Book Finally Coming?

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those of you who wonder why there has been 20 years of bickering and bans on the subject of CTE, here's a great illustration. I've summarized my questions pertaining to Stan's comments on throw in this thread. Each * is a separate post. Then is "Connie's" reply, which sounds an awful lot like Stan's typical replies.

I think I'm asking a pretty straightforward question to try and clear up a glaring contradiction and the answers are either deflections or insults, concluding with a door being slammed. Maybe it is because Stan and/or Connie were teachers for their whole lives that they do not tolerate being questioned?

I have to assume the book was written with a similar amount of clarity.

Mr. White,

Where has all of this physics and science genius crap on AZB gotten YOU in the real world of playing pool? How many large tournaments have you won or placed in over the years? How many tournaments of magnitude have you ever had the nerve to even play in? What is your standing in league play or local stuff or are you just a basement warrior at the table in your house and an internet keyboard forum wizard?

Are any of you as Aiming Police certified as instructors in any recognized professional organizations? How many players have you taught and at what level...beginners, intermediate, very good amateurs, pro level?

PJ has never so much as made one live video in 22 years showing what he's talking about and illustrating it live on the table. But he like all of you are genius keyboard warriors that know more about how to play pool, what's right what's wrong, what works what doesn't work, and the greatest wordsmiths on the planet to denounce everything you don't believe in which is primarily CTE PRO ONE and what Stan teaches.

The big difference between The Aiming Police and Stan is that Stan has written a book, made DVDs, created hundreds of videos on youtube for free, played in major tournaments and events, won tournaments against the best players in the world while working full time as an educator, and has the certification from the PBIA at the highest level. And most importantly Stan has taught players at every level of play including a good number of pro players to include a top USA Mosconi Cup player and other hopefuls for making their first appearance.

So once again, Mr White, what have you done with your life and how have you gotten there? At least make some CTE PRO ONE videos. But we know why not, fear of being exposed and looking like a fool. This is the only thing you have going. To make those on this forum THINK you know what you're talking about as well as being a hot shot player.
You don't and you aren't.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. White,

Where has all of this physics and science genius crap on AZB gotten YOU in the real world of playing pool? How many large tournaments have you won or placed in over the years? How many tournaments of magnitude have you ever had the nerve to even play in? What is your standing in league play or local stuff or are you just a basement warrior at the table in your house and an internet keyboard forum wizard?

Are any of you as Aiming Police certified as instructors in any recognized professional organizations? How many players have you taught and at what level...beginners, intermediate, very good amateurs, pro level?

PJ has never so much as made one live video in 22 years showing what he's talking about and illustrating it live on the table. But he like all of you are genius keyboard warriors that know more about how to play pool, what's right what's wrong, what works what doesn't work, and the greatest wordsmiths on the planet to denounce everything you don't believe in which is primarily CTE PRO ONE and what Stan teaches.

The big difference between The Aiming Police and Stan is that Stan has written a book, made DVDs, created hundreds of videos on youtube for free, played in major tournaments and events, won tournaments against the best players in the world while working full time as an educator, and has the certification from the PBIA at the highest level. And most importantly Stan has taught players at every level of play including a good number of pro players to include a top USA Mosconi Cup player and other hopefuls for making their first appearance.

So once again, what have you done with your lives and how have you gotten there? At least make some videos. But we know why not, fear of being exposed and looking like fools! This is the only thing you have going. To make those on this forum THINK you know what you're talking about and are top players.

Connie Shuffett

Attacking the messenger again...

Let me reply in typical "CTE speak":

I've done many, many good things for pool and this has all been explained a dozen times before.

I chose to pursue a career instead of a game that provides little income. Pretty sure I earn more than SVB.

Speaking of science, a story is that Einstein was shown a German newspaper that claimed "One hundred German physicists claim Einsteins theory of relativity is wrong." Einsteins reply was supposedly, "If I were wrong, it would only take one."

If Stan were correct about the throw issue and CTE, then one response would have been enough, not several pages of obfuscation.

