Buyer asks, and I am still trying to figure out question?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I almost bought this cue and also the blue version he made around the same time.
Eddie has turned into a gifted cue maker and his workmanship is truly extraordinary.

However, starting with any high asking price only to be willing to come down later
when a hard offer gets extended I think only extends the length of time of any listing.

Nowadays people aren’t interested in selling arguments of how long it would take to
get a new cue made by a specific cue maker. The only thing that matters is how much?

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Frankly if I was going to spend 3k on a 6 year old cue I’d ask for a video of it spinning on the table, with the camera lens right on the slate level. Of course every single cue will have some wobble, but this view will show it, and then the buyer can determine if it’s acceptable to him. It’s so easy to take a 10 sec video and post it now.
I have a 36 year old Runde Schon.....five shafts......no wobble on that cue or any of my others like my 2005 Scruggs and 2005 Ed Prewitt cues.....16 years old. Just because a cue is old does not mean it has wobble, roll or whatever you prefer to refer to it as. A great cue maker will make a great cue but sometimes over time things can change. Well, so far it hasn’t happened to any of my cues and if it hasn’t happened by now, I doubt it would ever occur except due to improper storage or handling. And that is not going to happen with my cues....I want my kids to treasure them as I do and straight cues also play better.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well pardon me for making an error it called being human and starting another thread about worlds most expensive coffee.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Does either shaft have any taper roll? By taper roll, I mean....Normally the middle of the shaft does not touch the table because of the taper. Let's say the edge of the middle of the shaft is 1.5 mm off the table when lying on the table. Does the edge of the shaft stay a constant 1.5 mm off the table when you roll the shaft? Or, does the distance from the edge of the shaft to the table vary from, say, 0.5 mm to 1.5 mm when you roll the shaft?"

I tried to PM Intrested part, but he never replied. Too me question was not blak n white.

I did PM him back and reply my finding that was everything together & apart roll true and straight. Like arrow,
Sorry for your confusion.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well pardon me for making an error it called being human and starting another thread about worlds most expensive coffee.
Screenshot_20190911-095810.jpg

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Free ads have always brought out the weirdos, sellers and buyers alike.

It would be nice to have a limit on how long a listing can go before it is removed or the price dropped.

Some ofthat crap has been on here for years.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Free ads have always brought out the weirdos, sellers and buyers alike.

It would be nice to have a limit on how long a listing can go before it is removed or the price dropped.

Some ofthat crap has been on here for years.
Quit yer wiggling and buy the horse blanket.

Problem solved.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Two ways to ruin a good shaft:

Way one is to sand on it a lot to change size or profile. The sides with the growth rings showing edge on so they look like end grain will sand slower than the other two sides that show few growth rings. The reason is simple, the dark wood is from when the tree is growing slower, usually winter. The light colored wood is added on when the tree is growing fast and it is softer. When you sand the four sides equally you get a barrel shape if you sand long enough, one version of the taper roll. If you sand too much on one side you can also create a taper roll. You have cut more away on one side.

Another way to get a taper roll is from pressure on the two ends of the shaft holding it in a lathe. The wood bows, you get the evil taper roll.

The taper roll has been marketed as no big deal but any way you size it having the wood not being equal all of the way around the shaft from tip until almost the joint is a flaw. Which way these shafts are turned will usually make a difference in the spin delivered hitting off center.

Hu