Bought an Anniversary, How'd I do?

Mark V

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180456460691&ssPageName=ADME:L:PMR:US:1123

Spoke with the seller before bidding, he said it was in his father's poolroom and was the main action table so it was used far less than the others. Model D-C, it has been recovered 3 times, has everything and everything works, nothing broken, un-restored and in great shape. He has had it in his private residence for some time now. He agreed that when I come to pick it up, we could play some on it, he would help me to break it down, and load it up in to my trailer. I got a good feeling from the seller and he was open about everything.

I have precious little free time so the location of table was important to me, and well as not finding a table that would need a lot of work. With the going price on these tables, I think I got a fair deal if the condition is as stated. I'm picking it up on Wednesday and am pretty excited.

I consider myself a pretty handy person with a toolbox in my hand, but this peach deserves better. After I recover from the $3800 hit, I'm going to get a reputable guy to set it up and tighten the pockets for me. Don't laugh when I post pics with a home Depot shop light hanging over it (for now).

Dartman

Silver Member
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180456460691&ssPageName=ADME:L:PMR:US:1123

Spoke with the seller before bidding, he said it was in his father's poolroom and was the main action table so it was used far less than the others. Model D-C, it has been recovered 3 times, has everything and everything works, nothing broken, un-restored and in great shape. He has had it in his private residence for some time now. He agreed that when I come to pick it up, we could play some on it, he would help me to break it down, and load it up in to my trailer. I got a good feeling from the seller and he was open about everything.

I have precious little free time so the location of table was important to me, and well as not finding a table that would need a lot of work. With the going price on these tables, I think I got a fair deal if the condition is as stated. I'm picking it up on Wednesday and am pretty excited.

I consider myself a pretty handy person with a toolbox in my hand, but this peach deserves better. After I recover from the $3800 hit, I'm going to get a reputable guy to set it up and tighten the pockets for me. Don't laugh when I post pics with a home Depot shop light hanging over it (for now).

Looks good from the pics. You might consider calling Mark Gregory in the Atlanta area
to do the setup. He's listed in the mechanics directory.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Looks good from the pics. You might consider calling Mark Gregory in the Atlanta area
to do the setup. He's listed in the mechanics directory.

I'll second that...that is a first class table and should have a first class mechanic work on it:thumbup:

sjb

evolving player
Silver Member
Sounds teriffic. I won't laugh. I had a shop light hanging over mine for a while. Congrats!

Mark V

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This table plays good! It really plays just as good, if not better than a GCIV. I certainly like the rail design better.

Picked it up today; all the rails are alive and well (Brunswick superspeed cushions), the ball return is fast and quiet, and the woodwork is better than average. Overall, the table has some spots that will take very little work to get it looking great. Only part I don't like are the dents in the formica rails, that I can really do nothing about other than replacing the rails. I plan to just enjoy it in the shape it's in for now, and I'll worry about restoration years down the line.

Pics to come.

Last edited:

Mark V

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did some good work on the table yesterday, and am going to tackle the ball box today (it is pretty beat up). Most of the skirts were in good shape, no broken wood, but lots of scratches. I was afraid I would have to sand and refinish, but I found a finish restorer that did a really great job. The woodwork doesn't look fresh from the factory, but it is a whole lot better than it was.

01232010283-1.jpg

This is one of the foot skirts before:

01232010255.jpg

01232010256.jpg

and after:

01232010257.jpg

Again, not perfect but for 5 minutes worth of my time, pretty darn good.

Mark V

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's some of the side skirts with the same treatment:

01232010270.jpg

Cleaned up the rail counters:

01232010279.jpg

Not bad for an unrestored table and not a bad day's work.

Mark V

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Table's all set up, and plays good. Pockets tightened to 4 1/4", Simons 860, new Superspeeds, like new Centennial TV balls, and Brunswick extra capacity drop pockets. I'll get better pictures when I get funds to put up a light. The wood and metal facings are really in great shape for having never been restored.

02102010312.jpg

02102010314.jpg

02112010322.jpg

02112010323.jpg

OTLB

Banned
its nice for sure, but as my friend Scruffy will tell you, it isn't the best. Antique tables have some of the best inlaid nameplates you have never seen. Hand made works of Art.

This one is very nice though

nice job on shrinking the pockets!

Last edited: