Brunswick Gold Crown VI (Tournament Edition)

AustinPlayer

After having lived with a new Brunswick Gold Crown VI (Tournament Edition) for approximately a year I wanted to provide feedback on what was not a cheap investment.

The table plays OK overall and has remained true. The Simonis 860 cloth is holding up well. I have found the Tournament Edition is essential purely for the smaller (4.5”) pockets.

The issue with the table is in the fit and finish and overall quality of components. As you can see from the photographs below the pockets don’t align and are actually sharp, you have to be careful not to cut your hand if dragging across the pocket. This also impairs the ability to place the cue to play on the rail or near the pocket when playing. Multiple pockets show poor fit as shown. The gully system has issues, balls intermittently fall out of the table on one pocket and stick in two others. Since having the table a number of nuts and bolts have randomly fallen out of the table…. Obviously this isn’t what anyone would find reasonable for such an expensive band new table.

Clearly many of the issues are associated with the table setup and installation, however I do question the overall design of the pocket that even allows that to be an issue. In general, the table feels of cheaper construction materials, perhaps that due to it now being manufactured in China.

Overall I’d say that this table is a pretty average and massively overpriced compared for example to the price of a new Diamond Pro Am. I don’t recommend this table for the money.

room.jpg
pockets.jpg
sharp.jpg
bolts.jpg

Last edited:

gazman100

Brunswick Gold Crowns - Qld Australia
Silver Member
Would some of the issues be due to how the table was installed by the installer.
Nuts and bolts coming loose.
In your 3rd image the fit is a shocker. Can you loosen the side casting bolts and push it down.
Thanks for posting :)

AustinPlayer

It is a bit of a shocker! I likely would struggle with the side casting bolts but hopefully the company I hired to come fix it up won't.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
About a year ago or so, I posted my review of a GC6 I looked at here in New Orleans. I saw some of the problems you have posted. I also mentioned the fact that I was afraid of cutting my hand on the castings. As for the looks of Gold Crowns it doesn’t get any better than the black GC4.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
About a year ago or so, I posted my review of a GC6 I looked at here in New Orleans. I saw some of the problems you have posted. I also mentioned the fact that I was afraid of cutting my hand on the castings. As for the looks of Gold Crowns it doesn’t get any better than the black GC4.
I saw a Black Crown 4 with a silver cloth at a Home Show in the mid 90’s. It brought tears to my eyes.

sellingboe

I was very close to getting a matte black tournament GC6 until I saw it close up. Aside from the pocket shields looking ridiculous the skirts and legs are anything but beautiful materials. The table is anything but a wow. The fit and finish was not impressive. Personally it looks like a $5000 table. I went with a Diamond Professional and that was my 3rd choice. I’m sorry to read your review but not surprised. However make it right and enjoy it.
How are you liking it so far? Everything you expected?

Nyquil

Congrats on the new table. For me I don't like the corners, easy to scratch stuff on. Pro am all day imo. Good luck on getting your issues sorted

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Your pocket liners fit with a similar gap as the ones on my GC4. It's wild.

That's a good looking GC there though sir.
imgonline-com-ua-CompressToSize-4suZStaUwoAGBhE.jpg

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Agreed on the installation being unacceptable. I have another company coming to fix it. General quality also isn't great unfortunately.
I work directly with Brunswick and I sell & install 4-5 per year. It makes me very upset to hear these things. I am currently working on a project with Brunswick to STOP this from happening any further.... I am really trying to be a part of the SOLUTION!!!

This was my most recent GC6 Install in Eureka, California. No bullshit misaligned castings or bullshit period.

TFT

Attachments

• 56273f1039818b497b0bce6414e385eb032b7238-1.jpg
    56273f1039818b497b0bce6414e385eb032b7238-1.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 697
  • 2db262e6bb43a15dda97d7c49075692289101ff3-1.jpg
    2db262e6bb43a15dda97d7c49075692289101ff3-1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 700
  • d15609ccd615dfdc5866272d6a84043381e9827c-1.jpg
    d15609ccd615dfdc5866272d6a84043381e9827c-1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 647
  • 12eb503b7836ef97489ddefca79622e71cc3c0a6-1.jpg