Bonus Ball is great and all, but......

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
now that players are busy with bonus ball, theres less players in the big tournaments. Alot of pro's arent gonna be at turning stone in 2 weeks, this kinda bums me out. I went to turning stone in sept and it was awesome seeing all the big names, Now im playing in this next one in 2 weeks and the players list isnt as exciting as it was before, seems like bonus ball is taking away from some of the tournaments.

here's the players list for turning stone, missing alot of big names :(
http://joss9balltour.com/

I'm guessing SVB and Decahine really like this tho, alot less competition for these guys :wink:
 
I want to see Christmas Bonus Ball. Everyone wears Santa Suits, you have to make the red then the green ball before making the Bonus Ball which has a bell inside and jingles when it rolls.

I can see it now, the New York Reindeer vs the Chicago Snow Men! Winning team gets a trip to the North Pole.
 
Yawn

I could not even make it 15minutes into the bonus ball video trailer. I'm not including the 15minutes of preface before the games began. It was way to slow and boring of a game to watch. The game takes even less skill to play. Regardless, most of the pool players I have spoken with have the same feelings in regards to the game not only appearing easy but boring. Now before everyone roasts me for speaking my mind, this is MY OPINION and take for just that.
 
If Im not mistaken I read somewhere that Johnny Archer said, "If bonus ball doesnt make it, Im done trying to promote anything new" Pretty much sums it up.
 
If bonus ball makes it some pros will come out better than their years before. All of the BB players will be staying in Vegas. Turning Stone is a $1000 airfare to NY. They get $1000 a week now. When you figure travel, motel, food, entry, and other things they need to pay for they probably would need to be in the top 4 to break even. I'm sure being all together in one place some of them shared the math with the others that didn't get it. If I didn't have a full sponsor that paid for everything, I wouldn't go either. Johnnyt
 
Come on guys....lets stop bashing bonus ball before it even gets here. There will plenty of time to bash it after.
 
Come on guys....lets stop bashing bonus ball before it even gets here. There will plenty of time to bash it after.

I have no problems with bonus ball and it's a great idea. But it's just unfortunate how a lot of top players will be missing from some of these tournaments.

Turning stone is the closest tournament to me where I can see the big names, and now I'm not gonna see a lot of the players I like watching cuz of bonus ball.
 
Bonus Ball Delay

I understand there has been another delay with Bonus Ball until February or March. Brandon Shuff was upset he had given up his Turning Stone spot to play BB and now it was delayed.
 
Sure its great to try something for pool but I can't believe they would schedule BB during the same time as, what I consider the best event going, Turning Stone.

For the entry fee, quality of players and actual payouts, I am not aware of a better event. It gives bums like me a chance to play the top guys at an affordable price. Its a shame.
 
now that players are busy with bonus ball, theres less players in the big tournaments. Alot of pro's arent gonna be at turning stone in 2 weeks, this kinda bums me out. I went to turning stone in sept and it was awesome seeing all the big names, Now im playing in this next one in 2 weeks and the players list isnt as exciting as it was before, seems like bonus ball is taking away from some of the tournaments.

here's the players list for turning stone, missing alot of big names :(
http://joss9balltour.com/

I'm guessing SVB and Decahine really like this tho, alot less competition for these guys :wink:

Much weaker field than usual for sure, but former Turning Stone champions Van Boening, Dechaine, Deuel and Hohmann are all signed up. The eventual champion won't have to apologize to anybody.

Should be a geat event, and a few under-the-radar players may rise to the occasion, which is always exciting to watch.

I don't think the Turning Stone event will lose any of its luster just because of the Bonus Ball players who choose to sit it out.

For those that want to see or compete against all the big names, there's Derby City in late January.
 
I could not even make it 15minutes into the bonus ball video trailer. I'm not including the 15minutes of preface before the games began. It was way to slow and boring of a game to watch. The game takes even less skill to play. Regardless, most of the pool players I have spoken with have the same feelings in regards to the game not only appearing easy but boring. Now before everyone roasts me for speaking my mind, this is MY OPINION and take for just that.

I understand it's your opinion but what exactly about BB is too easy and takes less skill to play?

I mean I actually have put in about an hour playing it both the six pocket version and the three pocket version and I don't find it to be easier than other games particularly. I find that I have to deal with the same types of shots that I do in all other games.
 
Back
Top