Can Dennis Orcollo outrun 10 games on the wire against Hennessee - Match Thread

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Didn’t the Taiwanese players seem to have his number back then? I think he’s likely the money game king now but back then I remember him losing several big matches to Yang.

That was about eight years ago, a 50K match that Dennis lost (Race to 60). Yang was one of Pool's greatest technicians. He seemed to have the game down to a science, where he could figure out any shot and how to execute it properly. I was fortunate to see him play at his peak. His cue ball control was beyond amazing at times. It was other worldly what I saw him do, winding the cue ball through small openings and breaking up problem balls. He ran racks that no one else (at that time - pre Filler) would attempt. If he needed to shoot a long cross corner bank to continue his run, he would take some extra time to examine the shot and then get up there and fire that bank in and play shape on the next ball. I witnessed stuff like that and could not believe that anyone would play 9-Ball this way.

For whatever reason he quit the game for a few years and when he came back he had lost that magic touch. Still a very good player, but only a shadow of his old self.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
That was about eight years ago, a 50K match that Dennis lost (Race to 60).

As someone else mentioned I was also thinking Yang beat Dennis in at least a couple of long money matches. I want to say the other was a race to 50 (possibly race to 30?) but the details are fuzzy now.