Billiards Digest magazine MASTER INDEX anyone?

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just finished speaking with the head of circulation over at Luby Publishing for Billiards Digest magazine to see if they had or knew of a "Master Index" for all 343 issues they've published since that first one in September, 1978. They do not. On both counts. I was told, however, that the publisher himself can most likely recall anything asked of him and tell you which issue to find it in

My question and inquiry for the fine AZB forum members is this: does anyone know of or have created any type of INDEX covering all issues of Billiards Digest over the years? Things anyone interested in pool and billiards history or articles or topics would like to know and be able to go right to that issue for a look....things like the date and year; Vol __, Number __; who or what is on the cover; table of contents; special issue significance; etc.

That sort of thing.

Or any of the other cue sport magazines for that matter....

Would anyone be interested in such a project if one were undertaken by an ambitious member? Or am I one of one on this crazy idea?

K.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
I think it was the 25 anniversary that BG came out with a poster of all their covers. It was very cool.
 
I just finished speaking with the head of circulation over at Luby Publishing for Billiards Digest magazine to see if they had or knew of a "Master Index" for all 343 issues they've published since that first one in September, 1978. They do not. On both counts. I was told, however, that the publisher himself can most likely recall anything asked of him and tell you which issue to find it in

My question and inquiry for the fine AZB forum members is this: does anyone know of or have created any type of INDEX covering all issues of Billiards Digest over the years? Things anyone interested in pool and billiards history or articles or topics would like to know and be able to go right to that issue for a look....things like the date and year; Vol __, Number __; who or what is on the cover; table of contents; special issue significance; etc.

That sort of thing.

Or any of the other cue sport magazines for that matter....

Would anyone be interested in such a project if one were undertaken by an ambitious member? Or am I one of one on this crazy idea?

K.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There will be lots of people who would very much like that information.
They will not pay 8 cents for it though.
 
My question and inquiry for the fine AZB forum members is this: does anyone know of or have created any type of INDEX covering all issues of Billiards Digest over the years?
I don't have what you are asking for, but an index of every article I have written for BD, along with the actual articles, can be found here:

Dr. Dave's "Illustrated Principles" Billiards and Pool Instructional Articles from Billiards Digest magazine

Regards,
Dave

PS: I agree that an index covering all articles in all issues would be a useful thing.
 
I don't have what you are asking for, but an index of every article I have written for BD, along with the actual articles, can be found here:





Regards,

Dave



PS: I agree that an index covering all articles in all issues would be a useful thing.


Thanks for sharing that link, Dave - you have some great material in those issues And your book of course. But the shorter article format is a fabulous read - perfect stuff to take from magazine to the table.

K.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I think it was the 25 anniversary that BG came out with a poster of all their covers. It was very cool.
You mean like this 45th anniversary poster from Playboy composed of Playboy covers? :)

16054761_1_l.jpg
 
I've often thought of doing it but I doubt I ever will now. I MAY be lacking one or two issues.
 
I remember posting a link to such a resource a few years ago. I'm pretty sure that it was of BD's making, too.

I don't remember where or when I posted it, though.


Jeff Livingston
 
I would be interested. I thought of doing this a few years ago, but to include all cue sports publications, and I've started with a list of the ones I have.

Perhaps we could make this a group project, divide and conquer.
 
Back
Top