Shane can still beat the world with a crooked bar cue.
I will concede that a better cue does make a little difference, but I believe a "tailored" cue would do far more. Meaning that a cue with the taper, tip, weight, butt diameter, you prefer. Even that will only go so far. There's an old boy around here that plays with this beat to hell, old, junk, Mc Dermott, and he runs rack after rack. I've had Keith beat the snot out of me with a cue that literally had a 1/2" lift from the table when rolled, and a flat tip.
I get that you want a better cue, but don't get it thinking it will make you a better player. Pool is a head game. Practice is the ONLY thing that will make you noticeably better. I love my expensive cue, I love playing with it. But I can play just as good with a lesser cue, it's simply there as a point of pride and taste.
BTW, LD shafts are OK, but they won't aim the shot for you and it dang sure improve your stroke.
Good luck with what ever you decide, just keep in mind you don't have to spend money on gear to improve your game. GOOD LUCK!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: