Carolina Open

daniel

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Any results on the Carolina Open? I was there last nite & Earl was in rare form.

jungledude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Davis won the one pocket

:D I was there too, flew home tonite because the turnout was so bad. Earl was the only name player there besides Mike Davis who won the one pocket with Sparky Ferrule second. Earl was really in good spirits and kept the crowd entertained. Hooker and I were the only decent action, seemed like everyone in attendance had that Italian disease - funds-r-low.:p

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Man, even this post about the event went nowhere!

Mike Davis?! He moves like a battleship!;) :eek: Did he run a couple of balls?!!? Just kidding...couldn't have happened for a nicer guy!

God Bless Humph and Hooker for keeping the heart beating in Goldsboro.

Now all you people go to this event next time. It really is better when you come.

deadstroke32

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jungledude said:
:D I was there too, flew home tonite because the turnout was so bad. Earl was the only name player there besides Mike Davis who won the one pocket with Sparky Ferrule second. Earl was really in good spirits and kept the crowd entertained. Hooker and I were the only decent action, seemed like everyone in attendance had that Italian disease - funds-r-low.:p
Hayjd were u the guy playing 100 a ball with hooker / I Hear that someone was playing 100 dollars a shot up there .And the guy lost big..

jjollie

I'm not sure who he was but the guy was shoting spot shots with Hooker for a hundred a shot. He maybe made one out of ten missing each time about 3-4 inches. That's a BIG miss on a spot shot!!! Talk about More Money than sense....

NorthCarolinian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the guy shooting spot shots with hooker was not quite as good as hooker but he did shoot back at him making 5 in a row at some point, all slow rollers too. all that said i think hooker won, just dont know how much

NorthCarolinian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
chewy played the ghost one night, sparky played a young sharpshooter and lots of other action on thursday and friday nights

BreakersOne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey NC, tell chewy that Wes from Knoxville says he needs to drop back through Breakers when he gets a chance! Thanks

NorthCarolinian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not sure if im goin back, fwiw ill take tony watson to win it, earl second mike davis third and shaun wilkie fourth, however at the time im wrtiing this they allcould be knocked out. i missed all saturdays action and sundays too

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
BreakersOne said:
Hey NC, tell chewy that Wes from Knoxville says he needs to drop back through Breakers when he gets a chance! Thanks

Yeah, and tell Chewy that he should pay off his gambling debts too. What a piece of sh*t that guy is. He still owes me $1400 from a golf match he lost to me and Shannon Daulton.

mrsboss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was there friday night and it seemed that everyone was playing like crap. Sparky was playing good, but ran out of juice halfway through the match. I have seen a lot of people play pool , but this was my first time seeing Earl. I would have payed$100 for my seat, it was truely entertaining. Laughed until I had tears. Tony was running around the table making things happen, but who has ever seen him win a tourney? Chew got beat. And scott lewis showed up trying to get some action , found a little but not worth the drive. Best thing about the touney this year... the bbq chicken!!

allie

Pro Player
Silver Member
Here are some of the final results from the 9-Ball Division:

1. Shaun Wilkie $2500
2. Brandon Ashcraft $2000
3. Bill Bailey $1200
4. Tony Watson ?

Others who cashed: Mike Davis, Sparky Ferrell, Earl Strickland

Sorry I don't have the rest of it. My memory isn't so good these days...

poolmoney

Registered
Way to go Billy. I was at Diamonds last nite when Crockett announced you were playing for the hot seat. I had been trying today to find out the end results. :)

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
poolmoney said:
Way to go Billy. I was at Diamonds last nite when Crockett announced you were playing for the hot seat. I had been trying today to find out the end results. :)
What's up Hil. Good to see you posting.

See you all at Charlie's in a couple of weeks.

poolmoney

Registered
What's up D. I know it took me forever getting around to getting on here. Who's coming from Ktown at the end of the month?

mrsboss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure yet, I am sure all of the usual and then some suprise ones too! I always enjoy the anticipation of who will show up! Hope you will be there!

cdavis9771

Yes this dog will bite;)
Silver Member
corvette1340 said:
Yeah, and tell Chewy that he should pay off his gambling debts too. What a piece of sh*t that guy is. He still owes me $1400 from a golf match he lost to me and Shannon Daulton.

I got 1 word for you when it comes to gambling. POST;)

cdavis9771

Yes this dog will bite;)
Silver Member
I was wondering wht Earl was even playing in this event. I'm not saying this wasn't a great tourney to play in but Earl 6-time World Champion, numerous U.S.open winner,has played all over the world for hundreds of thousands of dollars Strickland. Playing for 2500 bucks. Just seems very strange....:confused: