Bullseye Billiards Instructional Game

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, I just wanted to let all you know about a game I created for helping learn pool and billiards. It's called Bullseye Billiards and is available for order starting today at http://BullseyeBilliards.net

I hope you like it!

P.S.
I am aware that the "target pool" concept is not new, but this is a brand new product with new instruction, new shots, and new games styles.

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like a great product, Jeremiah - order placed :-D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a great game and practice tool. Great for cue ball control. One of the best things you can do to improve your game is better cue ball control. The second is planed position play. That is just two things the game and practice will help you with.

Ricky - I have the Bullseye System and LOVE IT!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Target pool helped me tons... this is money well spent if your looking to up your game

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
The website doesn't have much information other than a picture of the box. Can you tell us more?

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you,

I just placed my order. This strongly reminds me of Target Pool, which has been out of print for many years, and only available as a collector's item.

Thank you! Yes, I have definitely been inspired by Target Pool, but as you said it has not been available for a long time. I think you'll see that Bullseye Billiards is an upgrade in many ways.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just ordered mine. I'm fortunate enough to have found Target Pool by Kim Davenport here at AZ in Wanted/For Sale about a year ago. That has been really helpful and makes doing drills more fun. Looking forward to getting Bullseye Billiards.

jchance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Jeremiah, it looks like a great training tool! Does the target in any way affect the path or speed of the cue ball? Can you explain what material is used and how it does not slow the cue ball down or cause it to deviate? Many thanks

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Jeremiah, it looks like a great training tool! Does the target in any way affect the path or speed of the cue ball? Can you explain what material is used and how it does not slow the cue ball down or cause it to deviate? Many thanks

Great question. The target is made of a 100% polyester fabric, similar to what sports jerseys are made of. It lays completely flat on the table and doesn't crease. If the cue ball is rolling really slowly near the edge of the target, I have seen it deviate, but our testers had no complaints about that. If you shoot a draw shot over the target, there is a chance of it crumpling up, especially with a dirty cue ball.

If the larger target interferes with any particular shot, the product comes with a smaller target that is just the bullseye portion.

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
is this a remake of Kim's Target Pool, inspired by it, or something completely different?

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is this a remake of Kim's Target Pool, inspired by it, or something completely different?

I consider Bullseye Billiards an upgraded modern version of Target Pool, so it is not a remake. All of the shots and instruction were created in a systematic way, in order to produce the best material for beginners and intermediate players to learn.

The game play in Bullseye Billiards is also different than Target Pool, as well as the design of the book, the targets, and the shots.

The idea stems from the basic concept of using a target, napkin, or piece of paper to practice cue ball positioning. Bullseye Billiards evolved from creating high quality targets to producing a set of 200 shots that I believe will reduce the barrier to learning this great sport.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$60 seems a little steep for an instruction manual and a piece of cloth. That's a pretty high markup. I understand the time invested in making the thing, but there are many book out there with way more invested time in them for 1/3rd the price. $30 would be reasonable, and I would have already ordered if it were.

JeremiahGage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$60 seems a little steep for an instruction manual and a piece of cloth. That's a pretty high markup. I understand the time invested in making the thing, but there are many book out there with way more invested time in them for 1/3rd the price. $30 would be reasonable, and I would have already ordered if it were.

In addition to the book, Bullseye Billiards comes with multiple targets of different sizes and also score pads for playing the games. The whole product is well designed, and many people have already taken advantage of the free shipping this week.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

What things would those be? I paid $150 to $200 for the Davenport Target Pool here for a used copy about a year ago. Frankly, worth every penny. Of course, that price was due to the rarity of the product. I've got tons of pool books and none of them are really exactly what this is. Similar, to a degree, yes.

This is an easy solution for you. Don't buy it. Better yet, put your own product together that is better and sell it for $30. Let me know how that works out for you.

Frankly, I thought it would be $100 or more. I was thrilled to see it was only $59. I was happier yet when I saw shipping was included.

But hey, let's just beat the hell out of anybody and everybody who tries to do something good for pool and send them a message they're not allowed to make a reasonable profit. And people wonder why pool is where it is.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But hey, let's just beat the hell out of anybody and everybody who tries to do something good for pool and send them a message they're not allowed to make a reasonable profit. And people wonder why pool is where it is.

Not sure what I said could be considered "beating the hell" out of anybody. Just trying to give a little constructive criticism. If the seller wanted to blitz the market with these then an agressive price would help put that game in the hands of a lot more pool players. What's better; a few sales (that will abruptly stop) at a very high profit margin or barley being able to keep up with orders with a lower profit margin? Just trying to help...

There's a lot of things you see that cost 6 figures or higher to produce with thousands of man hours invested. At the end they know they need to get the price point to a place where they can sell any at all. Trying to get your money back in a few hundred units means you'll at best sell a few hundred units or worse, none at all.

Hey I'm glad the guy is sellig some. Hope it goes well. Just sayin it could probably be better. After all were talking about a product that is very cheap to produce as it's solely printed paper and a couple pieces of fabric.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure what I said could be considered "beating the hell" out of anybody. Just trying to give a little constructive criticism. If the seller wanted to blitz the market with these then an agressive price would help put that game in the hands of a lot more pool players. What's better; a few sales (that will abruptly stop) at a very high profit margin or barley being able to keep up with orders with a lower profit margin? Just trying to help...

There's a lot of things you see that cost 6 figures or higher to produce with thousands of man hours invested. At the end they know they need to get the price point to a place where they can sell any at all. Trying to get your money back in a few hundred units means you'll at best sell a few hundred units or worse, none at all.

Hey I'm glad the guy is sellig some. Hope it goes well. Just sayin it could probably be better. After all were talking about a product that is very cheap to produce as it's solely printed paper and a couple pieces of fabric.

You obviously have no clue what it takes to get products produced in relatively low volume. Even if he were getting 5,000 to 10,000 made, which I'm fairly sure he didn't do, it would still be a struggle to break even at $30. Go visit a printer and get pricing on what the manual for this product would cost in quantities of 100 and 250. You've got $5 or more tied up in shipping and handling.

Yes, there are things that have millions tied up in development. They mad produce them and sell millions of them. You'd probably be shocked at the actual cost to produce an iPhone, it's much lower than you'd expect. I'll bet the labor and parts cost are less than $50.