other who also got on board with reporting that also should be recognized:

My Nguyen az Samiel
Joe Morin az MorinJ29
Sang Lau az Dragon Cue

It was very cool for us as well!! We could keep up with other matches while reporting another!!

No one has mentioned it so far so I will! G-cues is a tough venue and they certainly have their obstacles, but guys.......without G-cues supplying WIFI, none of this thread would be getting typed.

Ray
Ray (Bigtruck), Melinda (aka Trigger), and all of the people you listed above have received rep for reporting the tournament (I saw first hand the hard work and dedication it took).

Rep also given to Paul (Stones) and Lewis (Ironman) for all that they have done for Texas pool and for the great job they did as usual at this event.

A big thank you to all of you, and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say it was and is greatly appreciated. It was also a pleasure to meet those that I had not met before, as well as seeing old friends. With a full field, 6+ people reporting the tournament, and a top notch tournament staff, we sure know how to do it right in Texas. Kudos!

morinj29

Banned
Thanks!

Bigtruck said:

My Nguyen az Samiel
Joe Morin az MorinJ29
Sang Lau az Dragon Cue

Ray

Thanks for the shout out Ray! I had a great time and will see you in San Antonio for the next tournament!

morinj29

Banned
good times

akaTrigger said:
We all 4 compliment each other well (well, except Lewis who is a pain in my side - j/k!). I am glad to know each of you!

a thorn in your side is a understatement....haha only kidding:thumbup:

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
akaTrigger said:
You don't owe us nothing, Paul! We were glad to help - we appreciate the fans and wanted to provide an experience of being "right there" if they couldn't.

I simply do it all for the love of the game. But I must say, b/c you and Lewis run a great ship :bow-down: , I love to help and be right next to you guys.

Glad I have my new camera so I can showcase some good shots of the players. :) I have learned that not only do the fans like the photos, but the players themselves appreciate their own photos. It's nice to hear or see when the players make comments about their photos. I hear about people taking their photo from the gallery and putting them on their myspace page, which makes me smile. Or when I see a photo of them I took becomes their avatar, it just makes my day. That's when I know THEY love the game as much as we do. :thumbup:

I know Ray and I got under you and Lewis' feet at times b/c of the small space we had to use our laptops, and we apologize for that.

I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend thanks to EVERYONE who was there and online. (and was glad to get in the money to boot!) :) :dance:

P.S. Starting this thread was very nice of you, Paul!

Why single me out? I was the only one there who really likes you. But you know, JH, I love ya more than bowling!!!

swrooster

A HOTDOG ROAD PLAYER!!
Silver Member
Thanks

shayla said:
Paul, Lewis, Melinda and Ray definitely did an awesome job all weekend! They were always busy doing something!

Thanks for all of your hard work!
Thanks to all you guys who kept it going. Without your work and enthusisam this would be just another broke down non attended event with more bellyachers than participants. Gary, Lewis, Paul, Ray, Melinda and the others I didn't meet, Thanks Again. Next year I'm sending my entry in early. And thanks to Doug for cleaning my clock so good that I can now tell time accurately in six different time zones.@#*&%$#@

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Bigtruck said:

My Nguyen az Samiel
Joe Morin az MorinJ29
Sang Lau az Dragon Cue

Ray

Ditto!!

We did have several helpers (mentioned above), including Poolplaya9! Of course Lewis and Paul, too. :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone. And I was even able to be on the Sang's webcam! <yep, I almost broke it>