Brunswick Superspeed Cushions

realkingcobra

Silver Member
3-4 years ago I had my rails done and had Artemis cushions installed, did I make a mistake? It seemed like around that time everyone was using Artemis, thats how I ended up using them, now it seems Superspeeds are more popular.
Am I going to have to have my rails re-calibrated again if I go back to Superspeeds fom Artemis??

Here's a question for you, first, do you like how your pool table plays? Because if you do, why would you change? Second, why did you change from the original cushions in the first place?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That depends.... Do YOU like the way the Artemis play?

I have installed several sets of Superspeeds, and love the way they play.
I have installed plenty more sets of Diamond/J&J cushions, and love the way they play.
I have installed quite a few sets of MBS cushions, and find them very comparable.
I have installed several sets of Artemis, and strongly dislike the way that they play.
I have never installed Klematch, though I have played on some, and strongly disliked them as well.

There are drawbacks to each, though the only complaint that I have about Superspeed cushions is the mold flash that they have along the top edge of the cushion. It adds some additional work, prior to installation.

I tell everyone the same thing, if you want credibility to vo along with your reputation, then post up your work in progress, not.just the completed tables as nothing is visible when the table is assembled. No good mechanic should have a problem showing their work, Mark and i do all the time.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Why would i need to ask Mark, i KNOW how a table is suppose to play, i use to be a pretty good player myself years ago.
Apparently not b/c you kept insisting blue labels don't bank short.

Stop flip-flopping.
You say you prefer Superspeed on Brunswick table then you keep hyping Artemis on GC's.
Diamonds with Artemis bank shorter than Gold Crown . A world champion banker said that.
Jay has said on that on stream. And he owns a Diamond.
And as you alluded to, Brunswick has not switched to Artemis cushions.

Stick with Superspeed on GC's.

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
If the Diamond or MBS cushions cost more that superspeed cushions, no one would buy them, so that's the real reason for installing them, save some money and put it in your pocket, i personally like Brunswick cushions on Brunswick pool tables.

So stop installing Artemis on GC's and claim they play just as good.

JazzboxBlues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope I didn't make a mistake in purchasing a GC IV with Artemis already installed with extended subrails. Fortunately the table was never used commercially and is super clean. I just wasn't expecting the extra cost since I already need to add a ball return and was ok with that, do to the table's condition.

Last edited:

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I hope I didn't make a mistake in purchasing a GC IV with Artemis already installed with extended subrails. Fortunately the table was never used commercially and is super clean. I just wasn't expecting the extra cost since I already need to add a ball return and was ok with that, do to the table's condition.

I guess it depends on who did the work. Were the subrails modified to fit the artemis? They do not fit with out modification. If they did not change the subrails, worst case scenario you put the Superspeed on there and be happy that you have the factory cushions on your table with extended subs.
Good Luck!

Trent

JoeyInCali

Silver Member

As the cloth on the rails get older, it will bank shorter and shorter.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Apparently not b/c you kept insisting blue labels don't bank short.

Stop flip-flopping.
You say you prefer Superspeed on Brunswick table then you keep hyping Artemis on GC's.
Diamonds with Artemis bank shorter than Gold Crown . A world champion banker said that.
Jay has said on that on stream. And he owns a Diamond.
And as you alluded to, Brunswick has not switched to Artemis cushions.

Stick with Superspeed on GC's.
What on earth makes you feel qualified to tell me how to do my job?

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
What on earth makes you feel qualified to tell me how to do my job?
Because you keep flip-flopping.

So you say you prefer Superspeed on Brunswick table.
Then installs Artemis anyway. Does that make sense to you ?
It doesn't.

Stick to Superspeed so peeps like me don't foot the bill in having Artemis on their GC's.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
As the cloth on the rails get older, it will bank shorter and shorter.

And guess what....so does Superspeed. No pool table plays perfect from the time the cloth is installed new, until its replaced. I. That time frame I'd guess that maybe about 20% of the time it plays perfect. Stop trying to act like you know something!!!

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
And guess what....so does Superspeed. No pool table plays perfect from the time the cloth is installed new, until its replaced. I. That time frame I'd guess that maybe about 20% of the time it plays perfect. Stop trying to act like you know something!!!

Guess what, not as bad on Superspeed . Artemis's points grab more.
Mark predicted it'd happen to my table and explained it in detail.
He hit the nail on the head.
From listening to several experts, including a two Diamond mechs and from my experience, that conclusion isn't a hearsay anymore.
Some denied it first then could no longer deny it.

And from your own words which you somehow conveniently forget.

Why do people install Superspeed on GC's when you and Mark prefer Superspeed on them?
Explain that .

QUIT FLIPFLOPPING.
You'd be a lousy witness in court. You sound like Obama when he went to a White Sox game.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Guess what, not as bad on Superspeed . Artemis's points grab more.
Mark predicted it'd happen to my table and explained it in detail.
He hit the nail on the head.
From listening to several experts, including a two Diamond mechs and from my experience, that conclusion isn't a hearsay anymore.
Some denied it first then could no longer deny it.

And from your own words which you somehow conveniently forget.

Why do people install Superspeed on GC's when you and Mark prefer Superspeed on them?
Explain that .

QUIT FLIPFLOPPING.
You'd be a lousy witness in court. You sound like Obama when he went to a White Sox game.
Joey, please find a subject to talk about that you at least know SOMETHING about...OK?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Glen, hire a lawyer.
He'll tell you how dumb your flipflopping is.

Joey, have you EVER played on a pool table i rebuilt? No??? Then shut the f%&*k up you f $&#king crybaby! Why don't you go cry to SOMEONE who cares about your pool table and how it plays....or better yet, send your rails to Mark to fix....as I've told you repeatedly, and be happy!????????????????????

Last edited:

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
Joey, have you EVER played on a pool table i rebuilt? No??? Then shut the f%&*k up you f $&#king crybaby! Why don't you go cry to someone who cares about your pool table and how it plays....or better yet, send your rails to Mark to fix....as I've told you repeatedly, and be happy!

Nobody is crying here except you.
Yeah, quit flipflopping.

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
I'm in the process of restoring a Gold Crown 1. This past Friday I dropped off my rails to Jack Zimmerman so he can recalibrate them and tighten the pockets. Jack suggested I go with the superspeeds so that's what I am going with.