I made my point and will leave it alone.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Attacking the messenger again...

Let me reply in typical "CTE speak":

I've done many, many good things for pool and this has all been explained a dozen times before.

I chose to pursue a career instead of a game that provides little income. Pretty sure I earn more than SVB.

Speaking of science, a story is that Einstein was shown a German newspaper that claimed "One hundred German physicists claim Einsteins theory of relativity is wrong." Einsteins reply was supposedly, "If I were wrong, it would only take one."

If Stan were correct about the throw issue and CTE, then one response would have been enough, not several pages of obfuscation.

I made my point and will leave it alone.

Mr. White,

So once again, Mr. White, what have you done with your life and how have you gotten there? At least make some CTE PRO ONE videos. But we know why not, fear of being exposed and looking like a fool! This is the only thing you have going. To make those on this forum THINK you know what you're talking about as well as being a hot shot player.

Connie Shuffett

Snooker Theory

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. White,

So once again, Mr. White, what have you done with your life and how have you gotten there? At least make some CTE PRO ONE videos. But we know why not, fear of being exposed and looking like a fool! This is the only thing you have going. To make those on this forum THINK you know what you're talking about as well as being a hot shot player.

Connie Shuffett
Can you share Stan's credentials as well as your own, curious how many tournaments you have personally won, as well as Stan.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. White,

Connie Shuffett

You may have a misconception that I'd like to clear up. I don't hate Stan, never did. I don't hope that CTE fails. Stan's record is impressive. He has a lot to be proud of and I wish what he is saying were true. I've said many times that if CTE worked the way he thinks it does I'll buy 100 books and distribute them to everybody I know. Again, Stan has an impressive resume and I wish him (and you) well.

HOWEVER, the reality is that none of us are immune from scrutiny. When someone publishes a scientific paper it is standard for that paper to be peer reviewed before publication. AZ acts as a kind of peer review process. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but I think overall good.

All of the pool players on this and other forums with degrees in science and engineering who have looked into Stan's assertions say that he is mistaken -- not mistaken that his method helps some players improve or that some students aren't enormously happy with what he teaches, but mistaken in what he thinks is going on. The real problem is that the core thing that makes his method work is not some mysterious geometry. It is, most likely, the brain that makes it work out over time.

If you refuse to trust the basic Scientific Method, then you are likely to be arguing with people for decades.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may have a misconception that I'd like to clear up. I don't hate Stan, never did. I don't hope that CTE fails. Stan's record is impressive. He has a lot to be proud of and I wish what he is saying were true. I've said many times that if CTE worked the way he thinks it does I'll buy 100 books and distribute them to everybody I know. Again, Stan has an impressive resume and I wish him (and you) well.

HOWEVER, the reality is that none of us are immune from scrutiny. When someone publishes a scientific paper it is standard for that paper to be peer reviewed before publication. AZ acts as a kind of peer review process. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but I think overall good.

All of the pool players on this and other forums with degrees in science and engineering who have looked into Stan's assertions say that he is mistaken -- not mistaken that his method helps some players improve or that some students aren't enormously happy with what he teaches, but mistaken in what he thinks is going on. The real problem is that the core thing that makes his method work is not some mysterious geometry. It is, most likely, the brain that makes it work out over time.

If you refuse to trust the basic Scientific Method, then you are likely to be arguing with people for decades.

Mr. White,

So once again, Mr. White, what have you done with your life and how have you gotten there? At least make some CTE PRO ONE videos TO SHOW THAT YOU CAN EXPLAIN IT. YOU CAN’T!! But we know why not, fear of being exposed and looking like a fool.This is the only thing you have going. To make those on this forum THINK you know what you're talking about as well as being a hot shot player.

Connie Shuffett

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
When someone publishes a scientific paper it is standard for that paper to be peer reviewed before publication. AZ acts as a kind of peer review process. Sometimes good, sometimes bad, but I think overall good..

Peer review in your case involves other Chemical engineering professionals with higher degrees and years of experience. Those are your peers.

In Stan's case peer review involves pro players and pro instructors who are legitimized through designations, affiliations, and years of experience and success at the highest levels.

AZ is not a peer review especially when 8 or so life long antagonists head up a mission to destroy CTE over two decades. AZ consists basically of pool enthusiasts, not peers.

Some good, some not so good, but a lot who want to get better.

Maybe if you were in a Chemical Engineering forum or career counseling, you could help those poor souls develop into the wealthy man you've become instead of pool playing paupers like SVB.

Stick to what you know best because it isn't CTE or pool in general.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. White,

So once again, Mr. White, what have you done with your life and how have you gotten there? At least make some CTE PRO ONE videos TO SHOW THAT YOU CAN EXPLAIN IT. YOU CAN’T!! But we know why not, fear of being exposed and looking like a fool.This is the only thing you have going. To make those on this forum THINK you know what you're talking about as well as being a hot shot player.

Connie Shuffett

Not sure why you think saying the same thing will put me on my heels. In fact, by your own reasoning you have even less qualifications to comment on CTE. Have you ever picked up a cue? See how silly that argument is? I already know the answer.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure why you think saying the same thing will put me on my heels. In fact, by your own reasoning you have even less qualifications to comment on CTE. Have you ever picked up a cue? See how silly that argument is? I already know the answer.

My role is different than yours and one that’d you’d never understand. I have been married to Stan for 30 years and have supported him positively in every way. I have been a listening board concerning CTE PRO ONE for 15 years. I have been heavily involved in Stan’s book project for the past five years. I am extremely qualified to discuss the topic. And there can be no doubt that Id mop the floor up with you concerning the CTE PRO ONE processes.
I have also been a Mom and a supporting mother to a son that has won seven national championships. And you think I have not earned a right to engage.
Mr. White, you insult me by saying that I have not earned the right to offer input concerning topics that my family has been involved in.

Connie Shuffett

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
Stan’s point is that the CTE over-cut shot line negates the use of the above principles for many, many shot situations.

Stan can’t simplify it any further. If you can’t comprehend it, too bad.

Connie Shuffett
This might be the most obvious falsehood claimed (over and over) for CTE.

If CTE "takes you to a slight over-cut line", then every system/method (and none) also do the same thing - or else we'd all be missing all our cut shots because of throw.

The difference is that CTE is the only one that claims to do it for you.

I can't simplify it any further. If you can't comprehend it...

pj
chgo

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This might be the most obvious falsehood claimed (over and over) for CTE.

If CTE "takes you to a slight over-cut line", then every system/method (and none) also do the same thing - or else we'd all be missing all our cut shots because of throw.

The difference is that CTE is the only one that claims to do it for you.

I can't simplify it any further. If you can't comprehend it...

pj
chgo

What can’t you grasp about the fact the CTE PRO ONE process objectively leads a player to an over-cut shot line? Get over it. It’s true.

Connie Shuffett

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What can’t you grasp about the fact the CTE PRO ONE process objectively leads a player to an over-cut shot line? Get over it. It’s true.

Connie Shuffett

Connie - I'm not trying to criticize anybody in your family. There is much to be admired and proud of. There is just this one little thing about what makes CTE tick. It isn't what Stan thinks it is. Had you been a life long pool player you might recognize that the table cannot tell you where to point the cue in order to pocket balls that are randomly located on the table just because you look at them funny.

If I'm wrong then I'd be happy to admit it. 20+ years of peer review and vetting says otherwise, though. You have absolutely no evidence for your claim other than "Stan says so." That's good enough for you, but not for the rest of the pool world.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Connie - I'm not trying to criticize anybody in your family. There is much to be admired and proud of. There is just this one little thing about what makes CTE tick. It isn't what Stan thinks it is. Had you been a life long pool player you might recognize that the table cannot tell you where to point the cue in order to pocket balls that are randomly located on the table just because you look at them funny.

If I'm wrong then I'd be happy to admit it. 20+ years of peer review and vetting says otherwise, though. You have absolutely no evidence for your claim other than "Stan says so." That's good enough for you, but not for the rest of the pool world.

Regardless of what Stan’s says about throw, it does not change CTE PRO ONE in any kind of way. CTE PRO ONE will continue as is.
Stan defaults to Bob Jewett’s body of understanding concerning throw. What Bob asserts to true can rule.

Connie Shuffett

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
What can’t you grasp about the fact the CTE PRO ONE process objectively leads a player to an over-cut shot line?
What can't you grasp about the fact that every player does that, with or without CTE?

Where's the evidence that CTE "takes you to it"? Where's the evidence that other methods don't?

pj <- clearly don't get that "logic"
chgo

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Regardless of what Stan’s says about throw, it does not change CTE PRO ONE in any kind of way. CTE PRO ONE will continue as is.
Stan defaults to Bob Jewett’s body of understanding concerning throw. What Bob asserts to true can rule.

Connie Shuffett

OK so you default to Bob on throw but will say he is wrong when he says that Stan's method does not automatically take you to the shot line.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What can't you grasp about the fact that every player does that, with or without CTE?

Where's the evidence that CTE "takes you to it"? Where's the evidence that other methods don't?

pj <- clearly don't get that "logic"
chgo

CTE is void of feel/judgement for arriving at the over-cut line.

Other methods are based on the shot line feeling right.

What’s tell-tale is that you’d be lucky to score 20% on an exam that tests the CTE PRO ONE processes, yet you purport to know all about how CTE works. You’re just hanging
your hat on the idea that feel must be involved when, in fact, you don’t really know. You’re just crossing your fingers that a little old country boy can’t know more than the great Majestic Johnson.

Connie Shuffett

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK so you default to Bob on throw but will say he is wrong when he says that Stan's method does not automatically take you to the shot line.

Oh Gosh,

Bob’s throw knowledge and CTE PRO ONE knowledge are two different things.

How could Bob know that without knowing CTE PRO ONE?

Connie Shuffett

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh Gosh,

Bob’s throw knowledge and CTE PRO ONE knowledge are two different things.

How could Bob know that without knowing CTE PRO ONE?

Connie Shuffett

Bob plays billiards at a high level and is an instructor and a physicist.

Stan plays billiards at a high level and is an instructor and a school teacher.

Stan's evidence that his theory is true is "because I think that's what happens and because Hal said it would work on a 2x1 table."

I'll go with the physicist when it comes down to explaining what is possible on the pool table.

justcueit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob plays billiards at a high level and is an instructor and a physicist.

Stan plays billiards at a high level and is an instructor and a school teacher.

Stan's evidence that his theory is true is "because I think that's what happens and because Hal said it would work on a 2x1 table."

I'll go with the physicist when it comes down to explaining what is possible on the pool table.

You, Bob, nor anyone else can refute
Stan’s assertion minus an understanding of the process involved.

What you’re asserting is that an objective over-cut line can’t be true because conventional aiming won’t support it. True. I agree.

But you, for example, are lost when it comes to offset visual alignments and what’s possible or not. So, who are you going to put in the box to explain how one’s vision works with an offset for CTE purposes?

Connie Shuffett

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You, Bob, nor anyone else can refute
Stan’s assertion minus an understanding of the process involved.

What you’re asserting is that an objective over-cut line can’t be true because conventional aiming won’t support it. True. I agree.

But you, for example, are lost when it comes to offset visual alignments and what’s possible or not. So, who are you going to put in the box to explain how one’s vision works with an offset for CTE purposes?

Connie Shuffett

You don't seem to understand the argument. You are saying that because you might live in a house that you designed from the bottom up that you are the only one qualified to state that the house foundation rests on a cloud. None of us knows your house like you do, but those of use with engineering understanding and/or common sense know that a house cannot rest on a cloud. All we're saying is "prove it" and you can't. Instead of considering that maybe, just maybe, you've got something wrong, you choose to adhere to the dogma and lash out at anyone who doesn't take your word for it.

Again, has nothing to do with whether the method "works" or not.