Brunswick Gold Crown VI (Tournament Edition)

phreaticus

Geez I’m sorry I bumped this thread looking for info. We all respect your guys’ prowess as table mechanics, but can you two idiots please get a room somewhere and spare us all the BS?

In the OP, I assume that is the matte black finish, correct? The finish on the top rails looks so perfect that it almost looks like laminate. Is it laminate or finished wood?

phreaticus

In the OP, I assume that is the matte black finish, correct? The finish on the top rails looks so perfect that it almost looks like laminate. Is it laminate or finished wood?
I have the same table. Brunswick calls the matt black rail finish “high pressure laminate”, which I think (but am not sure ) is basically like Formica, ie a composite of layered paper & melamine resin. Mine doesn’t see harsh use outside of some teen agers banging balls occasionally, but its holding up perfectly, just wipe down with damp microfiber cloth once a month or so… literally zero scratches/dents so far.

I have the same table. Brunswick calls the matt black rail finish “high pressure laminate”, which I think (but am not sure ) is basically like Formica, ie a composite of layered paper & melamine resin. Mine doesn’t see harsh use outside of some teen agers banging balls occasionally, but its holding up perfectly, just wipe down with damp microfiber cloth once a month or so… literally zero scratches/dents so far.
Thanks. I assumed it was finished wood but see now in the brochure that it says high pressure laminate.

Since you have the table, do you mind answering a couple of questions?

Is the entire table the same laminate - Rails, Apron, Legs?
is the apron solid wood, plywood or MDF?

I assume the legs are mostly MDF.

phreaticus

Since you have the table, do you mind answering a couple of questions?

Is the entire table the same laminate - Rails, Apron, Legs?
is the apron solid wood, plywood or MDF?

I assume the legs are mostly MDF.

Only the matt black rail top playing surfaces are the high pressure laminate stuff.

Aprons are solid wood.

Legs main parts are also solid wood, but have some plywood interior walls. No MDF anywhere that I could see, but the outer surface layer might be some sort of MDF laminate, not sure. Going by memory here, haven’t looked at the legs closely since install day 2 yrs ago and I’m away from my house for the weekend. When I get home tomm if I remember I’ll crawl under the table and take a fresh closer look for you.

Only the matt black rail top playing surfaces are the high pressure laminate stuff.

Aprons are solid wood.

Legs main parts are also solid wood, but have some plywood interior walls. No MDF anywhere that I could see, but the outer surface layer might be some sort of MDF laminate, not sure. Going by memory here, haven’t looked at the legs closely since install day 2 yrs ago and I’m away from my house for the weekend. When I get home tomm if I remember I’ll crawl under the table and take a fresh closer look for you.
Oh no. No crawling! I appreciate it. So the aprons are stained/poly or lacquered wood as far as you know?

phreaticus

Oh no. No crawling! I appreciate it. So the aprons are stained/poly or lacquered wood as far as you know?
Aprons are stained & lightly lacquered I think, but not sure. Happy to crawl underneath & snap some pics for you next 1-2 days. Good questions!

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Been looking for a brand new table since I sold my used but well maintained IV Tournament Edition. I was quoted $14,592 for a GC VI Tournament Edition 🤪. I just laughed, emailed Diamond for a dealer, and put the deposit down on a new 9' Diamond Pro Am Blue Label in Black PRC. Almost half the cost heh.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
I love a Gold Crown, but there is no way in Hell I'd pay nearly $15k for a new GC6....if it was the only table available I wouldn't own a table lol.

phreaticus

Been looking for a brand new table since I sold my used but well maintained IV Tournament Edition. I was quoted $14,592 for a GC VI Tournament Edition 🤪. I just laughed, emailed Diamond for a dealer, and put the deposit down on a new 9' Diamond Pro Am Blue Label in Black PRC. Almost half the cost heh.
Wow, that IS crazy. My GC6 TE in early 2020 was $9800 all in (balls+cues pkg, tax, whole enchilada), which was just shy of what I could get a Diamond Pro (same pkg) for in NorCal. May I ask what the ProAm $ is now, all in? Cheers ✌️

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Wow, that IS crazy. My GC6 TE in early 2020 was $9800 all in (balls+cues pkg, tax, whole enchilada), which was just shy of what I could get a Diamond Pro (same pkg) for in NorCal. May I ask what the ProAm $ is now, all in? Cheers ✌️
They have went up in recent years, but the Pro Am was 8249 delivered and setup. Obviously delivery would be different for everyone, depending on location and other factors (stairs, pain to get to etc…). That is for the 9’ of course.

$9800 is better than what I was quoted, obviously. Not sure why they would be all over the place on pricing. This was with the Gulley return, Black TE, etc...

bNC2ass.jpg

Last edited:

phreaticus

They have went up in recent years, but the Pro Am was 8249 delivered and setup. Obviously delivery would be different for everyone, depending on location and other factors (stairs, pain to get to etc…). That is for the 9’ of course.

$9800 is better than what I was quoted, obviously. Not sure why they would be all over the place on pricing. This was with the Gulley return, Black TE, etc...

bNC2ass.jpg
Well that certainly seems like a screaming deal for a new ProAM pkg by any measure - much cheaper than I got quoted even a few years ago. Especially since I assumed Diamond pricing would be higher this year along with everything else, post Covid. Congrats and thx for sharing. If the GC6 price you got quoted reflects current BW pricing, clearly there is no comparison.

Enjoy the new ProAm!