Can I see your pool table lights?

kitsap

Registered
Really happy with new LED bulbs I purchased a few weeks ago.

Attachments

• D7K_2330-a (Large).JPG
    D7K_2330-a (Large).JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 60
  • D7K_2331-a (Large).JPG
    D7K_2331-a (Large).JPG
    145 KB · Views: 57
  • D7K_2332-a (Large).JPG
    D7K_2332-a (Large).JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 71
  • D7K_2333-a (Large).JPG
    D7K_2333-a (Large).JPG
    153 KB · Views: 78
  • PT LED Bulb-2.jpg
    PT LED Bulb-2.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 79
  • PT LED Bulb-1.jpg
    PT LED Bulb-1.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 68

phreaticus

Really happy with new LED bulbs I purchased a few weeks ago.
Looks nice, and quite even lighting pattern on the table. A friend of mine recently put a GC3 in his house and also wanted more traditional light fixture style but with modern LED bulbs, has a very similar setup as yours and also came out very nice.

So many great & cheap LED options these days!

sellingboe

I need to make a decision in the very near future on what type of light to hang over a 9ft GC1 I have coming in a few weeks. Ideally, I'd like something more clean and modern. Curious as to what others are doing?
You see my light in my avatar pic. I think it was made for pairing with a Centennial or Anniversary, but looks great over my GC1.

Muzz

I built my light to match the wood, color (stain) and contours of the Diamond Paragon table. The frame is hard maple with a suspended ceiling built within with 3 2x2 drop ceiling LED lights, which are controllable for color and lumens. I hung an eggshell diffuser to soften the glare. The entire light was less than $200. FYI, the Paragon has the standard maple (cherry color) base and legs with a diamond wood top that exactly matches the tops at the Pro Am tables where I play one pocket at Kickshot Billiards.

Attachments

• IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0663.jpg
    IMG_0663.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

dquarasr

Registered
Here’s what compromise looks like. It’s also likely an example of what a true pool enthusiast would not do.

The cloth color was chosen nearly a decade ago, before I knew that tournament blue was “the” color.

Lighting had limitations. The center of the table is not directly under the fixture that was already in this room. I had a traditional three-circle pool light but it would have had to be swagged to center it. This room was added to the house in 1997 and its roof does not lend itself readily to crawling around to move the fixture.

And there is pleasing the Spousal Unit. See, this table is in the great room, which is where our entertainment area is, in an open plan adjacent to our large kitchen/dining area. So, modest, modern track lighting was an acceptable compromise.

It’s not ideal. Throws shadows. But it’s a 9-ft pool table in my house, under air, and it keeps peace in said house.
1659630743130.jpeg

1659630770395.jpeg

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I went with the Diamond LED light for the 9' Paragon. It's Maple and stained Rosewood and matches the table. Diamond provided me the stain code and supplier, so the ceiling beam (mostly hidden in this picture) matches the table and light, as does the shelf above the cabinets in the built in bookshelves.

I intend to photograph the entire room once complete. We're waiting on a few more things as well as the house cues I'm having custom made.

Table and Light - Room in Progress.jpg

soyale

some gorgeous setups in this thread. had a table in the basement growing up and am very anxious to have the space to put up one of my own. my living room in the duplex i rent is long enough lengthwise but about a foot and a half short widthwise. Someday!!

thanks for sharing fellas

Muzz

The rosewood choice on the paragon is fantastic! I suspect the Paragon plays as great as it looks, as does mine.

I am making window treatments to match the light to cover the tops of my blinds for balance.

Here is mine.

There is a member here on the forum who sells these. This sucker is bright.

original.jpg
My only issue with these versus other similar models is that the perimeter lights aren’t dimmable. I just want the table lit when I play, not blast the whole room with light.

phreaticus

My only issue with these versus other similar models is that the perimeter lights aren’t dimmable. I just want the table lit when I play, not blast the whole room with light.
Yeah, agreed. I also prefer the table brightly & evenly lit, but rest of the room darker. These newer perimeter style lights do seem to provide very even lighting on the table surface, but I also find they spill light far too wide out into the rest of the room. Plus I think they look dorky.