Broken Instroke case latch

Jigger

Lets Roll....(...(..(.(O
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I've searched the forums considerably and can't find the address and/or phone # John Barton has suggested for the repair/replacement of a broken twisty latch. Can the new "diamond latch" be ordered?

Tried to PM John B but he has his space maxed out on AZB.

Any suggestions?

Thanks alot -

FAST_N_LOOSE

<--THE AMAZING JESSE JANE
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
557   0   0
Jigger said:
I've searched the forums considerably and can't find the address and/or phone # John Barton has suggested for the repair/replacement of a broken twisty latch. Can the new "diamond latch" be ordered?

Any suggestions?

Thanks alot -

FIND A TANDY LEATHER GOODS STORE. THEY HAVE THE SAME LATCH.

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I've had this happen many times and just shipped to Case back to
Instroke for FREE repair and return shipping ...

It's possible they are no longer in business, or do not offer this
level of customer service any longer ...

Worth checking into though ...

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Jigger said:

Any suggestions?

Thanks alot -

Last I remember their service center was in MO. and they would replace the inferior latch with the improved "diamond" latch for $25.

pooldawg8

My Pride and Joy
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1206   0   0
Str8PoolPlayer said:
I've had this happen many times and just shipped to Case back to
Instroke for FREE repair and return shipping ...

It's possible they are no longer in business, or do not offer this
level of customer service any longer ...

Worth checking into though ...

I would have to 2nd that. I also had some issues with an instroke case
a few years ago (broken strap). I sent it back to instroke and they just sent me a brand new case. I would check into this you never know. Jeff

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Instroke

Does anyone know if some of the Instroke cases didn't have a name plate on them? I have one with the same broken latch problem. Im almost positive it's an Instroke. Maybe I could post up some pics. If there is anything specific I should take pics of please let me know. Thanks for any input.

John Barton

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
cyrex said:
Does anyone know if some of the Instroke cases didn't have a name plate on them? I have one with the same broken latch problem. Im almost positive it's an Instroke. Maybe I could post up some pics. If there is anything specific I should take pics of please let me know. Thanks for any input.

No. During the time I owned Instroke not one single Instroke-branded case was made without the name tag on it.

The only exception to this was the Excalibur cases - but they were also branded with the Instroke tag inside the lid on the back of the case.

There have been lots of copies. There have been some private label cases that were done by Instroke but these only carry whatever guarantee that the distributer offered for them.

Frank's Center is who you need to go to with Instroke issues. www.frankscenterinc.com