Cases: Whitten vs. JB

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Maybe ten years ago I was shopping for a real nice leather case at Super Billiards Expo. JB was an absolute arrogant snot. Whitten family were both nice and helpful. Guess where I spent my money.
I wasn't a JB fan either...until I got to know him. Great guy that will take a call on Sunday and ship your case out on Monday. Never any worries with JB

Edit: before JB responds, he wasn't a fan of mine either 🤣🤣🤣

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
JBCase could dress in red suit, grow white beard, have bag of free presents for every person.🎅

People would still throw trash for not reason but they can.🤯

Want to show JBCases, Whitten or ?, how to do it better.

Go for it, do it, market will judge your idea.

Miller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
john barton builds the best cases that there are. period. this is coming from lou's cornerman from new jersey. john played at one of our 1p.org tourneys in memphis and was nothing but a gentleman.....and a couple guys that thought they caught somehting, got stung. good on you JB.

if you need a case, that not only looks tits, but more importantly, protects your prized possesion.......JB Cases is the only way to go.

dustin miller

RakRunr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have owned several JB cases, and they are very good cases, especially for the price point. However, I love my Whitten. I worked directly with Joe a few years ago to design my own case, and I now have a gorgeous 1 of a kind custom that should never need to be replaced.

Joe is super to work with and very attentive to detail. His customer service and craftsmanship are both absolutely top notch. Ultimately it depends on what you prefer and how much money you are willing to spend.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is the Whitten family from the Palm Harbor, FL area? I remember playing Dan Whitten some one pocket at the old Strokers 20 years ago, is that the guy that made cases?
Over the years I made many trips to the Tampa area. I became friendly with Dan and we played many times and had a bunch of great conversations. All the trips to strokers since his passing are not the same.

Ghost of OBC

I don't know who makes the best case, but I'm really happy with my case from Jill Hawk Custom Cases. It is one of a kind and exactly what I wanted. I have every confidence it will serve me for the rest of my life. The bonus, if Clyde and Jill were in my area, I'd love to have them over for Thanksgiving dinner. They are very kind people making a great product.

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have 3 cases: JB, Whitten and Jill Hawk. I also had a Rusty Melton. All are great cases, each design having its own personality. I think I've had more satisfaction with cue cases than I've had with some pool cues.