Brunswick cue ID

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked this cue up the other day and am curious If anyone has any idea how old it might be and maybe what the value might be as well.

I know the pictures aren't great, and if that turns out to be a huge issue I can take new ones and repost. I am unable to determine the point wood, though it does look somewhat like purple heart.

This cue might also end up in the for sale section, so feel free to shoot me a pm if you want more/better pictures. It seems like it could be a great candidate for a conversion, but I don't know enough to be sure.

Oo, and this is my first post in a while, life has been pretty hectic lately since getting custody of my 4 y/o and everything else.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309157978.308401.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309157978.308401.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 337
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309157992.473639.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309157992.473639.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 345
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309158032.542267.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309158032.542267.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 345

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Couple of more pics that I forgot to attach.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309158548.078937.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309158548.078937.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 363
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309158558.380639.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309158558.380639.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 353

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
I picked this cue up the other day and am curious If anyone has any idea how old it might be and maybe what the value might be as well.

I know the pictures aren't great, and if that turns out to be a huge issue I can take new ones and repost. I am unable to determine the point wood, though it does look somewhat like purple heart.

This cue might also end up in the for sale section, so feel free to shoot me a pm if you want more/better pictures. It seems like it could be a great candidate for a conversion, but I don't know enough to be sure.

Oo, and this is my first post in a while, life has been pretty hectic lately since getting custody of my 4 y/o and everything else.

Thanks in advance for the help.

This cue is the cheapest cue Brunswick ever made. These cue were built with those trying to save a $1 in mind. The cues are a solid piece of Maple that has been painted the color it is including the cues points. They are worth very little today, however, if it is straight it can be turned down for a shaft or you can have it converted into a Sneaky Pete, however, in most cases the even the Maple used was low quality and they warped.

Take Care

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
This cue is the cheapest cue Brunswick ever made. These cue were built with those trying to save a $1 in mind. The cues are a solid piece of Maple that has been painted the color it is including the cues points. They are worth very little today, however, if it is straight it can be turned down for a shaft or you can have it converted into a Sneaky Pete, however, in most cases the even the Maple used was low quality and they warped.

Take Care
Never knew that "purpleheart" is a paint color.

Learned something new today.

Thanks Craig. :thumbup:

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Never knew that "purpleheart" is a paint color.

Learned something new today.

Thanks Craig. :thumbup:

Dave, while it looks like purple heart in the photo it is actually more red in color. I made the mistake and purchased some of these awhile back for conversion, to say the least I was very disappointed when they arrived.

If you look at the photo's of the cue above, where ever there is a chip in the colored area you can see a white color that is the Maple beneath the paint or dye.

Take care Dave.

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds good. Thank you all the input. I got the cue for free, and I'll probably just use it as decor of some kind. I got it at a pawn shop and bought a callaway driver for 50 bucks and got them to throw it in because it looked pretty cool, and it was an old Brunswick. Thought it "could" be worth something, so I figured wth, I'll give it a shot.

It'll sit nicely in my garage on the wall next to the Jeanette Lee framed glove I have. :)

Spyral7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interestingly though, the cue is straight. Just went and looked at it.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I will buy these old cues anytime I find them....as long as there not more then $15 and the label is excellent condition.

Craig is correct about fake points and warping. I like the way the old labels look on the rack:cool:.

Attachments

• rsz_31175.jpg
    rsz_31175.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 259