Brusnwick Gold Crown 3 and 4 What's Different?

ososlow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the differences between a 9 ft Brunswick Gold Crown 3 and 4'? I would like to know what a fair price is for both models. I might have found a few for sale but don't want to get ripped off!


Thanks!
 
The four has flush pockets, wider rails, and built-in slate leveling system.

Prices:

Wholesale = GC 4 is around $3500.
Used = $1500 to $2000 for either model.
 
Last edited:
yes. Wider rails. Deeper pockets slate is more straight inside the pocket lip. Plays tighter then it looks. You have to hit the ball in the middle. Pocket play closer to a diamond then the gc3
 
GC3 is the worst of all GC's imo.
They sell for like 2 grand used here.
GC4 about 3 grand used.
I stuck with the old one and got a II. Built in the US not Brazil or China.
 
According to my local Brunswick dealer, the Gold Crown III and IV were built in the United States. The other Brunwick models are made overseas.

Interested to know if he's correct or just blowing smoke.
 
Roadkill said:
According to my local Brunswick dealer, the Gold Crown III and IV were built in the United States. The other Brunwick models are made overseas.

Interested to know if he's correct or just blowing smoke.
He's blowing smoke.
3's were built in Brazil.
The Monarch cushions on I and II were made in Chicago.
The frame and rails on I and II were built here.

Superspeed cushions now are built in Taiwan.
 
I doubt many retailers have the knowledge of the AZBoard...

Your current and future questions are answered in the "Ask the Mechanic" section. Let us konw if you cannot find it.:)
 
Gold Crown 1,2 & 3's all used the same style of attatchment of the castings and the same style of frame. 1 & 2's used pinned slate a few 3's did before going to Brazil. 1 &2's used screws to haold all trim and the castings are real thick aluminum. 3's used afew nails and a unique mounting of the trim the casting's are thin wall pot metal.

The GC4's use 2 captive furniture style screws or clamp method for there casting's thin wall pot metal agian but with thier logo cast on to it. The trim pieces held on the same as the 3 both a pain to take off to refinish 1 &2's much easier. The Frame was redesigned to look like 4x5" lumber looks like ostrand board somtimes 18 point leveling screw system.

THe 4 is were Brunswick started over pricing themselves the GC5 looks nicer play's great and is a little cheaper with better looks but still twice the price of most tables made here in the USA. I think thats why you see more Metro's and Gibson in tournament with brunswick so consumers can afford them around the $6,000 range instead of $10,000 for a GC.

I could go on but hit me up with a pm if you like

Craig
 
Back
Top