Bludworth Dufferin = Confused

jgroom972

"shootin' from the hip"
A buddy of mine has a Bludworth "Sneaky Pete" that has a very faint Dufferin 19oz at the top of the forearm by the joint collar. Did Bludworth make sneakies from Duffrein house cues?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A lot of cuemakers used Dufferin for stock.
Dufferin, like Pechauer, owned their own forest, and bought exotic wood by the ship load.
What would cost me $40 for a piece of ebony, was costing them two or three dollars.
...they were great for a good cuemaker to convert.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would be surprised at the cheap blanks some cue makers used for sneakies.
Then get $500 plus because of their name.

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Bludworth Sneaky Pete and it played good after I had it repaired, looses ferrule.
I think you can tell Bludworth by his unique joint.
It is not standard

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I've had conversions of Dufferins and valleys from James White, Tim Scruggs, Schick, and a variety of other cuemakers.

Geosnookery

A lot of cuemakers used Dufferin for stock.
Dufferin, like Pechauer, owned their own forest, and bought exotic wood by the ship load.
What would cost me $40 for a piece of ebony, was costing them two or three dollars.
...they were great for a good cuemaker to convert.
I have no idea about ebony but do know maple.

Unlike most woods, quality Canadian maple is as common as sand on the beach. Hundreds of thousands of acres of it.

My father did fine woodworking and could find a piece from his wood pile to make a high end maple guitar neck. In contrast other woods he’d spend a day walking the forest for just ‘the right’ section on a tree.

Anyways, if buying a high end maple cue, the value is in the workmanship of the artisan.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I have no idea about ebony but do know maple.

Unlike most woods, quality Canadian maple is as common as sand on the beach. Hundreds of thousands of acres of it.

My father did fine woodworking and could find a piece from his wood pile to make a high end maple guitar neck. In contrast other woods he’d spend a day walking the forest for just ‘the right’ section on a tree.

Anyways, if buying a high end maple cue, the value is in the workmanship of the artisan.
Now, not readily available .

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Labor shortage
Labor shortage is all over the place.
I heard a radio commercial for Lockheed-Martin that is here in town for truck drivers.
$60K to $80K a year and home every night.
People should be lining up for that kind of money and yet they are on the radio looking for help.
And they are not the only ones doing that on the radio.
A lot of the businesses here have help wanted signs on their doors.
A number of bars and restaurants are cutting hours and some are closing a couple days a week because of the labor shortage.
I work in the flooring business and we are having a hard time getting installers.
A good installer can gross $100K plus a year as a sub contractor,probably net $75K.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Labor shortage is all over the place.
I heard a radio commercial for Lockheed-Martin that is here in town for truck drivers.
$60K to $80K a year and home every night.
People should be lining up for that kind of money and yet they are on the radio looking for help.
And they are not the only ones doing that on the radio.
A lot of the businesses here have help wanted signs on their doors.
A number of bars and restaurants are cutting hours and some are closing a couple days a week because of the labor shortage.
I work in the flooring business and we are having a hard time getting installers.
A good installer can gross $100K plus a year as a sub contractor,probably net $75K.
My mountain man who bought the best maple lumber quit and moved out of Canada.
He said , log workers and drivers from both borders just didn't want to work anymore .

Some restaurants here are now open till 5 PM only .