BRIDGE LENGTH Effects and Considerations

rharm

Registered
How is intuition more accurate than guessing? Is there a measurement that can be taken or used to determine intuition from one person to another? Is there a way to determine how intuition plays a role in any specific shot? Can intuition for one person be needed on certain aspects of pool while another needs zero intuition because they just know what to do, what to see, and how to do it from experience?

I guess you're way too much of a newbie to know what he and his compadres have in the way of an agenda against me and other top instructors and pool players. Yes, he and they do.

You joined here 2 whopping years ago and seem to know all there is to know with 265 posts. I joined in 2006. Seek and Yee shall find. There's more information than you'll need. Only 13,465 posts.
What's his agenda against you?

Monti

How is intuition more accurate than guessing? Is there a measurement that can be taken or used to determine intuition from one person to another? Is there a way to determine how intuition plays a role in any specific shot? Can intuition for one person be needed on certain aspects of pool while another needs zero intuition because they just know what to do, what to see, and how to do it from experience?

I guess you're way too much of a newbie to know what he and his compadres have in the way of an agenda against me and other top instructors and pool players. Yes, he and they do.

You joined here 2 whopping years ago and seem to know all there is to know with 265 posts. I joined in 2006. Seek and Yee shall find. There's more information than you'll need. Only 13,465 posts.
so the more posts you write, the more you should be listened to?!
Hmm!!
Let’s hope Josh Filler or Someone similar doesn’t join and write one post then as we should definitely ignore that and keep listening to people like justnum instead!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
so the more posts you write, the more you should be listened to?!
Hmm!!
Let’s hope Josh Filler or Someone similar doesn’t join and write one post then as we should definitely ignore that and keep listening to people like justnum instead!
You have freedom of choice to read or not read any member or subject matter on here. We all have the option to not read anything a specific individual writes in a post or thread by clicking a single word, IGNORE. I've just taken that option. You have now been vaporized which means I'll never see anything you post. Adios...

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Although it was not the main topic of the video, I really appreciated the section on how speed and distance affects "net cb deviation", when the OB was frozen to the end rail and you were hitting it full. I know you had that covered in many other videos/papers over the years. It was nice to see it again (as a refresher) in once concise place.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just watched this. I liked it quite a bit. Thanks for the nice video.

Thank you for the comments, and you're welcome.

Also thanks for this clip! How people are not screaming up and down to Diamond to fix their rails is beyond me.

The first time I saw how bouncy most Diamond tables played, and how much shorter they kicked/banked as compared to all other existing brands (see Diamond tables banking short), I was shocked. I couldn't believe they would create something so different from everything else. Other than that, Diamond tables have excellent quality and are easy to level perfectly, and since they have been used so much in pro tournaments over the years (due to their smart marketing), Diamond tables are considered the "new standard" by many. I'm glad to see that the competing brands today have tables that play more "traditionally."

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Although it was not the main topic of the video, I really appreciated the section on how speed and distance affects "net cb deviation", when the OB was frozen to the end rail and you were hitting it full. I know you had that covered in many other videos/papers over the years. It was nice to see it again (as a refresher) in once concise place.

Thanks again. It is hard to believe so many people can think the "CB deflection problem" can be solved by a CF shaft or pure BHE. I hope those people watch the Natural Pivot Length section of the video.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Thanks again. It is hard to believe so many people can think the "CB deflection problem" can be solved by a CF shaft
Agreed.
or pure BHE. I hope those people watch the Natural Pivot Length section of the video.
What is pure BHE? What are you referring to, pre-stroke pre-set or dynamically during the stroke? Once again, you are
using and demonstrating huge backhand pivots which will in fact produce negative results. As I said previously, the tip of
your cue on many shots is close to the miscue line.
What you are NOT demonstrating is how a backhand pivot can be used for BOTH the aiming process and spin which does in fact produce excellent results for pocketing balls and spin if needed. It's measured incrementally for different angles and targets on the OB.

Last edited:

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
What is pure BHE? What are you referring to, pre-stroke pre-set or dynamically during the stroke?

"Pure BHE" means the cue is pivoted (before or during the stroke, intentionally or not) with the bridge hand still, moving the back hand only.

Monti

You have freedom of choice to read or not read any member or subject matter on here. We all have the option to not read anything a specific individual writes in a post or thread by clicking a single word, IGNORE. I've just taken that option. You have now been vaporized which means I'll never see anything you post. Adios...
That is excellent and it makes me feel even better knowing you won’t be reading this reply!
I was not abusive, vitriolic or anything towards you. I rebutted what you said and because you couldn’t, intelligently calmly enter into a discourse about it, you threw your toys out of the pram- love it!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
"Pure BHE" means the cue is pivoted (before or during the stroke, intentionally or not) with the bridge hand still, moving the back hand only.
OK, we agree on that. During the stroke should realistically only be done by someone that has a very good stroke to begin with, as well as excellent coordination through practice and under the gun.
What should one look for before the stroke to line up the cue to CB to OB? Contact points? What?

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
What should one look for before the stroke to line up the cue to CB to OB? Contact points? What?

… whatever works best for the individual; although, as you know, I recommend people follow the “best practices” that most top players follow:

That is excellent and it makes me feel even better knowing you won’t be reading this reply!
I was not abusive, vitriolic or anything towards you. I rebutted what you said and because you couldn’t, intelligently calmly enter into a discourse about it, you threw your toys out of the pram- love it!
The real crazy is that he doesn't really block anyone. He just keeps a list taped to the side of his screen to make sure he's not responding to the people he's claimed to block.

The CTE people are just super angry. Go watch the cue case guy's videos. He's real mad about it, too.

SeniorTom

I suspect misses probably involve things other than bridge length. See:

I agree. For me, who uses an open Bridge most of the time, probably a little lateral movement in my arm stroke. In League Play the other night, I won three of four games from some pretty good players. Although, the game I lost I had a 10-ft shot on the 8 ball to win that game. I attribute that to a little error in my stroke caused by lack of focus. It was as if my mind was elsewhere when I actually took the shot, strangely enough. In your video, right off the bat, you mentioned focusing and good pre shot routine, and good stroke, and I think the focusing part took me right out of my shot. A 10-ft straight in shot on the 8 ball, and I missed it! That just grinds me, to lose a game I worked so hard throughout and basically had a lapse in my focus as the cause.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
If you really know what you're doing based on knowledge, experience, and mega repetition for success, FEEL/INTUITION/GUESSING/ plays no role at all.
If you really knew what you were talking about, you wouldn't still be making this mistake. Feel/intuition (not "guessing") is part of just about every pool shot by every player, whether they/you know it or not. It's most of what's learned by practicing.

pj
chgo