Borana Andoni's video preview

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No

So is the movie going to be free? I am not one to say I am cheap... but, how much is this flick going to set me back?

Actually, we will be charging a small amount. We just haven't really figured out how much yet. The fact is that it was fun to do, but it did cost some money to make it. Also, a lot of players have places on their sites for donations. We thought that since it costs a lot of money to go to tournaments and travel, etc, that Borana and Nes could get some of the money needed for their pool career. Although neither one of them claims to be an actress, they both did a great job and they are hoping that you will think that will be worth the price, or at least consider it a small donation to their cause.

GG11

Kill the Bunny
Silver Member
It's always good to see others trying new ideas in the pool world that could increase the sport's popularity. Kudos to Borana and Nes for trying something new. :)

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
If pool can take part in movies, it would get more popular as a sport.

Well said, but the one thing pool doesn't need is any more exposure as a game for hustlers and gamblers. Competing for, let's say a $50K added tourney makes for a better movie than, "Snake", the backer, hiring his rough and tumble player, "Billy-Ray" to beat you. And of course if you win, Snake and Billy-Ray still try it on in the (as always) dark and gloomy parking lot.

So far, your movie doesn't seem like that. Hopefully it steers away from the same plot most have.

QueenB

Andonteven think about it
Silver Member
Well said, but the one thing pool doesn't need is any more exposure as a game for hustlers and gamblers. Competing for, let's say a $50K added tourney makes for a better movie than, "Snake", the backer, hiring his rough and tumble player, "Billy-Ray" to beat you. And of course if you win, Snake and Billy-Ray still try it on in the (as always) dark and gloomy parking lot.

So far, your movie doesn't seem like that. Hopefully it steers away from the same plot most have.

There is no hustling or gambling... I don't want to do anything like that

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
This was a lot of fun and different to do. We wanted to give the short film a foreign feel to it since both Neslihan and I have a slight accent :).
I also composed two pieces of music which are used in different scenes of the film.

I enjoyed the music in the preview. Is your music similar?

mashokist

to be thorough

Are you going to interview yourself? You have done both the girls, are you going to give us your perspective and thoughts on the film?

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
different kinds

I enjoyed the music in the preview. Is your music similar?

We put in different kinds of music. The music in the preview comes from the movie. We used classical, some old rock, background music, Borana wrote songs and I even wrote and sang a blues song.

Jim

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm thinking about it

Are you going to interview yourself? You have done both the girls, are you going to give us your perspective and thoughts on the film?

I'm thinking about interviewing myself so you know what it was like working on this movie with Borana and Nes. If I do it, it will take a few days though.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
I'm interested in watching how Nes' game is now, haven't seen her play for years. She says she has improved, but is it true? :D Will there be much pool in this video, or will it just be fashion and cute girls? :)

Nes hasn't changed one bit though, still looks like a 10 ;)

jimM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nes

I'm interested in watching how Nes' game is now, haven't seen her play for years. She says she has improved, but is it true? :D Will there be much pool in this video, or will it just be fashion and cute girls? :)

Nes hasn't changed one bit though, still looks like a 10 ;)

I think her game has come up a lot since she has been here. I remember I beat her once in one of the tournaments because she was so tired she couldn't play anymore. But now she seems to be able to play all night and gets better as the night goes on. As far as the movie, there is alot of the story and there is some pool based around the story.
Also, she just had some new pictures taken that will be showing up soon. I can't say where yet.

She was in China and I think she is still in Korea. I will have her come on and talk to everyone when she gets back.

Fleece3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was a lot of fun and different to do. We wanted to give the short film a foreign feel to it since both Neslihan and I have a slight accent :).
I also composed two pieces of music which are used in different scenes of the film.

Good work B, I didn't know you composed music.