Brunswick Centennial VS Simonis Felt?

westclox

Registered
Hi I am a beginner 2 pool tables. I just bought a Gold Crown III. I will need to change the felt. Which felt is better for this table. I appreciate the help. Thanks!

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I have the Brunswick Centennial cloth on my table and I'm not overly fond of it. It plays fast, and is sensitive to lint, chalk on the cloth (as far as balls not rolling smoothly over these conditions). It is durable and fairly consistent with humidity changes, but I personally would put Simonis 860HR on your GCIII. Just my $.02.

BTW, welcome to the forums!!!

Maniac

Last edited:

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I've got Simonis 860 tourney blue installed on my 9 footer and am looking to put the same on my recently purchased bar box. Though I am curious about the 860 HR, I will likely just choose the regular 860, as I am a bit gun shy to change up with no opportunity to try the HR first before purchasing.

I can say that the normal 860 plays and wears great. Mine is about 4 years old now (and has been heavily played on) and is just now causing me to consider replacing it in a couple of months. I also like the tourney blue, as I do think it is easier on the eyes.

If I were you, I would make sure that whatever you pick, that it is worsted clolth.

Congrats on your purchase and good luck. Welcome to the forum by the way...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Simonis 860 is a winner.

And, they are a great and consistent sponsor of our sport.

They have been making pool cloth since the middle ages. :D

And I, too, welcome you to the forum.

Best,
Brian kc

westclox

Registered
Thanks!

Thanks everybody for your response. This should help a whole lot. Sounds pretty obvious that mostly everybody prefers the Simonis. What is the difference between the 760, 860, 860HR Cloth????????

jalapus logan

Silver Member
Thanks everybody for your response. This should help a whole lot. Sounds pretty obvious that mostly everybody prefers the Simonis. What is the difference between the 760, 860, 860HR Cloth????????

760 plays faster than 860. 860 was developed specifically for the game of 9 ball. Regular 860 has 90/10 wool/nylon blend. 860 HR (HR is for High Resistance) has 70/30 wool/nylon blend. Read all about it here.

Last edited:

jalapus logan

Silver Member
I usually just play regular 8 ball? Sometimes I play 9 ball but for the most 8ball. Which one is better?

In my opinion, can't go wrong with 860. You're more likely to encounter that more in a tourney environment anyway.