Billiard Congress of America Chief Executive Officer Rob Johnson Set To Step Down

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Longtime Billiard Congress of America Chief Executive Officer Rob Johnson has announced his plans to step down at the end of March 2023. As a result, the Billiard Congress of America Board of Directors is pleased to announce current Vice President of Operations Shane Tyree will succeed Johnson as CEO. Johnson will remain with the association in a consultancy role, working closely with Tyree in his role as CEO, as the organization continues on its mission to promote the industry and support its membership.

Go to post

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Shane Tyree is the perfect choice to take over the reins, but he steps in at a time when the BCA Rankings have become a joke.

The BCA rankings, at present, are too dependent on performance in the newfangled race to four ten ball events and penalize the many who often prefer not to compete in them like Josh Filler (BCA rank #15) and SVB (BCA ranked below #15). Similarly, the BCA rankings misrepresent the pedigree of a player like Bader Al-Awadhi, #59 in the World 9-ball rankings, listed at BCA #9.

Shane has American pool's best interests at heart and will steer the ship that is the BCA with vision and passion, but as America's representative to the WPA, I hope he'll help WPA to reconcile with Matchroom's plan for the growing globalization of pool as he ensures that Americans who compete globally are properly recognized for their overseas accomplishments. I'm betting on him, not against him.

Congratulations to Shane on his appointment, and I wish him luck in dealing with the profound challenges of this watershed moment in the history of our sport.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Shane Tyree is the perfect choice to take over the reins, but he steps in at a time when the BCA Rankings have become a joke.

The BCA rankings, at present, are too dependent on performance in the newfangled race to four ten ball events and penalize the many who often prefer not to compete in them like Josh Filler (BCA rank #15) and SVB (BCA ranked below #15). Similarly, the BCA rankings misrepresent the pedigree of a player like Bader Al-Awadhi, #59 in the World 9-ball rankings, listed at BCA #9.

Shane has American pool's best interests at heart and will steer the ship that is the BCA with vision and passion, but as America's representative to the WPA, I hope he'll help WPA to reconcile with Matchroom's plan for the growing globalization of pool as he ensures that Americans who compete globally are properly recognized for their overseas accomplishments. I'm betting on him, not against him.

Congratulations to Shane on his appointment, and I wish him luck in dealing with the profound challenges of this watershed moment in the history of our sport.
Time for plan B.

bm