Black-Balled!

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While looking for pool ball cleaning recommendations, I saw your post from a few years back. You were absolutely right, my thumbs are dead! I don't ever want to polish billiard balls by hand again! The good news is they came out great, first I cleaned each one with rubbing alcohol, and then with Aramith ball polish.

Attachments

• 20170620_155711.jpg
    20170620_155711.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 656
Last edited:

sneakynito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
your balls look great!

could you link to the thread you are referring to? I've been meaning to get this done.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
1) Your 13 ball has a couple of spots on it.

2) Link to the thread, please.

3) Where did you get pool cloth that has that weird square pattern on it?

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) Your 13 ball has a couple of spots on it.

2) Link to the thread, please.

3) Where did you get pool cloth that has that weird square pattern on it?

1. Yes it does. They are actually scratches that won't come out.

2. Give me a min to find it.

3. Not sure if you are being serious, but that's just a kitchen cloth. Lol

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
1. Yes it does. They are actually scratches that won't come out.

2. Give me a min to find it.

3. Not sure if you are being serious, but that's just a kitchen cloth. Lol

1) Meh. Still looks good.

2) Thank you.

3) I wasn't serious. It's a sad commentary on the internet that you should wonder. LOL

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) Meh. Still looks good.

2) Thank you.

3) I wasn't serious. It's a sad commentary on the internet that you should wonder. LOL

I looked for the thread, but couldn't find it. Search for Aramith Ball Cleaner, and you will get plenty of results. But here's exactly what I did. My balls had a ton of small contact marks on them, some clear and some black. I took a cloth and some rubbing alcohol and rubbed each one by hand to remove the marks. This is what took the longest amount of time and the most effort, you really have to rub hard to remove the marks. Then when I had gotten all of the marks off, I put one drop of the Aramith ball cleaner on each ball and polished them. This didn't take nearly as long, maybe 30-45 seconds a ball. After you polish each one, have a clean dry cloth ready to wipe off any excess polish. I wish I had taken a before picture, they were in pretty bad shape. Hope this helps!

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
I also used the method described by Black-Balled. The plastic sandwich bag makes it a lot easier. This was when I was just dragging my Centennials down to the pool hall, not wanting to play with balls that had bbq sauce fingerprints and god-knows-what on them. Now that I have a table at home, I went ahead and made a bucket polisher. My thumbs are thankful.

EDRJR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Magic Eraser

I use a damp Magic Eraser with the Aramith cleaner. You won't have to rub as hard to remove marks. Micro fiber cloths help removal of the dried polish. I wipe most off with one cloth, then a final buff with a second.

MikieG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As though all the ball comments werent sexual.enough, you guys had to elevate it with nuts and a plastic bag!!
Wow.

Charlie Hustle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before I started, I asked my gf if she would help me clean my balls, she said "sure" without hesitation. :wink: