Bowman vs SVB

GoBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I understand that, to an extent. Sure, Larry is great, but he's not any of the top pros, who DO make a profit from these events. I was just blasting your point about how great Jesse is and how he doesn't attend major events because of "equity."

Hotel at the venue - $50/night (6 nights = $300)
Food = For 6 days? $30/day = $180
Flight back to ... Florida (for Corey Deuel) = $150-200

He made almost $4,000 from just 10-ball. That's ~$4,000 - 300 - 180 - 200 = $3,320 ... I don't think he's complaining about that. That's still ~28-30 buyins. This is a standard

I guess it really depends on if you live close to venues and how far away you are from international airports that can fly you places for cheap. (ie. Southwest for $59).

If Jesse was that amazing, he'd be out there doing those things. I'm just pointing that clearly SVB is the favorite here. In any game on any table against him.

These numbers are all wrong sir. The flights for larry were $659.00 round trip. If cory found a great deal it wasn't $150 or $200.00. I spend months at a time in Vegas and there is no way you can eat for $30.00 a day and He got $2600.00 for second place. Other than that you are right......Except for all of it..

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
These numbers are all wrong sir. The flights for larry were $659.00 round trip. If cory found a great deal it wasn't $150 or $200.00. I spend months at a time in Vegas and there is no way you can eat for $30.00 a day and He got $2600.00 for second place. Other than that you are right......Except for all of it..

forgot entry fees and quarters. :D

Ray

GoBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
forgot entry fees and quarters. :D

Ray

Yea exactly. Guys dont know what its like to be out on the road doing this stuff. I think they want to believe what they are saying. In their mind, thier heros are rich and making a fortune at pool. Not trying to dog anyone here but I been there and done that way too much to be hoodwinked. You have to take an Honest look at expenses for everything. Yes even for the Top Top players without sponsorship these events are -ROI. you dont have to like it or even agree but its fact.

9ball mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There u go with more stupidity. I wont give you back the weight that is already built into the match, Plus the bonus games offered in the action room, so I must not beleive in him. LOL!!!!!!

From What I see in the action room the line is Jeese +4 +120 or Jeese +5 even. Why would I bet any different than that?

Like I previously stated there is a big difference in the talent between these 2. That is why he is getting 3 on the wire and 4 or 5 in the action room. You come on here talking like what I said is stupid but it looks like the even betting line is Jesse getting 25% of the games on the wire. So you tell me who sounds stupid. I stated I would bet that Jesse doesn't win as many games as Shane because I 100% believe that Jesse is outclassed in this match, and obviously you do too if you wont bet without getting games on the wire.

GoBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Like I previously stated there is a big difference in the talent between these 2. That is why he is getting 3 on the wire and 4 or 5 in the action room. You come on here talking like what I said is stupid but it looks like the even betting line is Jesse getting 25% of the games on the wire. So you tell me who sounds stupid. I stated I would bet that Jesse doesn't win as many games as Shane because I 100% believe that Jesse is outclassed in this match, and obviously you do too if you wont bet without getting games on the wire.

I can barely follow your logic. When you said "who is the idiot who thinks jesse had a chance" or whatever.....He was already getting the 3 games. so I guess everyone knew that but you. Or maybe the 3 games are part of why he thinks he can win. Whatever. I'm takin everything they will give me and you can get some too. But I would have to be an idiot not to take all that is offered in terms of weight.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
reminder

You can watch both here.

I would like to announce that, in conjunction with John Stitch of he MPA, this match will air on a Multi Viewer channel on PoolActionTV.

This will allow everyone who is watching the Louisiana Bar Table Championship to enjoy this match as well without any special technical knowledge.

If Jesse catches a gear, he can definitely beat Shane. This match won't take long either if Jesse gets out in the open.

Ray

Instruction_zpsd54f7686.png

DualViewer_zpsd12437ff.png

Woof Biscuit

and gravy
Silver Member
Can anyone tell me what does it mean "3 on the wire" :sorry:
thanks,

That means that Jesse only has to get to 17 in a race to 20 (20-3=17). The term comes from the wire above a lot of tables that have the beeds on them. If you get "3 on the wire", that means you get to move 3 beads on the wire to your side.

r9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I realize a lot of tourneys going to alternate break to try and even things out and make better(?), longer matches. I personally don't like it, even if I am not the favorite by a little or a lot. It doesn't bother me if someone runs a string of racks on me. With 2 players like this, I would much rather see winner break to see some great strings of racks. But that's just me.

GoBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One other thing you all might want to know. There are no gimick racks. They are racking for each other and a regular wood rack will be used.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The spot!

3 on the wire to 20, rotate breaks is a huge spot for Bowman, if Jesse can win the first few games, he will have a lock with 3 to 20 and rotating breaks! If SVB wins here he is out running the NUTS!

pipefitter25

Registered
both are capable of stringing a dozen racks together im sure thats why its alternate break. also neither one wants the other to get instroke. Either one gets instroke they are like a freight train that cant be stopped

TCo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Valley table and alt breaks - it may become a breaking contest the way both can run thru a rack with massive pockets.

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
• John Henderson vs Chris Swart is playing one pocket for the cash. Don't know any other particulars -- tune in!
• FREE Stream Link: www.upstateal.com

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It's happening!

Now that's ACTION.

Poster is kinda funny. Looks like Jesse watching Shane shoot which is what it might end up being.

I don't think Jesse needs any games on the wire though. He is triple tough on the barbox.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel like I'm missing something. What time does this match start? I thought 8pm est no?

Any info would be great.

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT